Back at it for a month

LordGunz

Awards
hEllo new member here.. I lifted for a year or two before I took almost a 2 year break..
Anyways im 26 when I started back lifting a month ago I was 166 now im 170 bulking on about 3000kcals..
20170425_202447-1.jpg

20170425_202524-1.jpg

I plan on bulking to 200lbs or so very slowly.. I am not to fat to hinder my gains ? Please leave feed back

Attachments

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I personally would cut to like 160 or lower then lean bulk after....but that's just my preference as I never like to look not lean
What body fat% would you say you have?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I personally would cut to like 160 or lower then lean bulk after....but that's just my preference as I never like to look not lean
What body fat% would you say you have?
The only issue with him cutting now is that he doesn't have much muscle mass to cut down to. Cutting now would result in a very thin physique with not much muscle.

OP how tall are you? I would suggest focus on eating maintenance cals or slightly above, and focus on getting back to being consistent in the gym. Attempting to add 30lbs at your current level of body fat would result in a very long diet following, which wouldn't be ideal. I would focus on being consistent with both nutrition and training. Lift big, sleep enough, and clean up your diet. If you've been out of the gym for 2 years you should see some drastic improvements just by simply getting back on track

LordGunz

Awards
The only issue with him cutting now is that he doesn't have much muscle mass to cut down to. Cutting now would result in a very thin physique with not much muscle.

OP how tall are you? I would suggest focus on eating maintenance cals or slightly above, and focus on getting back to being consistent in the gym. Attempting to add 30lbs at your current level of body fat would result in a very long diet following, which wouldn't be ideal. I would focus on being consistent with both nutrition and training. Lift big, sleep enough, and clean up your diet. If you've been out of the gym for 2 years you should see some drastic improvements just by simply getting back on track
I am 5 foot 9 and I eat mainly clean chicken rice beef pasta etc.. I also recently upped my calls to 3300 I lost a pound of weight at 3000 cals so we will see

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I am 5 foot 9 and I eat mainly clean chicken rice beef pasta etc.. I also recently upped my calls to 3300 I lost a pound of weight at 3000 cals so we will see
If you've been out of the gym for a long time I wouldn't continue to increase calories - keep it consistent. I think 3000 is plenty to start at for your current body type, weight, and height. Since you're more active and lifting again, its possible that you might drop a few pounds. I wouldn't fear weight loss if you're eating 3k cals.

LordGunz

Awards
Okay I just don't have enough muscle tocut down I would look like a small fry. Even though I am small right now just wpuldnt look good. I might go back down then I Just want to gain lean muscle at this point my lifts have already increased quite a bit aincr I've been back I hot 135 by 3 already

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Okay I just don't have enough muscle tocut down I would look like a small fry. Even though I am small right now just wpuldnt look good. I might go back down then I Just want to gain lean muscle at this point my lifts have already increased quite a bit aincr I've been back I hot 135 by 3 already
I judged it by your arm it looked like there was a good amount of Muscle when you flexed but you don't think so?

LordGunz

Awards
My left arm is half an inch smaller and my right arm is 14.5 inches if I sent flex like that I don't look like I lift it sucks but I know its a long road

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You may have more lean mass than you think, even being 2% lower bodyfat would showcase a lot more for you

But no harm in trying to add more if you think that is your best bet, I would do so either at maintenance calories or a very slight surplus (200 cals or so)

As for your arm it will even out you are only a month into training. Are you training arms unilaterally?

LordGunz

Awards
You may have more lean mass than you think, even being 2% lower bodyfat would showcase a lot more for you

But no harm in trying to add more if you think that is your best bet, I would do so either at maintenance calories or a very slight surplus (200 cals or so)

As for your arm it will even out you are only a month into training. Are you training arms unilaterally?
That's what I think is best for me I've loomed this way for awhile sp why not keep looking this way but add muscle for a while.. And i have an arm day in my training

LordGunz

Awards
Also my main lifts I've been able to hit has been
Bench 135 x 3
Ovh press 95 x 6
Bb row 105 x 10

I am still recovering from a leg injury from work a I have not hit legs yet but plan on adding them in.. In about 2 weeks

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What is your workout schedule like on an average week?

LordGunz

Awards
Once I include leg training I will do maybe shoulders and chest together

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yeah I would definitely group shoulders with arms, chest, or even legs once you add that day back in, hard to picture an entire workout for shoulders

LordGunz

Awards
I do Ovh press
Front cable raises
Hammer strength press
Side lateral dub raise
For my shoulder days I like volume even tho some people don't like it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Gotcha, I like my volume as well but I superset shoulders in on my Chest day.

Consider adding some rear delt raises in there, great for core as well if you are using decent weight dumbbells. Plus all your current lifts are out front, up, and to the side but no love for out back!

Just a thought if you want to think long term about the muscle balance too.

LordGunz

Awards
Yes I will definitely incorporate that I was actually thinking about that the other day lol. And that sounds intense for your chest and shoulder routine

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want abs you dont bulk. You either eat clean and try to stay at your weight or you go down. It's all about preference

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
hEllo new member here.. I lifted for a year or two before I took almost a 2 year break..
Anyways im 26 when I started back lifting a month ago I was 166 now im 170 bulking on about 3000kcals..
View attachment 148293
View attachment 148294

I plan on bulking to 200lbs or so very slowly.. I am not to fat to hinder my gains ? Please leave feed back
if I were you I would clean bulk till you put a decent amount of size on then worry about cutting it up after. your not to fat to bulk. some prefer to start bulking when there a bit leaner, it comes down to personal preference.