Back at it for a month

  1. Back at it for a month


    hEllo new member here.. I lifted for a year or two before I took almost a 2 year break..
    Anyways im 26 when I started back lifting a month ago I was 166 now im 170 bulking on about 3000kcals..
    Name:  20170425_202447-1.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  454.5 KB
    Name:  20170425_202524-1.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  397.3 KB

    I plan on bulking to 200lbs or so very slowly.. I am not to fat to hinder my gains ? Please leave feed back
    Attached Images Attached Images   


  2. I personally would cut to like 160 or lower then lean bulk after....but that's just my preference as I never like to look not lean
    What body fat% would you say you have?
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Georgiepecker View Post
    I personally would cut to like 160 or lower then lean bulk after....but that's just my preference as I never like to look not lean
    What body fat% would you say you have?
    The only issue with him cutting now is that he doesn't have much muscle mass to cut down to. Cutting now would result in a very thin physique with not much muscle.

    OP how tall are you? I would suggest focus on eating maintenance cals or slightly above, and focus on getting back to being consistent in the gym. Attempting to add 30lbs at your current level of body fat would result in a very long diet following, which wouldn't be ideal. I would focus on being consistent with both nutrition and training. Lift big, sleep enough, and clean up your diet. If you've been out of the gym for 2 years you should see some drastic improvements just by simply getting back on track
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    The only issue with him cutting now is that he doesn't have much muscle mass to cut down to. Cutting now would result in a very thin physique with not much muscle.

    OP how tall are you? I would suggest focus on eating maintenance cals or slightly above, and focus on getting back to being consistent in the gym. Attempting to add 30lbs at your current level of body fat would result in a very long diet following, which wouldn't be ideal. I would focus on being consistent with both nutrition and training. Lift big, sleep enough, and clean up your diet. If you've been out of the gym for 2 years you should see some drastic improvements just by simply getting back on track
    I am 5 foot 9 and I eat mainly clean chicken rice beef pasta etc.. I also recently upped my calls to 3300 I lost a pound of weight at 3000 cals so we will see

  5. Quote Originally Posted by LordGunz View Post
    I am 5 foot 9 and I eat mainly clean chicken rice beef pasta etc.. I also recently upped my calls to 3300 I lost a pound of weight at 3000 cals so we will see
    If you've been out of the gym for a long time I wouldn't continue to increase calories - keep it consistent. I think 3000 is plenty to start at for your current body type, weight, and height. Since you're more active and lifting again, its possible that you might drop a few pounds. I wouldn't fear weight loss if you're eating 3k cals.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   
       


  6. Okay I just don't have enough muscle tocut down I would look like a small fry. Even though I am small right now just wpuldnt look good. I might go back down then I Just want to gain lean muscle at this point my lifts have already increased quite a bit aincr I've been back I hot 135 by 3 already

  7. Quote Originally Posted by LordGunz View Post
    Okay I just don't have enough muscle tocut down I would look like a small fry. Even though I am small right now just wpuldnt look good. I might go back down then I Just want to gain lean muscle at this point my lifts have already increased quite a bit aincr I've been back I hot 135 by 3 already
    I judged it by your arm it looked like there was a good amount of Muscle when you flexed but you don't think so?

  8. My left arm is half an inch smaller and my right arm is 14.5 inches if I sent flex like that I don't look like I lift it sucks but I know its a long road
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    You may have more lean mass than you think, even being 2% lower bodyfat would showcase a lot more for you

    But no harm in trying to add more if you think that is your best bet, I would do so either at maintenance calories or a very slight surplus (200 cals or so)

    As for your arm it will even out you are only a month into training. Are you training arms unilaterally?
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    You may have more lean mass than you think, even being 2% lower bodyfat would showcase a lot more for you

    But no harm in trying to add more if you think that is your best bet, I would do so either at maintenance calories or a very slight surplus (200 cals or so)

    As for your arm it will even out you are only a month into training. Are you training arms unilaterally?
    That's what I think is best for me I've loomed this way for awhile sp why not keep looking this way but add muscle for a while.. And i have an arm day in my training

  11. Also my main lifts I've been able to hit has been
    Bench 135 x 3
    Ovh press 95 x 6
    Bb row 105 x 10

    I am still recovering from a leg injury from work a I have not hit legs yet but plan on adding them in.. In about 2 weeks
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    What is your workout schedule like on an average week?
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  13. Chest
    Back
    Shoulders
    Arms
    Off
    Repeat

  14. Once I include leg training I will do maybe shoulders and chest together
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Yeah I would definitely group shoulders with arms, chest, or even legs once you add that day back in, hard to picture an entire workout for shoulders
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  16. I do Ovh press
    Front cable raises
    Hammer strength press
    Side lateral dub raise
    For my shoulder days I like volume even tho some people don't like it
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Gotcha, I like my volume as well but I superset shoulders in on my Chest day.

    Consider adding some rear delt raises in there, great for core as well if you are using decent weight dumbbells. Plus all your current lifts are out front, up, and to the side but no love for out back!

    Just a thought if you want to think long term about the muscle balance too.
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  18. Yes I will definitely incorporate that I was actually thinking about that the other day lol. And that sounds intense for your chest and shoulder routine

  19. If you want abs you dont bulk. You either eat clean and try to stay at your weight or you go down. It's all about preference

  20. Quote Originally Posted by LordGunz View Post
    hEllo new member here.. I lifted for a year or two before I took almost a 2 year break..
    Anyways im 26 when I started back lifting a month ago I was 166 now im 170 bulking on about 3000kcals..
    Name:  20170425_202447-1.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  454.5 KB
    Name:  20170425_202524-1.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  397.3 KB

    I plan on bulking to 200lbs or so very slowly.. I am not to fat to hinder my gains ? Please leave feed back
    if I were you I would clean bulk till you put a decent amount of size on then worry about cutting it up after. your not to fat to bulk. some prefer to start bulking when there a bit leaner, it comes down to personal preference.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Back at it.
    By MentalTwitch in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 11:08 PM
  2. Gotti is back at it with AX Preworkout
    By Young Gotti in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 10:34 PM
  3. Replies: 128
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 11:00 AM
  4. Back at it again!!
    By To0l8er in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 09:12 PM
  5. Back at it.
    By MentalTwitch in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Log in
Log in