Intermittent fasting vs Multiple Meals

  1. Intermittent fasting vs Multiple Meals


    Hi guys, thank you very much for the articles. they are very helpful.

    I have a question about the meal timing of intermittent fasting. I workout at 6 am-7.30 everyday. Can my feeding window be 8 am - 4 pm? so i don't have to deprive my body of nutrients post workout. I can have a big breakfast after the workout and then stop eating at 4 pm and fast for 16 hours till 6 am..

    Please help

    for me meal frequency is also not a problem. I am not fasting because of the lifestyle just for cutting body fat.

    Thanks Heaps

    Gill


  2. Yah. Your leangains feeding window can be whenever you want as long as it's 16/8. Most people just find it easier to break their fast later in the day so they can eat dinner at night. The concern of "starving your body of nutrients" shouldn't really be of concern to you, but, since it is, just go with the window youd like and that you can stick with.
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
    •   
       


  3. @jswain34 thanks Man , for your point of view on this

  4. Have you read on circadian rhythm eating? check out http://www.salk.edu/scientist/satchidananda-panda/
    I downloaded an app called "zero" to help with fasting tracking. There are options on there for customized fasting. Check it out.

  5. Ill be checking that out as well man, thanks. I had no idea there was an app.
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Ill be checking that out as well man, thanks. I had no idea there was an app.
    No Prob. man!
  7. Intermittent fasting vs Multiple Meals


    Man those circadian clock videos are interesting... makes me think i should intermittent fast everyday and eat only during particular eating window

  8. Quote Originally Posted by psgill91 View Post
    Hi guys, thank you very much for the articles. they are very helpful.

    I have a question about the meal timing of intermittent fasting. I workout at 6 am-7.30 everyday. Can my feeding window be 8 am - 4 pm? so i don't have to deprive my body of nutrients post workout. I can have a big breakfast after the workout and then stop eating at 4 pm and fast for 16 hours till 6 am..

    Please help

    for me meal frequency is also not a problem. I am not fasting because of the lifestyle just for cutting body fat.

    Thanks Heaps

    Gill
    If you choose to do intermittent fasting, it will always be best to have your eating window begin post workout. I did IF for a few years in college and switched back to a regular eating schedule in the last few years. Some people claim that IF is beneficial, but from my experience its all about calories in to calories out. If you prefer to eat larger meals and stop eating at 4pm, go for it. But realize that it most likely won't make a significant difference over eating smaller meals and staying in a calorie deficit.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  9. Thanks John, i am going to try it and see if it works otherwise i will do my normal 5 meals a day, cheers pal 🏼

  10. Quote Originally Posted by psgill91 View Post
    Thanks John, i am going to try it and see if it works otherwise i will do my normal 5 meals a day, cheers pal ��
    You're welcome Gill. Best of luck on your goals. Definitely give it a try and see if you like it. IF makes it easier to eat big meals and enjoy it. If your schedule works well for IF, then it should be great for you. But if you're struggling to have energy during your training, or you don't enjoy fasting, you shouldn't notice a difference if you're eating the same number of calories in 5-6 meals per day.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  11. Lets say i train at 5pm , then i start eating at 12 . So feeding window is 12-8 , that shud be okay as well ? Like i will have pre workout meals and then one large meal post workout.. i always need something pre workout or i just cannot lift

  12. Quote Originally Posted by psgill91 View Post
    Lets say i train at 5pm , then i start eating at 12 . So feeding window is 12-8 , that shud be okay as well ? Like i will have pre workout meals and then one large meal post workout.. i always need something pre workout or i just cannot lift
    I've actually tried this approach, and it ends up being A LOT of food. Even if you're dieting on 2000 calories, eating that in two meals is a lot of food. Certainly okay to do, but keep in mind that you'll be stuffing your face for those two meals
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  13. Thats true Man, will experiment things and post my views here, thanks

  14. it literally makes zero (or such a minimal difference that anyone but a top tier olympia type competitor would notice) difference when you decide to eat so long as you get the cals in.

    Ive literally done all the different ways of regular to IF... 6 meals all day, 3 meals, IF 16/8, eat stop eat, warrior diet, you name it... Currently I lift at 5-6am most mornings and have my one giant meal at 7-8pm or so. Ive been eating like this for almost a year now and have (for the first time in my life) maintained +/-10lb @10-12%bf (Ive been 15-20% my whole life minus some super strict cuts followed by the ol yo-yo).

    Eat when you like to and meet your cals and you'll be good to go (and enjoy life and food more)!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  15. Thanks Mate, yeah they present a polished version of IF on articles but here you guys are talking from real experience.. 🏼

  16. Quote Originally Posted by psgill91 View Post
    Thanks Mate, yeah they present a polished version of IF on articles but here you guys are talking from real experience.. 🏼
    That's cuz you can sell a polished version of "eat when you want/makes you happy" haha. When you say it like that, it doesn't sound like you need a trainer to coach you $$$$$$$
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  17. I have followed IF for the last 3-4 years with great success. I see it as part of the reason I can be 42 and eat like I want without gaining fat and maintaining all muscle mass. I workout around 9am and eat my first meal (my biggest 1500-2000cal) around 11am. I'll have a "power shake" ( approx 1000cal) around 3pm, dinner with the family that usually smaller and heavy on protein, then finally usually something sweet like ice cream or a pastry. I wrap all this into 7-8 hours and never trying to fit my day around food- which is one of the things I used to stress about.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    If you choose to do intermittent fasting, it will always be best to have your eating window begin post workout. I did IF for a few years in college and switched back to a regular eating schedule in the last few years. Some people claim that IF is beneficial, but from my experience its all about calories in to calories out. If you prefer to eat larger meals and stop eating at 4pm, go for it. But realize that it most likely won't make a significant difference over eating smaller meals and staying in a calorie deficit.
    So much this^ I practiced IF for a year straight, and have noticed little improvement between a standard eating pattern.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-16-2015, 12:05 PM
  2. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 10:31 PM
  3. Intermittent Fasting
    By trackstud100m in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
  4. Fast vs. Slow Protein... Is Casein Bogus?
    By celc5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 11:45 PM
  5. All you can eat buffet counts as multiple meals?
    By Beefy6969 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Log in
Log in