Wild diet

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Me and my wife are on the wild diet. [ it's a book a lot like the paleo diet tho] now my question is for I am doing 5x5 right now and plan to all year or until I don't progress anymore ... Is there any advice or concerns I need to know before tackling this ? I want to drop body fat in prep for a test-e run in the future. Stats are 5 foot 6. 180. 29yr bench 5x5 215 5x5 ovh 135 deadlier 280 (and climbing ) squat just staying at 135 and doing a lot it reps 5x10

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Me and my wife are on the wild diet. [ it's a book a lot like the paleo diet tho] now my question is for I am doing 5x5 right now and plan to all year or until I don't progress anymore ... Is there any advice or concerns I need to know before tackling this ? I want to drop body fat in prep for a test-e run in the future. Stats are 5 foot 6. 180. 29yr bench 5x5 215 5x5 ovh 135 deadlier 280 (and climbing ) squat just staying at 135 and doing a lot it reps 5x10
Hey dude. Wild diet seems pretty similar to paleo. I've never done the wild diet but I can tell you from my personal experience that paleo left me a little weak. I was hitting proper macros, and was getting all my carbs from sweet potato pretty much. I experimented with paleo for about 3 months and my lifts didn't really go up. Everyone's different though

My stats
27, 5'11. 205lb

OVH PRESS: 185
Squat: 405
Front squat: 355
Deadlift: 525

Not sure if that helps, and can't explain the science behind why it didn't work for me vs others. But just thought I'd respond.

Good luck.

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Man hate to hear that ... I Hope It goes good for me then .... I want to get the muffin too to go away. And trim up a big. But want to get stronger

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my experience with paleo (which I'm probably 80% paleo still after years with some exceptions) is that getting enough carbs can be hard depending on what you believe. some paleo folks for instance consider white rice to be more paleo because its stripped of the toxins in the shell of brown rice. which seems ironic to me because then the rice is somewhat "processed".

either way, I did find paleo was great for leaning up and being all around healthier. i'm rarely sick and i no longer have allergy issues. the hardest part about eating clean I think is eating enough to grow.

why are your squats staying at 135? I think you'll get a better response by increasing your squat weight. not just in strength and size but in hormonal response. moving heavy weight has serious advantages I believe.