Gain weight for meet

buntznastyfit

Awards
I have a powerlifting meet coming up in 5 weeks and I am lifting in the 198 weight class and currently I am sitting at around 185 so I'm looking to add that weight to maximize my potential. I was just wondering if you guys had suggestions on how to go about adding the weight? I'm 21 years old and working semi active jobs (one at my gym and the other retail). My workouts lately have contained mostly doubles as I'm prepping for my meet. On my off days I'll do some conditioning usually lunges for distance anywhere from 1/4-1 mile and usually strongman style stuff like sled pushes/pulls, tire flips, and keg tosses. Any advice is helpful!! Thank you!

Antwanog

Awards
Is this a serious question?

13 lbs is a lot of weight!
Nothing short of liver toxic superdrol puts that much lean mass on in 5 weeks

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
#1 drop conditioning until after the meet. Your main goal for the next couple weeks is to run yourself into the ground with weight and volume and then taper back on weight and volume heading into the meet. Conditioning will do nothing to improve your total in the short run, and as you try to dump fatigue, it will actually negatively affect your total. Pick it back up after the meet.

Next up is to go on a free for all on food. Just make sure to get enough protein But after that nothing is off limits and your quantities should be high as well. Probably not good to gain more than two pounds a week, though. Regardless, those ten pounds will be a tremendous help to your squat and bench, whether they are lean or not.