Help stop my weight freefall! Need easy food options.

TheJailer521

Awards
I'm running into the same problem I always do while training MMA in which I'm losing weight too fast.

I do heavy lifting (3x 8-10 rep range) 4x a week. And have recently added in 2-3 MMA classes as well as 2 Muay Thai classes at week.

When I was just lifting I was happy with my weight (I was 6 foot 212 lbs or so dry) now after a month of training I'm down to 205 (and it's noticeable to the point my wife is complaining I'm getting "Too skinny"), and knowing my body it will continue to free fall if I keep training at this rate.

I eat pretty clean, start every morning with a homemade weight gain shake, drink a gallon + of water a day, and eat small meals throughout the day. I also take 2 full rest days a week. I'm on the basic sups creatine/beta al/taurine/multi vites/protein. Unfortunately I am milk protein intolerant so adding in milk or whey is out of the question.

What easy/clean food can I add to my diet to stop the weight free fall? I really want to keep training but I am not willing to drop sub 200lbs to do so.

I was thinking of adding another "Shake" in during the day which put in Oats/toasted quinoa/avocado oil/peanut butter/honey/almond milk/protein to see if that makes a difference. I'm not good at cooking, and would prefer to drink my calories if possible.

Thanks for any and all advice.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I'm running into the same problem I always do while training MMA in which I'm losing weight too fast.

I do heavy lifting (3x 8-10 rep range) 4x a week. And have recently added in 2-3 MMA classes as well as 2 Muay Thai classes at week.

When I was just lifting I was happy with my weight (I was 6 foot 212 lbs or so dry) now after a month of training I'm down to 205 (and it's noticeable to the point my wife is complaining I'm getting "Too skinny"), and knowing my body it will continue to free fall if I keep training at this rate.

I eat pretty clean, start every morning with a homemade weight gain shake, drink a gallon + of water a day, and eat small meals throughout the day. I also take 2 full rest days a week. I'm on the basic sups creatine/beta al/taurine/multi vites/protein. Unfortunately I am milk protein intolerant so adding in milk or whey is out of the question.

What easy/clean food can I add to my diet to stop the weight free fall? I really want to keep training but I am not willing to drop sub 200lbs to do so.

I was thinking of adding another "Shake" in during the day which put in Oats/toasted quinoa/avocado oil/peanut butter/honey/almond milk/protein to see if that makes a difference. I'm not good at cooking, and would prefer to drink my calories if possible.

Thanks for any and all advice.
Adding another shake would be a good idea. Its hard getting enough calories with clean food when you expend that much energy. Im just starting a new job in which i work very hard lifting and carrying things 10+ hours a day 5 days a week and every other saturday and im having the same problem. Gotta get them calories in. This was my step stats from yesterday lol plus going to gym 1.5 hours. Puts my maintenance above 4500 calories. Probably closer to 5000

Attachments

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
More calories, and keep protein high so you're not shedding needed lean mass...

Red meat is easy, cook up a roast to last the week

kinetix

kinetix

Awards
Real food is going to do you better than a shake. But if you have to do a shake for time sake, add oats and two tablespoons of olive oil.

But I'd add in a bfast of 300g of egg whites, 4 to 6oz of turkey sausage with 2 packs of instant oatmeal.

Pack a couple of peanut butter sandwhiches that you can down pretty fast. 2 tbls of peanut butter per sandwhich.

Of course these would be added on top of your current intake. Good luck brother.