Easiest food

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
On a college budget and looking to bulk in summer. Going to get 3200 cals in 4 meals and not sure what to get food wise.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whole milk, eggs, peanut butter, vegetable oils -- that'll take care of extra fats.

Chicken breast, ground beef, tilapia -- protein.

Rice and whatever else you want for the carbs ;)

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Whole milk, eggs, peanut butter, vegetable oils -- that'll take care of extra fats.

What would be a 4 meal plan for 3000 cals ? Sorry but could use help

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
2 cup uncooked rice 1200cals roughly
1lb 97/3 ground turkey 680cals roughly
4 tbls PB 420cals roughly
whey protein x2 250-300cals roughly
coconut oil 2tbls 310cals roughly
large banana 100cals roughly

meal 1- 1 cup cooked rice, 8oz turkey, 1tbsp coconut oil
meal 2- protein shake, pb, 1/2 fruit
meal 3- 1 cup cooked rice, 8oz turkey, 1tbsp cocnut oil
meal 4- protein shake, pb, 1/2 fruit

CNPJamie

CNPJamie

Awards
Chili is literally the easiest thing on Earth to prepare and bulk on- all you need is a crock pot, a bowl, and a spoon. Add white rice to the chili after it's cooked and you can easily get all of the calories you want without putting on much fat at all.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Chili is literally the easiest thing on Earth to prepare and bulk on- all you need is a crock pot, a bowl, and a spoon. Add white rice to the chili after it's cooked and you can easily get all of the calories you want without putting on much fat at all.
unless youre like me and eat the whole pot in one sitting...

CNPJamie

CNPJamie

Awards
DAT BULK DOE. Nothing wrong with eating the whole pot in a sitting if you're bulking, bruh. Just means more gainz.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Chili is a great inexpensive bulking meal. I made tons of chili in college. I find it easier to keep a lower budget on a bulk than I do on a cut

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
On a college budget and looking to bulk in summer. Going to get 3200 cals in 4 meals and not sure what to get food wise.
If you want to step up your shakes, here is an easy & cheap way to do it…

• 1-2 cups of low fat milk - 200 calories (IMO you don’t need whole milk, you get plenty of fat from PB, your call)
• 1-2 frozen banana - 200 calories
• 25-50 grams of protein powder – Calories depends on the brand
• 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter - 200 calories
• ½ cut of oats – 75 calories

BOOM, you just made a homemade, clean, bulking shake @ 575-900 calories - Drink 2 a day and you will add 1150-1800 calories.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you want to step up your shakes, here is an easy & cheap way to do it…

• 1-2 cups of low fat milk - 200 calories (IMO you don’t need whole milk, you get plenty of fat from PB, your call)
• 1-2 frozen banana - 200 calories
• 25-50 grams of protein powder – Calories depends on the brand
• 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter - 200 calories
• ½ cut of oats – 75 calories

BOOM, you just made a homemade, clean, bulking shake @ 575-900 calories - Drink 2 a day and you will add 1150-1800 calories.
what is "clean" about it?

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
what is "clean" about it?
Everything in the shake is clean, except the protein powder, and depending on the brand, that could be as well.
Google clean bulk vs dirty bulk to see the difference.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently bulking, would love some tips on some good chili. Are you not worried about added sodium? Assuming you're adding canned chili to the mix.... I need a change up, so far it's been 80-90% clean but there's only so much chicken a guy can eat. Appreciate any tips! My crockpot is my go-to.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Currently bulking, would love some tips on some good chili. Are you not worried about added sodium? Assuming you're adding canned chili to the mix.... I need a change up, so far it's been 80-90% clean but there's only so much chicken a guy can eat. Appreciate any tips! My crockpot is my go-to.
You don't have to use the canned chili. I mean there is some sodium in the canned beans and seasonings you add to chili, but I don't see sodium as an issue at all. If you have a crock pot there are some awesome/easy crock pot chili recipes online. Just google it

jantios

jantios

Awards
If you can eat oatmeal, your as lucky as I am! Its very cheap, and I mix it in my shakes with milk. 50gr of oats per shake really adds up

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Soylent Green is pretty good for a bulk phase or a cut phase imo

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
If you can eat oatmeal, your as lucky as I am! Its very cheap, and I mix it in my shakes with milk. 50gr of oats per shake really adds up
Totally agree! Check out my shake recipe I post above, you will like it.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
1.5 cups of egg whites (Walmart brand pretty cheap) about 40g of protein 160 calories 1 cup of oatmeal 50g carbs 200 calories 1 cup whole milk 150 calories 8g protein 11g carbs 9g fat and one scoop of protein around 5g carbs 25g protein 1-2 f fat 130calories this shake will be 73g protein 61g carbs and 10g fat around 626 calories for breakfast and then 3 meals of 10oz chicken 65g protein 1 cup mixed veggies 10g carbs 1 cup rice 45g carbs 1 banana 20g carbs 1/2 cup avocado 11g fat 6g carbs and 1 scoop protein with water 25g protein about 2979 so far add in a pre workout snack like 2 rice cakes or a fruit and post workout protein shake and 12oz of Gatorade for the 30g post workout carbs and you should be good

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Also I promise this is no more then $50-75 a week depending on local grocery store pricing , I get my chicken 1.50 a lb and I eat the same stuff every day just vary amounts depending on goals sometimes I'll get sick of rice and switch for potatoes or even for short period of time veggie wraps, maybe switch bananas for apples right now I got a total of 6 meals and 2 snacks trying to bulk yet not paying more then 25-40 every 3-4 days

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Appreciate it brotha will definitely let everyone know how it goes

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beans- all colors, lentils and peas are great for bulking!
Side effect: Wife (Girlfriend) will not sleep in same bed anymore.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established

Yep. Milk is your friend here for sure. I went from 155lbs to 285lbs and milk has always been a staple. That with eggs and red meat and you should grow like a weed if you are pounding them all day.

AllTheGainz

Awards
Rice, pasta, eggs, chicken and beans. Also some of those McCormick seasoning bottle things. Pretty much all I eat in college because it's so damn expensive for anything else. Maybe the occasional ground beef at like 70/30 and you just cook it and drain off the fat. Also used to sneak into the school caff. and fill up an only milk jug with some of their milk...