Tips for increasing appetite?

• Thread starter Deleted member 238667
  • Start date

Deleted member 238667

I've always been a really skinny guy, and I've been (slowly) but steadily gaining weight. I've gained about 2-3 lbs a week for the past month. It's been mostly lean muscle gain. However, I've been doing this through a half liquid - half solid diet. Maybe even more liquid than solid. I've been using ON Serious Mass quite a bit. However, I've heard this is not optimal even though it seems to be working great for me. The reason it's working so well is because the Serious Mass shakes are easy to drink, convenient, and they don't fill me up much. I have a small appetite so it would be really hard for me to get it all from food. Can anyone give me suggestions (besides weed or GHRP) to increase my appetite to the point it's easier to eat mostly solid?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you lift, how often how long have you been lifting ?

muddertougher

muddertougher

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Eat smaller more frequent meals, it will make you go ape **** hungry

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ok, lets just use the following as an example and you need to stick with it. people think bulking is so f*ing easy to do. anyone who eats 5-8 times a day eating almost the same foods will tell you it isn't; including myself

you want to start putting on wgt and your going to change your diet 35 days from now. for the first week, you need to keep track of your intake, you don't have to get into major macro science here; not yet. Cal, Carb, Pro, Fat, the times you are eating and just little note on how you are sleeping feeling- mood, hunger satisfied. doesn't need to be a book of life, but more detailed the better you will be months from now.

this is absolutely critical to establishing your base/starting daily intake and will make more manageable to hit your target intake

after a good 7 days of keep track of what you have ingested, for the next 4 weeks you are going to increase the intake of all 4 cal, carb, pro and fats (I cant tell you how much because I don't know what you want to gain) every 3rd or 4th day.

the slow increase and maintenance will allow your body to adjust and in turn after a few weeks you wont be force eating, you will be supply eating.

the other point to mention and just as crucial as keeping notes, you need to focus on your routine as well- doing 6 sets of bench press at 8-15 reps with 4 other exercises will help to burn off more cals- stick to heavier wgts, lower wgts.

include casein and whey (fast and slow protein) at night and also think about Vitagro- genR8. its a carb and the only one with the patent- read up on it. unflavored added with a casein and whole milk at night, promise you will start to add on wgt.

out of 250-350 grams of your protein intake, no more than a 100 should come from liquid (350 is high and most likely going to piss and shyt it out but your just over flooding). you may also want to include protein in a peptide form after your workouts. wont taste as good but will flood the muscle faster.

its a pain in the azz - I know but the people you see with size on them got that way because they developed a plan that including more than doing biceps 6 times a week!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
smith_69 that is a great plan for adding mass and may help him quite a bit, however his question was on How To Increase Appetite.

I have heard that MK-677 does increase the appetite of some people.

Deleted member 238667

ok, lets just use the following as an example and you need to stick with it. people think bulking is so f*ing easy to do. anyone who eats 5-8 times a day eating almost the same foods will tell you it isn't; including myself

you want to start putting on wgt and your going to change your diet 35 days from now. for the first week, you need to keep track of your intake, you don't have to get into major macro science here; not yet. Cal, Carb, Pro, Fat, the times you are eating and just little note on how you are sleeping feeling- mood, hunger satisfied. doesn't need to be a book of life, but more detailed the better you will be months from now.

this is absolutely critical to establishing your base/starting daily intake and will make more manageable to hit your target intake

after a good 7 days of keep track of what you have ingested, for the next 4 weeks you are going to increase the intake of all 4 cal, carb, pro and fats (I cant tell you how much because I don't know what you want to gain) every 3rd or 4th day.

the slow increase and maintenance will allow your body to adjust and in turn after a few weeks you wont be force eating, you will be supply eating.

the other point to mention and just as crucial as keeping notes, you need to focus on your routine as well- doing 6 sets of bench press at 8-15 reps with 4 other exercises will help to burn off more cals- stick to heavier wgts, lower wgts.

include casein and whey (fast and slow protein) at night and also think about Vitagro- genR8. its a carb and the only one with the patent- read up on it. unflavored added with a casein and whole milk at night, promise you will start to add on wgt.

out of 250-350 grams of your protein intake, no more than a 100 should come from liquid (350 is high and most likely going to piss and shyt it out but your just over flooding). you may also want to include protein in a peptide form after your workouts. wont taste as good but will flood the muscle faster.

its a pain in the azz - I know but the people you see with size on them got that way because they developed a plan that including more than doing biceps 6 times a week!
That's awesome! Thank you so much!

Deleted member 238667

smith_69 that is a great plan for adding mass and may help him quite a bit, however his question was on How To Increase Appetite.

I have heard that MK-677 does increase the appetite of some people.
I've heard that too but I couldn't find enough information on MK-677 to know if it's okay for an 18 year old to take without shutdown.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
valid and true- my experience has been with the increase of cal load (as mentioned above) will help with the intake later on allowing the body to accept and then require the increase over a period vs flooding the body. adding a sup to help increase will work, but when the sup reaches its peak and it will, you are going back to square one if you haven't reached your primary goal.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've heard that too but I couldn't find enough information on MK-677 to know if it's okay for an 18 year old to take without shutdown.
yates84 what is your take on this !!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
imho- don't, even though everyone says its better (as far as risks than AAS) its the age thing. even a short cycle might not yield any results because of the hormones being produced in your body and at your age.

if you do decide to add anything, wait till you believe you hit your plateau, then add

Deleted member 238667

imho- don't, even though everyone says its better (as far as risks than AAS) its the age thing. even a short cycle might not yield any results because of the hormones being produced in your body and at your age.

if you do decide to add anything, wait till you believe you hit your plateau, then add
Yeah, I wasn't wanting to risk anything major. I haven't been able to find much about MK-677. Thank you!

muddertougher

muddertougher

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You'd be better off running osta or s-4, even stackin the two. With the research chemicals just be careful some seem promising but know body knows long term sides if any.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
2-3lbs a week? That's pretty damn good as it is.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I know it seems counterproductive BUT 15-20 minutes of cardio post workout can REALLY increase appetite. Also, there are many supplements marketed for appetite increase that work. A natural anabolic that definitely increases my appetite is Anabeta Elite. I thankfully have no problem with appetite but I know A lot of people who do.

As far as the weight gainer shakes go there is nothing wrong with that if you need the extra cals IMO. Just make sure you are eating as much whole food as you can. Sometimes if you are eating A lot a shake is all you can handle. Also think about throwing some added fruit/peanutbutter and your weight gain shake in a blender for added cals.

njphysique

Awards
I've always been a really skinny guy, and I've been (slowly) but steadily gaining weight. I've gained about 2-3 lbs a week for the past month. It's been mostly lean muscle gain. However, I've been doing this through a half liquid - half solid diet. Maybe even more liquid than solid. I've been using ON Serious Mass quite a bit. However, I've heard this is not optimal even though it seems to be working great for me. The reason it's working so well is because the Serious Mass shakes are easy to drink, convenient, and they don't fill me up much. I have a small appetite so it would be really hard for me to get it all from food. Can anyone give me suggestions (besides weed or GHRP) to increase my appetite to the point it's easier to eat mostly solid?
1. Space your meals out every 2 hours
2. Add in fats (olive oil and peanut butter) to increase calories - not in post workout meal though

DavidJl

Awards
Zinc is an important mineral for bodybuilders: it strengthens the immune system and stimulates the production of testosterone. The low zinc level is also associated with the poor appetite.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Lately i´ve seen some Dibencozide products for appetite increase.

Anyone knows if it really works?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Lately i´ve seen some Dibencozide products for appetite increase.

Anyone knows if it really works?
I looked at this several times before, but was not 100 % sure about it. It will help with protein synthesis so in theory, if you are lifting longer or doing some sort of cardio, then it should. Dose wise seems to depend and I guess this would depend more on the person.
NutraChem any thoughts on this

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
I looked at this several times before, but was not 100 % sure about it. It will help with protein synthesis so in theory, if you are lifting longer or doing some sort of cardio, then it should. Dose wise seems to depend and I guess this would depend more on the person.
NutraChem any thoughts on this
Maybe some day, i´ll try it. They aren´t expensive.

I always had a massive lack of appetite (i struggle to eat more than 2000kcal) and the only supplement i found effective so far was MK677 even only at 10mg. Particularly, the first weeks, hungry was insane. I was able to eat 3000kcal.

However, about a month ago, i found an sublingual Methylcobalamin spray (48.000%) i had forgotten and since it was recently outdated, i started to take it. I don´t know if it was from it or the result of being persistent in bulking (i started in that time too), but currently i´m able to eat like 2700/3000kcal. I know Methylcobalamin isn´t the same as Dibencozide but i think it´s closed related.

Sometimes i take Black Hole i bought long time ago, but i don´t like the feeling. It "works" but not really increasing hungry... More like an hypoglicemic feeling. Weakness, light dizziness and the need to eat, but not necessary hungry.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know CL has black hole and I have seen another called engorge. Both are made to help with appetite

ToughMech

Awards
I've had this issue before when increasing calories. If you slowly increase your calories over time your body should become adjusted to it. You may not be hungry at first but overtime your body may get used to it and your hunger should increase. It could take about 2 weeks (thats what it takes for me) and then I start to look forward to my next meal. Make sure your not getting too much fiber and do a combination of slow and fast digesting carbs. Eating some fast carbs/good quality should help increase hunger. In addition, like others have said eating 6 times a day helps. Try to eat all your meals around the same time everyday and stay consistent.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just look at food .... boom hungry !!

CallItKarma

CallItKarma

Awards
One of the main reasons I convince myself to do cardio while bulking is for the appetite stimulation. If I go swimming for an hour I end up feeling starving EVERY time!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm always starving !!

Deleted member 238667

Update: I ended up losing weight. Now I'm trying to down as much whole milk as I can during the day while I'm at work. Slowly gaining it back. I am interested in supplements to help though

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I need tips to boost appetite too. I'm on a cut, but it's been real hard to down any solid food. I'm trying to at least get appetite enough for 1-2 solid meals a day. I don't know why my appetite for whole foods gets so demolished on a cut. It could be due to low carbs + compounds I'm on + slight nausea, not too sure.

JP10

JP10

Awards
I need tips to boost appetite too. I'm on a cut, but it's been real hard to down any solid food. I'm trying to at least get appetite enough for 1-2 solid meals a day. I don't know why my appetite for whole foods gets so demolished on a cut. It could be due to low carbs + compounds I'm on + slight nausea, not too sure.
Weed will take care of the nausea an appetite lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Weed will take care of the nausea an appetite lol
Ha that's what I've been doing! But even still, I can't stomach a full meal after! It's gotten out of hand. I'm only cutting for another 6 weeks... but still, a liquid diet isn't too healthy.

Maybe I should switch to indica's for the greater appetite

JP10

JP10

Awards
Ha that's what I've been doing! But even still, I can't stomach a full meal after! It's gotten out of hand. I'm only cutting for another 6 weeks... but still, a liquid diet isn't too healthy.

Maybe I should switch to indica's for the greater appetite
Damn that rough lol, maybe just break your meals in half. Eat half, then an hour later finish it off. I mean as long as you are getting the nutrients it shouldn't really be a problem.

Cole Dreyer

Cole Dreyer

Awards
Desecated liver tabs can do wonders for an increase in appetite. They are fairly cheap too.

I also find some morning fasted cardio can do wonders for appetite for the rest of the day. A simple 20 minutes can really help people in my experience.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Desecated liver tabs can do wonders for an increase in appetite. They are fairly cheap too.

I also find some morning fasted cardio can do wonders for appetite for the rest of the day. A simple 20 minutes can really help people in my experience.
Awesome I've got a massive tub of liver tabs I haven't touched in ages. Gonna start today, will update next week. Going to boost my TUDCA intake too

Cole Dreyer

Cole Dreyer

Awards
Awesome I've got a massive tub of liver tabs I haven't touched in ages. Gonna start today, will update next week. Going to boost my TUDCA intake too
Start small with the liver tabs - they can make some ravenous in a hurry.

And why increase the tudca? Because of the liver tabs?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Start small with the liver tabs - they can make some ravenous in a hurry.

And why increase the tudca? Because of the liver tabs?
I'm on right now (epistane), orals always take a toll on my appetite

Cole Dreyer

Cole Dreyer

Awards
I'm on right now (epistane), orals always take a toll on my appetite

Ah gotcha, wise move. And yeah they certainly do that in some folks.

Start with the liver tabs and see how that goes. I would even add in the 20 minutes am fasted cardio too for the same reason. I find that when I implement that with myself or others that it helps appetite enough to where they can eat no problem but not to the point where they are starving.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I would try natural first. Increased hydration and low/medium intensity cardio. Liver tabs would be my next step. I'm not exactly sold on the idea of supplements that are meant to increase appetite. Haven't really heard many success stories from them.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My appetite is coming back after stopping the oral ps (epi), and taking 1G TUDCA daily, liv52, liver tabs. Still not 100% yet. Definitely has me rethinking about ever using orals again. I was totally fine in the past with them.

Deleted member 238667

Well, I'm now down to 155, I've been lifting more than ever and have seen major strength gains, especially on squat (all natty), but eating in the morning makes me want to vomit and if i wait too long to eat in the day, my appetite fades.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
My secret for weight gain with small appetite is simple. You like chocolate? Buy chocolate bars in BULK. Snap off one square , let it melt in your mouth while studying or working, reap the rewards of 200 to 1000 extra calories a day if you're consistent. It's small enough to take with you everywhere and it doesn't require an appetite to do.

Seriously, try it.

Also add maple syurp or chocolate syurp to your liquid meals . That's anywhere from 200 to 1500 calories extra if your consistent.

My last tip mimics the first. Don't forget to eat 'clean " or more healthy foods but don't be afraid to eat complete garbage.

If you're TRUELY someone who has a hard time gaining weight, you will probably need to eat SOME junk foods and that's not a bad thing. Stay away from pizza though. Depending on how it's prepared it can be "filling " especially thick crust.

Food and consistency will always beat supplements or drugs.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yup when my appetite sucks, I go for the junk food. Last time this happened to me, I managed to finish off my cycle with candy and protein shakes, and I was recomping. Worked pretty well actually, but not healthy at all lol

Deleted member 238667

Seems that cardio helps a little, but I don't want it to eat into my gains

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
Add dense calories I between meals. (Tbs spoons olive oil in juice in Am, teas, coffee, cereal...)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For extra olive oil, I just use a shot glass and then chase it down with a shake, etc.