New idea for high protein foods

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Well I work shift work and need some ideas for good to keep high protein foods in my diet. Getting bored of chicken and beef the same ole ways .. Just curious on reciepes

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Ground turkey tacos. I use taco seasoning packets and honestly it is 95% as good as beef that way and extra lean.

Throw in whatever else you like in you tacos to taste.

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
Beans... Eggs.... Peas.... Cheese... greek yogurt...cotage cheese...Lentils ... Tuna,,,,And nuts :D you can easyley make some decent meals from that.. And some fresh chilis to spice things up

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Meatloaf forever, lol

Learn to bake with your whey so its good on the go too ;)

jaces

jaces

Awards
try grilling your meat.. adds some more flavour,, and try other spices, chicken goes well with lemon juice,mixed herbs and bbq spice

clk

clk

Awards
Recently I have been using beans and lentils with rice. I cook it in my rice cooker. Turns out almost like chili. Beans are a good source of protein and carbs. However, they are not a complete protein and must be mixed with something else to add the rest of the amino acid chain.

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
My biggest deal is one at pretty Damn spot on.. I am a really easy gainer of fat.. So have to be ok point. I am trying to bulk and really not to just put on a lot of fat..I know it will happen with a bulk but really hard in am carb sensitive

clk

clk

Awards
Turkey burgers then. Low calorie and fat. But they are 33g protein per patty.

jmaplewood

Awards
One of my favorites is 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese, 1/3 cup whole oats, 1/2 cup frozen berries. I usually make this in the morning before work about 4:30 and by the time I eat it around 8 the berries have thawed, but it's still nice and cold, the oats soak up any extra liquid and soften over time.

And 1/2 - 1 oz almonds for good fats.

jmaplewood

Awards
Ground turkey tacos. I use taco seasoning packets and honestly it is 95% as good as beef that way and extra lean.

Throw in whatever else you like in you tacos to taste.
This. I use 99% lean turkey and add 1-2 tbsp Olive oil when cooking for some good fat and so it's not like eating sawdust . Also make your taco seasoning from your own spices. Way better than packets. Mixed with brown rice and some beans its almost like chili.

Pimp C0069

Awards
I recently got hip to Quinoa. It's a whole grain and a complete protein as it contains all 9 essential aminos. I like to mix in either soy sauce or terryaki and often dice up chicken breast to mix in with it. I'm sure you can easily find tons of quinoa recipes but it's something nice to add to break up the monotony. It's easy to cook too basically like cooking rice.

BounceBack

BounceBack

Awards
Easy delicious tacos.
1. Turkey burger
2. Chili powder
3. Olive oil
4. Ketchup

Cook a pound of turkey burger. After turkey burger is mostly cooked, us a light coating of chili powder over the turkey burger. A light to medium layer of ketchup over the turkey burger. 2-4tbsp of olive oil. Stir! Stir! Stir. (While on low heat/simmer). From here I suggest building tacos. Or if your looking to eat most of this in one sitting make a taco salad. (Hard shell tacos, lettuce, corn (trust me), salsa) diet pending: cheese, sour cream. I binge eat this about 6-10 days a month. Great protein. I'm a hard gainer/fast metabolism, so I can get away with the calories.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do shift work also. I keep bags of unsalted almonds or mixed muts at hand for a quick snack of heart healthy fats and protein. Even if I'm not hungry I can down two handfuls between meals for a protein boost.

Demination

Demination

Awards
Easy delicious tacos.
1. Turkey burger
2. Chili powder
3. Olive oil
4. Ketchup

Cook a pound of turkey burger. After turkey burger is mostly cooked, us a light coating of chili powder over the turkey burger. A light to medium layer of ketchup over the turkey burger. 2-4tbsp of olive oil. Stir! Stir! Stir. (While on low heat/simmer). From here I suggest building tacos. Or if your looking to eat most of this in one sitting make a taco salad. (Hard shell tacos, lettuce, corn (trust me), salsa) diet pending: cheese, sour cream. I binge eat this about 6-10 days a month. Great protein. I'm a hard gainer/fast metabolism, so I can get away with the calories.

Sounds amazing! I Love mango salsa so i always toss some of that in there! Thanks for the recipe, def going to try it out!

Demination

Demination

Awards
For this bulk i increased red meat to about twice a week! Burgers, tacos.. yummy!!!

mbell4377

mbell4377

Awards
Beef jerky, almonds, protein shakes, pumpkin seeds etc....

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use a 6 quart Crock-pot, tossing in a whole chicken, or huge piece of meat, together with some veggies and home made mango Chutney.
Let it cook the whole night and have enough protein for 2 days next morning.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right now in HG's Crock-Pot:

meatmango.jpg

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Nice man good idea. Been eating steaks and Turkey burger with no bread... Trying hard to gain size. I still don't see it tho...

Cutty636

Cutty636

Awards
Penzeys spices! The right spices can make anything taste good...

Cutty636

Cutty636

Awards
Great store and products, so long as you don't mind a liberal agenda with your lemon pepper and sage
Not sure about their agenda, I don't get into politics but I have a mother-in-law that sends me their spices frequently. Czar dust makes some great grilled chicken

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
I am with you-good stuff. Bill Penzey hasn't made many friends in my neck of the woods, however, for calling those in my county ignorant bigots for voting Republican

fakeazzrock

Awards
Hemp seed is pretty efficient to add to items like a protein shake, oatmeal, etc. too. I believe the hemp I grab from Whole Foods is 2T serving size. 170 cals, 10g protein, 11g fat, 3g carb.