Bulk help

jordan_c

Awards
For the past month and a half-2 months I have been consistently eating

250-275p
450-500c
90-100f

I'm 6'1" about 196-197

in a perfect world I'd love to b 210-215 by February but, having trouble gaining weight STILL, but continue to train and eat like this, is it simply a time thing or is there something else I can do, the only supplement I take I creatine mono

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has your weight been increasing? If not get more calories in (I'd probably add more fats in if you need more).

jordan_c

Awards
Has your weight been increasing? If not get more calories in (I'd probably add more fats in if you need more).
slightly not as much as I'd like which makes me think it's just time,but I'm always for more peanut butter so I'll add more fats, i just want to be big

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
How much is your weight increasing at this point? Without the use of anabolics I try to only look for maybe 1/2 a pound gain a week, if you're gaining exponentially there's a high chance that you're just gaining fat weight

jaces

jaces

Awards
maybe try eating more on your hardest days of trainning..e.g. on leg day eat 300-500cals more..what does your trainning program look like?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
If you have stalled out on gains despite calorie increases then it may be time to look at switching up your lifting program to generate new stimuli for those muscles.

jaces

jaces

Awards
If you have stalled out on gains despite calorie increases then it may be time to look at switching up your lifting program to generate new stimuli for those muscles.
a very good idee.. just change workout order or exercise order..

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
maybe try eating more on your hardest days of trainning..e.g. on leg day eat 300-500cals more..what does your trainning program look like?
Why would you increase food on days of hard training, instead of the day after hard training when your body is trying to recover and repair the muscle and you're experiencing an afterburn effect? There's a reason bodybuilders carb up in the days leading up to their show, and not try to slam 1000g of carbs the morning of

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
a very good idee.. just change workout order or exercise order..
Variants I would try that may yield the best results:

1. Substitute exercises (i.e. if you do DB press all the time, try Barbell instead)
2. Increase TUT (time under tension)
3. Vary your speed of motion (i.e. maybe explosive with slow eccentric returns)

Or a completely new program. I like a modified PHAT program right now.

jaces

jaces

Awards
Variants I would try that may yield the best results:

1. Substitute exercises (i.e. if you do DB press all the time, try Barbell instead)
2. Increase TUT (time under tension)
3. Vary your speed of motion (i.e. maybe explosive with slow eccentric returns)

Or a completely new program. I like a modified PHAT program right now.
love PHAT.. one of the best programs ive done

jaces

jaces

Awards
Why would you increase food on days of hard training, instead of the day after hard training when your body is trying to recover and repair the muscle and you're experiencing an afterburn effect? There's a reason bodybuilders carb up in the days leading up to their show, and not try to slam 1000g of carbs the morning of
he wil still be eating a surplus the next day but buy eating more on the hardest day of trainning you wil spare glycogen and have more energy to train.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
he wil still be eating a surplus the next day but buy eating more on the hardest day of trainning you wil spare glycogen and have more energy to train.
Once your glycogen stores are full to begin with anything else really is going to turn to glucose and be stored as fat in the body. You're not giving yourself "more glycogen" being stored in the muscle, once you empty your glycogen stores your body will feed for another source of energy, that being your stored body fat or muscle, in most cases your body will opt for the muscle as its next fuel source if you're doing intense training since its an easier mechanism to break down muscle tissue for the amino acids than it is to take your fat stores and concert it into glucose for your body to run off of. A bcaa or carb product pre or intra workout can offset it due to how rapidly they're digested and utilized by the body, but in no way will eating more a couple hours before your workout legitimately improve things. Placebo maybe, but in reality no. Your body just can't break down and assimilate real food at that rapid of a rate

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
No? Lol can you read? Eating a more food than normal on that day of training is not going to effect the training session I don't know what you're not grasping about this I felt I broke it down pretty well

jaces

jaces

Awards
you stated that carbs intra or pre workout would help with catabolism,so by using your theory this would not work because he has to consume the carbs or exces cals the next day..thus if he were to eat more before the workout the body will have enough glucose in the blood to avoid catabolism and a few high carb meals after that would replenish glycogen

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
Clearly you have no knowledge on how the body works and how solid foods digest and are utilized as compared to a high molecular weight, low osmalality peri workout carb powder or bcaa so I don't believe you're fit to offer op advice on this matter tbh. It is 2 completely different things, whole solid foods do not assimilate in the body anywhere near the same time frame as a carb powder or bcaa product

jaces

jaces

Awards
did i say anything about digestion rate or emptying rate of food vs supplements? no, the timing of the food would be of importence yes,but food wil still be beter than any carb or protein powder

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
That's what i was trying to say before! Dude like you're talking in circles lol if its gonna be a hard training session tomorrow, eat more tonight, or eat more the day after. For the sake of how solid foods digest and assimilate that is the optimal way to do it. Load on the extra carbs or fats the night before, you don't just eat 1 meal and within an hour or two your glycogen stores are full it takes time. And for the sake of gaining, the afterburn effect from intense training will burn a more excess of calories the day following so eat a bit extra to make up for that deficit