Sugary foods while bulking...

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
What is everyone's view on eating sugary foods for at least some meals (aside from PWO) while bulking?

On the plus side, insulin is very anabolic and sugary foods spike insulin.

On the negative side, sugar is rather unhealthy and may add needless amounts of bodyfat.

Do you add sugary foods while bulking?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sugar doesn't add bodyfat. Calories do and fat gain is very anabolic.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Thanks for the non-answer.

My question for anyone who wants to contribute to something besides sarcasm is:

In your experience bulking, has eating sugar-containing foods helped because of the increased insulin, or do you just tend to put on more bodyfat without much benefit to muscle growth.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the non-answer.

My question for anyone who wants to contribute to something besides sarcasm is:

In your experience bulking, has eating sugar-containing foods helped because of the increased insulin, or do you just tend to put on more bodyfat without much benefit to muscle growth.
As long as your getting enough fats, enough protein and not eating like TOTAL **** then you should be fine. If your calorie surplus is too large you will put on bodyfat faster even if the excess is fats or protien.

I don't believe you can manipulate insulin enough without drugs to induce extra growth unless you go from 20%+ bodyfat to single digits. That will actually have a pretty big effect via insulin sensitivity.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
I was thinking the extra insulin stimulation might be helpful for gainz, however after even just two days my muscles were flatter and I didn't feel as good, which says to me it isn't worth it, plus of course, unhealthy and more fattening.

jaces

jaces

Awards
insulin needs to be spiked at the right time to be anabolic towards muscle and not fat..

max d

Awards
  • Established
Sugar makes you fat but if you eat a ton of "clean" foods everything you eat will turn to muscle. I saw it on BodyBuilding.com so it must be true...

jaces

jaces

Awards
but yes you can eat some sugary foods after a workout..but it all depends on of your body will react to carbs.. if your body doesnt react to clean food then adding some ''junk'' might be good

jaces

jaces

Awards
sometimes the best way to answer a question is not to ask other people(mostly because most are ignorent asses) but rather test your own hipothesis and see if it works or not.. but just like any other study you need to set a method and variables so that irs as accurate as can be

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
If you really want something sugary for insulin, drink a Powerade after you workout. That'll spike your insulin. (Srs)

Danus

Danus

Awards
It's fine to consume sugary foods throughout the day, you won't be storing extra fat because of it. However you should focus on foods that help fuel your performance and allow for your best workouts.
Consuming a lot of sugar before bed or throughout the day may leave you feeling like **** and result in sub par workouts. So then your left in a calorie surplus with sub par workouts not stimulating any muscular adaptations and therefore just adding fat week to week.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i sqeeze sugar in once or twice a week even when cutting with no problems. Only way to know is to try it yourself and track everything. Not like you will wake up fat one day.

jaces

jaces

Awards
i stay away from sugar and dessert type of foods.. when you eat simple sugars and high GI foods it wil make you crave those so your dieting wil be harder, just decide to leave them out completely