Question about fats on a cycle? testosterone/hormone question.

X

xevilx

Awards
i know the consumption of fats has an impact on test/hormone levels naturally but what about on a cycle of test and other things? Do you need to really keep fats high since your test levels are through the roof? Typical low fat diet would be 20% from fats and I've had good progress cutting with that naturally but what about lowering it more when on a cycle? I was thinking 10-15% coming from fats then filling in the rest with carbs(mostly carbs).
So basically on a starting macro at 2600 cals having fats between 30-40grams, carbs between 280-300, and protein between 270-300.
Ive heard mixed things about having protein at 2x bodyweight numbers so I'm still not sure on that. Ive searched around and haven't found much info on changing different macros for on cycles.

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Protein is way to high unless you weigh 270-300 pounds.

Run your macros at 30% protein, 25-30% fats, 40-45% carbs, regardless of cycling or not. If you eat to much protein your body could use protein as secondary energy source rather than fats: that's a no no for gains.

X

xevilx

Awards
so no higher protein on a cycle like I've heard from the majority of people? Ive kept protein to 1.5 for cutting but lower it when I'm in calorie surplus. I was more curious about the fats and how they affect testosterone. Why have fats high if your supplementing test? I like keeping fats to 20% naturally.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Remember that with exogenous hormonal supplementation, our bodies will get better at stimulating MPS as well as increase phosphocreatine stores. Typically thats why people promote a higher protein intake.

X

xevilx

Awards
Remember that with exogenous hormonal supplementation, our bodies will get better at stimulating MPS as well as increase phosphocreatine stores. Typically thats why people promote a higher protein intake.
any take on fats? id rather keep fats low as possible and have high carb high protein

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
any take on fats? id rather keep fats low as possible and have high carb high protein
Remember that fats have much more beneficial properties than simply increases test levels. They have a cascade of beneficial hormonal, protective, and health properties.

Obviously if your prepping you need to cut calories from somewhere which depends upon which macronutrient you personally benefit from the least.

If you respond better to lower fat/higher carb diets then go for it. We all respond differently ya know

X

xevilx

Awards
I've had good progress naturally keeping fats at 20% I just don't know if lowering it to 15% while on a cycle to increase my overall carbs and protein would be better. Not super lower and I'm getting high potency fish oil caps abs extra dha. I wouldn't lower it under 10 I think I'll do fine with lowering a tad on a big bulking diet

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I've had good progress naturally keeping fats at 20% I just don't know if lowering it to 15% while on a cycle to increase my overall carbs and protein would be better. Not super lower and I'm getting high potency fish oil caps abs extra dha. I wouldn't lower it under 10 I think I'll do fine with lowering a tad on a big bulking diet
I personally wouldnt lower below 20%…only if your weeks out from a show and need it for the stage but long term low fat intake is going to hinder you

X

xevilx

Awards
I personally wouldnt lower below 20%…only if your weeks out from a show and need it for the stage but long term low fat intake is going to hinder you
im lowering fats to 15-17% or so nothing drastic and i will still be getting plenty of omega 3's and extra dha. haven't done a big bulk in a few years now. I'm starting out at 7% bodyfat and trying to put on a decent 15-25 pounds in 3 months.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
im lowering fats to 15-17% or so nothing drastic and i will still be getting plenty of omega 3's and extra dha. haven't done a big bulk in a few years now. I'm starting out at 7% bodyfat and trying to put on a decent 15-25 pounds in 3 months.
Whats your caloric intake/macronutrients at? Training program? Supplementation?