Home Made Weightgainers

zpalrangi13

zpalrangi13

Awards
Hey guys trying to save some money. Any suggestions on any homemade weight gainers that taste great?

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
Put in a blender:
80 gram oatmeal (242 cal)
90 gram maltodextrin (342 cal)
37 gram whey protein (146 cal)
1 banana (105 cal)
2 tblsp (15ml) olive oil (239 cal)

Total 1074 cal

Add stuff like walnuts, peanut butter or fruit if you want :)

Methylated88

Awards
Put in a blender:
80 gram oatmeal (242 cal)
90 gram maltodextrin (342 cal)
37 gram whey protein (146 cal)
1 banana (105 cal)
2 tblsp (15ml) olive oil (239 cal)

Total 1074 cal

Add stuff like walnuts, peanut butter or fruit if you want :)
Looks like my old gainer. However I would caution taking this except around workouts.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Put whatever you want in it that fits your macros. A homemade one is customizable to you.

For carbs: fruit, veggies, carbs, cooked sweet potato

Protein: protein powder, milk

Fats: nut butters, coconut oil, olive oil, whole nuts, avocado

Methylated88

Awards
Remember, milk has 12g carbs per 8oz serving. Regardless of skim, 1%, 2%, or d.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Whole milk chocolate milk,oats,peanut butter frozen Greek vanilla ice cream banana and ice

jaces

jaces

Awards
my friends use to make sweet potato batter and just and more milk and use that as a shakke with some protein powder

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hey guys trying to save some money. Any suggestions on any homemade weight gainers that taste great?
Home made is the only way to do a gainer anyways,
More natural ingredients that are real and fresh and better tasting.

Whey protein as a base and add carbs and fats to suit your macros,

AllaboutGains

AllaboutGains

Awards
2% milk 16-24 oz, 2 scoops whey isolate, banana, 3 huge tablespoons peanut butter, cup or 2 of oatmeal, chocolate syrup, and a scoop of creatine mono. Kinda more of a weight gain sludge in my experience but worked great for football weight.

jaces

jaces

Awards
2% milk 16-24 oz, 2 scoops whey isolate, banana, 3 huge tablespoons peanut butter, cup or 2 of oatmeal, chocolate syrup, and a scoop of creatine mono. Kinda more of a weight gain sludge in my experience but worked great for football weight.
that sounds amazing

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
my friends use to make sweet potato batter and just and more milk and use that as a shakke with some protein powder
That kinda sounds delicious. Especially if one were to add in some cinnamon.

HeizzMP

HeizzMP

Awards
Literally ANYTHING OP!

Glad to see you're looking at making your own as opposed to purchasing a gainer. My homemade gainers usually consist of a lot of peanut butter, milk, oats, and sometimes a banana or two.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My 17 year old son has trouble with eating. We train together.
I give him half a cup of virgin coconut oil per day, that's 1600 kcal. Now he is growing fast.
The taste is not as great as you may think, I have to stay beside him to make sure he drinks it.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
My 17 year old son has trouble with eating. We train together.
I give him half a cup of virgin coconut oil per day, that's 1600 kcal. Now he is growing fast.
The taste is not as great as you may think, I have to stay beside him to make sure he drinks it.
Seriously? How bad is his eating problems that he has to drink olive oil? That sounds horrible

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously? How bad is his eating problems that he has to drink olive oil? That sounds horrible
It's not olive oil, lol.
Coconut oil is an interesting compound, look it up. He is 6'0 tall and weights now 147 lbs, before 135 lbs. He simply does not eat enough food and when he does, it's crap like pizza.
We write everything down to keep track and he has problems with the amounts necessary to gain mass.
Since he is taking the coconut oil, he gained some pounds and he is looking really good for his weight, guessing he is at 12-13% Bf.

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
Coconut oil is tasty. I don't know if I would drink half a cup though. Look: chocolate milk/banana/whey/peanut butter. Blend it. Profit.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coconut oil is tasty. I don't know if I would drink half a cup though. Look: chocolate milk/banana/whey/peanut butter. Blend it. Profit.
Add the coconut oil to this for a super growth shake!

Thelux14

Awards
i make that as my main carb source every day. other than white rice. i peel sweet potatos , boil them till there soft food processor and then mix in a ton of cinni.. and put it in the fridge.. as it is cold tastes like pumpkin pie.. add pumpkin pie spice and it tastes exactly like a slice of pie.. try it. youll be addicted in about an hr.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cake and ice cream will make you gain weight like a mofo

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like throwing spinach in mine to add some vegetables.

AllaboutGains

AllaboutGains

Awards
I like throwing spinach in mine to add some vegetables.
I just started doing this and like it. I was skeptical forever thinking it would make it taste green.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nah man the spinach you can't taste. I tricked my wife with that, especially if you throw some blueberries in there. I like almonds and peanut butter, spinach, blueberries, flax seed oil. I mix it up a lot on what I put in there. Try some kale or broccoli

AllaboutGains

AllaboutGains

Awards
Nah man the spinach you can't taste. I tricked my wife with that, especially if you throw some blueberries in there. I like almonds and peanut butter, spinach, blueberries, flax seed oil. I mix it up a lot on what I put in there. Try some kale or broccoli
I am glad I finally realized that. I was thinking about trying broccoli. I am considering carrots as well but I think the carrots might change the taste a little. But when I blend stuff up I generally put in so much PB it probably wouldn't matter. I love peanut butter.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ive been starting with two scoops of protein and then going with peanut butter. From there ive added whole milk, banana and granola. Ive been thinking of using coconut milk as well. I think im def responding better to these than i ever did to a weightgainer

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Love peanut butter in mine. This is what I had last night. I put blueberries or strawberries. Sometimes granola or oats.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443636335.532392.jpg

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I make a generously filled peanut butter and nutella sandwich with the freshest multigrain bread I can find.

My goto liquid version is a protein shake with a big spoonful of oatmeal in it and a handful of berries blitzed up.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
I do like a cup of blueberries , 2 cups of whey , half cup oats, 3 tbsp peanut butter and 2 cups Miilk , 3tbsp flax seed ,add a little ice and water , comes out to like 1,000-1,2000 Cals

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 Scoops Whey Protein
1.5 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Walnuts
1.5 Cups Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
100gr oatmeal
1 banana
3 whole eggs
1 scoop chocolate whey
2 spoons peanut butter
5 dl milk.
This tastes great!

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
100gr oatmeal
1 banana
3 whole eggs
1 scoop chocolate whey
2 spoons peanut butter
5 dl milk.
This tastes great!
Did this with two eggs, blueberries and spinach this morning

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, I'll throw that in the mix, just because you recommended it man:)
It just full of vitamins, and you won't taste it in a basic shake but with those blueberries and peanut butter your not gonna taste much else.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great thread! I was just saying how I was struggling to get all the calories in I wanted. There are some good tasting ideas in here for sure

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
It just full of vitamins, and you won't taste it in a basic shake but with those blueberries and peanut butter your not gonna taste much else.
I strongly recommend mulberries too. Both for taste and vitamins. Check it out:)
And yes, blueberries were great.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love the recipes in here as I have a hard time getting calories I need to meet targets. I'd drop the raw eggs though due to salmonella scare.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Love the recipes in here as I have a hard time getting calories I need to meet targets. I'd drop the raw eggs though due to salmonella scare.
I used to do raw eggs but my wife would get mad, so now at the beginning of the week I hard boil 18 eggs. I'll throw a few in my shakes here and there

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to do raw eggs but my wife would get mad, so now at the beginning of the week I hard boil 18 eggs. I'll throw a few in my shakes here and there
Great idea! Thought Rocky Balboa was in this thread for a minute! Thank God for our wives! Lol

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
The risk of salmonella from eggs is really low but it's one of those things were you can eat 100 eggs and be fine but the 101st egg is the one that gets ya . Better off using just liquid egg whites

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
I'm still using raw eggs for my shakes. Have no plans getting salmonella anyway, so if it gets into one of my eggs, I'll just not receive it.
Cooked eggs is terrible in shakes, so I'll just take my chances. :)

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully it's less chance of salmonella in norwegian eggs?