Protein

P

Phelan15

Awards
What kind of protein would be the best for bulking?I'm willing to try different brands

jaces

jaces

Awards
well protein is protein but it depends on your diet and macros

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Best nasty bulking idea ever:
1 gallon whole milk per day
1 pound of 96/4 beef
Whatever else you want.

Don't even worry about protein powder.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
^^^ This. Chocolate milk is a favourite for me. It doesn't matter what you use, only difference is the macro breakdown.

I.e-
Turkey- high protein, low fat, low carbs
Milk- moderate protein, higher fat, higher carbs

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
What kind of protein would be the best for bulking?I'm willing to try different brands
The specific kind is of less importance, though I will say the amino profile for non meat protein sources (beans, rice, soy, etc) is not as favorable as meat/eggs/dairy would be.

If you are focusing on whole foods you'll want to find some healthy options such as:

MEATS:

All white meat ground turkey
Bison or Buffalo
Eye of the Round Steak
Lean pork
Skinless white chicken
Fresh sliced meat with NO nitrates
- Turkey
- Ham
- Roast beef
- Chicken

FISH

Cod
Flounder
Haddock
Halibut
Herring
Salmon
Sea bass
Snapper
Trout
Tuna
Mahi Mahi
Tilapia

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I can hit my protein macros easier with fish. White fish being the easiest for me to consume. When I need fats I down a ton of peanut butter at night + add EFAs on my rice. Eating steak & chicken keeps me full longer so in the end I tend to eat lesser when I eat them.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Steak all day. People say a protein is a protein but I have to disagree. Recover and performance go up with red meat, especially steak. Its also packed with nutrients, its a superfood. Saying that though since we eat 4-6 meals per day you'll be eating mixed anyway just try make sure steak is in 1-2 of those meals.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Steak all day. People say a protein is a protein but I have to disagree. Recover and performance go up with red meat, especially steak. Its also packed with nutrients, its a superfood. Saying that though since we eat 4-6 meals per day you'll be eating mixed anyway just try make sure steak is in 1-2 of those meals.
Whole eggs man. I'd have to throw those into the "super food" category as far as proteins go as well.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
100% iseo whey and/or iso rice protein. nvm the brand. get 100% and low in added crap and whats best price IMO i use truenutrition personally, but nutraplanet and a couple other places have some good selection.
i rec a smoothy ed with it.
somethng like:
in blender-
1 banana
hand full frozen berries
2-3 tbs nut butter
3 scoops protein
1 scoop oatmeal
1-2tbs honey or chocolate syrup
fill with milk or water and blend up. 2 servings IMO

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
+1 on whole eggs, red meat as much as I try to avoid it you'll end up eating it. Why? Cause if you eat 5-6x a day you're bound to eat all types of meat anyways :)

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Whole eggs man. I'd have to throw those into the "super food" category as far as proteins go as well.
Deffo good but a bit overrated IMO (for mass building that is.... better when cutting if we're being fussy). I might put whole milk next to steak personally as couple others have said.

L

liv2pb

Awards
I scoop pes select/1 cup oat flour/1 cup almond flour=gainz

jaces

jaces

Awards
yes its fine but get it from other things like butter and so because you wil miss out on some fat soluble vitamins

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yes its fine but get it from other things like butter and so because you wil miss out on some fat soluble vitamins
Are you saying that butter is "good" fat?!?

Wtf?! I've been eating all wrong...

jaces

jaces

Awards
Are you saying that butter is "good" fat?!?

Wtf?! I've been eating all wrong...
butter is a lot better then olive oil and so plus there isnt realy a thing as ''bad'' fat its how much of a thing you consume is what makes it bad

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
butter is a lot better then olive oil and so plus there isnt realy a thing as ''bad'' fat its how much of a thing you consume is what makes it bad
Are you just freakin' trolling?!

Do you mean butter is a lot better than olive oil while mast*rbating?!

Whhhhhhhhhuh?!? (closest thing I could find to butter)

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I actually have to agree with him. The saturated fats are very good for hormone production. The key with butter is moderation.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually have to agree with him. The saturated fats are very good for hormone production. The key with butter is moderation.
Hmmm... Is that why I can't get pregnant? ?**

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Are you just freakin' trolling?! Do you mean butter is a lot better than olive oil while mast*rbating?! Whhhhhhhhhuh?!? (closest thing I could find to butter)
Puccah, you gotta remember that this is the same guy in the other thread who said that full body training was useless. He's an interesting fellow with a realm of knowledge we just don't understand yet!

jaces

jaces

Awards
Puccah, you gotta remember that this is the same guy in the other thread who said that full body training was useless. He's an interesting fellow with a realm of knowledge we just don't understand yet!
1. i did not say it was useless and 2. im surprised that your memory out performs your knowledge and IQ , so educate me in why olive oil is so good for a *** like you?

jaces

jaces

Awards

clearly you are using your olive oil in the wrong place , your food must taste like ****ing cherry durex

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
TRANS FAT........NOT GOOD FOR YOU!!! TRANS FAT='BAD FAT'

jaces

jaces

Awards
TRANS FAT........NOT GOOD FOR YOU!!! TRANS FAT='BAD FAT'
i will agree but you dont get what im saying people make a huge deal out of what fats are good bad and evil but by just eating some of every sort isnt going to hurt or kill you

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
clearly you are using your olive oil in the wrong place , your food must taste like ****ing cherry durex
Nah, taste like f*ckin' deliciousness because I don't slather butter all over it.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its the misconception that saturated fats are bad but they aren't. Only bad fat is trans fat. The key with any fat is moderation because its really easy to use fat and go over on your macros.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Funny enough, I have a friend who was a pro athlete at a small school. They didn't get much support (aside from a couple meals here and there). Dude bulked by drinking 2 gallons of chocolate milk a day, seriously. He'd pay for 2 meals a day at the cafeteria, eat food and then walk out with a gallon jug of chocolate milk.

jaces

jaces

Awards
Funny enough, I have a friend who was a pro athlete at a small school. They didn't get much support (aside from a couple meals here and there). Dude bulked by drinking 2 gallons of chocolate milk a day, seriously. He'd pay for 2 meals a day at the cafeteria, eat food and then walk out with a gallon jug of chocolate milk.
whole milk is like the miracle child of food along with eggs

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome. Way back in college I did the same thing. Except I wasn't so bold as to fill up a whole gallon at a time lol.

I used empty 20oz water bottles.

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
I use both coconut oil and grass-fed butter (kerrygold). The more options we have available the better. Olive oil is also good as is macadamia nut oil. Fat will keep you lean ;)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh, I almost forgot about the "more higher MCT content."

I'm so glad there are so many great nutritionists ITT. Otherwise, who knows what could happen.

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, I almost forgot about the "more higher MCT content."

I'm so glad there are so many great nutritionists ITT. Otherwise, who knows what could happen.
Why ask if you dont want an answer?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why ask if you dont want an answer?
You must be new here.

I'm attempting to get people to think critically about the things they don't eat, and for what reasons.

I can do this by comparing the nutrition labels of foods that are generally considered to be "more healthy" than other foods but have similar nutrition facts.

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
You must be new here.

I'm attempting to get people to think critically about the things they don't eat, and for what reasons.

I can do this by comparing the nutrition labels of foods that are generally considered to be "more healthy" than other foods but have similar nutrition facts.
Wtf has that got to do with anything? Don't try to school me young'un.

Also, you think nutrition labels say everything about if a product is healthy? It's not all about macros.

Your post makes no sense.

jaces

jaces

Awards

Also, you think nutrition labels say everything about if a product is healthy? It's not all about macros.

i agree here and it doesnt mean if something is good a lot of it is beter

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I'd be interested in hearing your reasons as to why butter is unhealthy and should not be eaten.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smart kid.

jaces

jaces

Awards
Who said it did?
thats the point im trying to make with butter .. butter has its own benefits over plant based oils and margerines but by eating a lot of it you turn a good thing into something bad and remember a food label doesnt give you al the nutrients and so and it also doesnt describe what happens when you heat that oil up or what it does when it arrives in your stomach,for example yoghurt, yes it may seem just like milk in caloric value or so but it has good bacteria in it that is good for your gut and so but it is not put on the label so labels are great but research and experience are also a big part in food selection

jaces

jaces

Awards
His post made so much more sense than any of your insane run-on sentences
should i use small words so you can understand?? if you dont like the forum then leave it,you have given no info or help here anyway

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Smaller words wouldn't help. Punctuation cures the runs.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
should i use small words so you can understand?? if you dont like the forum then leave it,you have given no info or help here anyway
It's not the words, man, it's the fact that reading what you type is about as hard to piece together as my kindergartener's "storybooks" that she brings home once a week. I'm not telling you your advice sucks, because everyone has varying opinions(which you don't seem to understand). I'm just saying, please focus on making your posts actually legible.