Carbssssss!!!

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Hi there guys, latelty im really surprised with reaearch of my daily carbs intake
It said that i should eat 338 grams of carbs ED
My question is, should i eat lets say 338 grams from total weight grams of brown rice or i should REALLY eat 338 grams only from brown rice carbs
If i should eat 338 grams of carbs not the total weight of the rice, that is A LOT OF RICE I SHOULD EAT EVERY SINGLE DAY
Need help so much here
Thanks

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Maintaining weight and reduce fat.
Im currently at 163 lbs, 5'.8.5", 18%-20% BF, doing weight lifting 1-2 hours a day, lot of walking activity through the day

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Maintaining weight and reduce fat.
Im currently at 163 lbs, 5'.8.5", 18%-20% BF, doing weight lifting 1-2 hours a day, lot of walking activity through the day
Not bad how is it going for you ?

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Well, im kinda think that the amount of carbs i should eat its a lot, it makes me over indulge all day long, lol.. Im afraid its bad for my daily diet and goals

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Well, im kinda think that the amount of carbs i should eat its a lot, it makes me over indulge all day long, lol.. Im afraid its bad for my daily diet and goals
Are you able to split up into 6 meals ?

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
At 7am or 8am i eat my breakfast (200 grams oats, 1 scoop whey protein, 1 large banana), 10am snack with 1 slice wheat bread with butter jam, and have 200 grams of brown rice, 300 grams of chicken breast and 250 grams of tempeh spreads 3 times meal through out the day

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
That 200 grams of brown rice (its red rice actually here) alone is a looot, lol

jaces

jaces

Awards
ok no dont confuse macronutrient weight with the weight of the food.. the weight they gave you is your macronutrient weight(carbs)

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
He's confused. 250g of rice in weight is only about 50g of carbs. If you want to hit your 350g of carb nutrient you need ~7 cups of rice.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Over indulge... You are so lost I dnt knw where to start.

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want to shred up then I'd drop some of those carbs.
Once I'm done with my keto diet I will keep carbs under 150grams a day.

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Over indulge... You are so lost I dnt knw where to start.
How much is the weight 7 cups of rice actually? I guess its about 500 grams more or less right?
If you want to shred up then I'd drop some of those carbs.
Once I'm done with my keto diet I will keep carbs under 150grams a day.
So if i keep carbs under 150 grams a day so i have to bump up my protein and fat intake to make my daily calories fine?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
How much is the weight 7 cups of rice actually? I guess its about 500 grams more or less right?

So if i keep carbs under 150 grams a day so i have to bump up my protein and fat intake to make my daily calories fine?
I already mentioned the weight on my previous comment. And your second question, really? Lets use some common sense pls.

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
He's confused. 250g of rice in weight is only about 50g of carbs. If you want to hit your 350g of carb nutrient you need ~7 cups of rice.
Im still confuse how to finish 7 cups of rice in one day. And no, you didnt mention how much 7 cup is in grams, google say that 1 cup is about 80 grams and if we multiple it by 7 so it will be 560 grams, thats a lot of rice i should eat ED

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
You need at least 8 cups after seeing post #9. Now you can figure out how I got to that number.

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I think you are over estimating how many calories you actually need and how much activity your doing.
You have about 130lbs fat free lean mass.
Eat more than 130grams of protein per day.

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
I think you are over estimating how many calories you actually need and how much activity your doing.
You have about 130lbs fat free lean mass.
Eat more than 130grams of protein per day.
Wow, should i count my daily calorie intake by my lean body mass weight?
Because what i know is i should eat 1-15 per pound body weight
My activity is weight lifting 1-2 hours a day and a lot of walking through out the day

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight i mean, sorry

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
18 years on and off and been quiet consistence in last 2 years bro
I'll give you my advise.
Change your workouts to focus on gaining strength and become strong as hell. Once you have respectable numbers on your deadlift, squat, bench, military press...then focus more on bodybuilding/hypertrophy.

For diet, go back to the basics. You know your body best and what has worked for you in the past.

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
I'll give you my advise.
Change your workouts to focus on gaining strength and become strong as hell. Once you have respectable numbers on your deadlift, squat, bench, military press...then focus more on bodybuilding/hypertrophy.

For diet, go back to the basics. You know your body best and what has worked for you in the past.
Thanks you for your advice man, it really helps a lot :)

jaces

jaces

Awards
Im still confuse how to finish 7 cups of rice in one day. And no, you didnt mention how much 7 cup is in grams, google say that 1 cup is about 80 grams and if we multiple it by 7 so it will be 560 grams, thats a lot of rice i should eat ED
its about 200g of cooked rice and start of with 3 cups and add 1 cup every 2 weeks

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
its about 200g of cooked rice and start of with 3 cups and add 1 cup every 2 weeks
3 cups of cooked rice and add 1 cup of cooked rise every 2 weeks, in other words i can slowly increase my daily calorie slowly and step by step.
Thank you foe your info man, sure i will try it as soon as i can, 200 grams of cooked rice is not sooo hard to deal with

tstak

Awards
You measure cooked rice

150g = 200 calories / 45g of carbs

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
than work it out to wat you need... remember that cooked rice is aprox. twice as heavy as uncooked rice
Im agree, it contains a lot of water when it cooked, happy that i can start it that way, because its a lot of rice if i measure it raw in first place ?