eggs vs egg whites

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
most of you know me as a juice nut . well iam trying to change it up . i wanna know whats best for bulking and why . eggs or egg whites ? fat free milk or whole milk n why ?

Last edited:
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Egg whites are for ladies. Same goes for fat free milk. Although I'm going back to low carb today and won't be drinking milk anymore except for carb up days. If you want to gain though drink whole milk and eat the whole egg. There is a lot more taste in yellow part of the egg and the yellow has a lot more nutritional value than just eating the whites. Whole milk is better because it's more calorie dense.

I guess if you want to fit in that prom dress you could go with eating egg whites and fat free milk, but if you want to be a bigger Big Hulk Smash than eat like a man and not a lady.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Egg whites are for ladies. Same goes for fat free milk. Although I'm going back to low carb today and won't be drinking milk anymore except for carb up days. If you want to gain though drink whole milk and eat the whole egg. There is a lot more taste in yellow part of the egg and the yellow has a lot more nutritional value than just eating the whites. Whole milk is better because it's more calorie dense.

I guess if you want to fit in that prom dress you could go with eating egg whites and fat free milk, but if you want to be a bigger Big Hulk Smash than eat like a man and not a lady.
sounds good . id like to fit that prom dress but hulk legs to big haha

Inspiration44

Awards
The whole egg is okay to eat and same whole milk is okay as well, either or is okay:) good luck OP

jaces

jaces

Awards
if you eat carbs then do more whites then whole and if you dnt eat carbs then add them yellows .. but dont just eat whites because your throwing away fat soluble vitamins

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I eat both every morning. 3 whole eggs, 1 cup egg whites, 5 turkey sausage and a 4 oz fish. If I'm cutting of course that all changes. At the end of the day you still have to know your macros.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Criminal to throw away a yolk. By all means buy some egg whites in a carton if that helps you hit your macros, but throwing away the beautiful yolk is sacrilege!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat both all the time. Very rarely will I have just the whites. I depends on my fat intake for the day. I usually eat 2-7 whole eggs a day, just depends on the day. The damn egg prices need to go back down!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I eat both all the time. Very rarely will I have just the whites. I depends on my fat intake for the day. I usually eat 2-7 whole eggs a day, just depends on the day. The damn egg prices need to go back down!
true man they do

IronWarr

Awards
Whole eggs FTW! I eat every morning for breakfast.

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
most of you know me as a juice nut . well iam trying to change it up . i wanna know whats best for bulking and why . eggs or egg whites ? fat free milk or whole milk n why ?
From what i understand there are many beneficial aminos found in whole milk that get stripped as the fat is removed. This i have read is true for whey as well. Many new processing practices remove beneficial aminos from whey making whey concentrate the best choice for most people. As far as whole eggs go cholesterol I understand is crucial in hormone production so eliminating it doesnt make sence.. As for eating an excess of whole eggs a day I have read cholesterol intake does not significantly increase cholesterol blood levels if at all. So why not eat the whole thing unless cutting and they contain too many calories. I am not suggesting eating cartons a day use your head here. The yoke also contains the aminos that make egg protein highly digestible. without the yoke much of the protein is not digested.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
From what i understand there are many beneficial aminos found in whole milk that get stripped as the fat is removed. This i have read is true for whey as well. Many new processing practices remove beneficial aminos from whey making whey concentrate the best choice for most people. As far as whole eggs go cholesterol I understand is crucial in hormone production so eliminating it doesnt make sence.. As for eating an excess of whole eggs a day I have read cholesterol intake does not significantly increase cholesterol blood levels if at all. So why not eat the whole thing unless cutting and they contain too many calories. I am not suggesting eating cartons a day use your head here. The yoke also contains the aminos that make egg protein highly digestible. without the yoke much of the protein is not digested.
very discriptive i like that !!!

jaces

jaces

Awards
I am not sure this is true because only the fat gets stripped so only fat soluble vitamins like vit.A gets stripped,but ill look into it

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
I swore I read that in the past but I just did a little digging and I very well could be wrong. Ill read more later. If you find anything good be sure to post the link.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I swore I read that in the past but I just did a little digging and I very well could be wrong. Ill read more later. If you find anything good be sure to post the link.
thanks im cutting now and trying to maintain aftet months of ph ds and aas use . im afraid to gain fat and/or lose muscle. so i just wanna get as much advice from everyone as possible . i know you guys know your sh!t .

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I Only eat whole eggs... If I need to up protein intake however, I will just add a couple whites to the whole eggs I prepare. That yolk tho!

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
I Only eat whole eggs... If I need to up protein intake however, I will just add a couple whites to the whole eggs I prepare. That yolk tho!
I feel similarly. whole yoke is fine but if you need to up the cals go buy a carton of egg whites or just use whey. Its cheaper and IMO a toss up. I often use both but have stopped using whites due to cost. I was using strictly egg whites over whey for a while and it got costly.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
I always have both whole eggs and egg whites on hand. For bulking, I do 4-8 eggs a day, depending on what I'm planning on eating and base the rest of my macros for the day around the eggs, turkey bacon, toast and oats I have for breakfast. The only time that I throw egg whites into my diet are when I'm short on protein for the day, or I'm cutting. I'll do like one cup of egg whites and some milk with a scoop or two of protein.

As far as your macronutrients go, I would get my daily fats from a wholesome source such as eggs (with yolk) or whole milk if I were you (as opposed to less wholesome foods, of course).

Ever since my beginning of lifting I've done whole eggs and whole milk so yeah, don't shy away from those and bulk the heck up!! Happy Training!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I always have both whole eggs and egg whites on hand. For bulking, I do 4-8 eggs a day, depending on what I'm planning on eating and base the rest of my macros for the day around the eggs, turkey bacon, toast and oats I have for breakfast. The only time that I throw egg whites into my diet are when I'm short on protein for the day, or I'm cutting. I'll do like one cup of egg whites and some milk with a scoop or two of protein.

As far as your macronutrients go, I would get my daily fats from a wholesome source such as eggs (with yolk) or whole milk if I were you (as opposed to less wholesome foods, of course).

Ever since my beginning of lifting I've done whole eggs and whole milk so yeah, don't shy away from those and bulk the heck up!! Happy Training!
thats a smart ass idea man . i never thought like that.

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
Love whole eggs. I eat some for breakfast every morning. In the worst case, I'll have one boiled egg every morning.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Haha meets :)

I can't eat scrambled anymore, probably could with tons of ham and bacon to be fair... Just have them poached now, normally on bread

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established

I can't eat scrambled anymore, probably could with tons of ham and bacon to be fair... Just have them poached now, normally on bread

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards

Wtf is poached? ? I heard of boiled thats my preference actually.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Lol the language barrier is strong between UK and U.S. :)

It's where you boil water in a pan on a stove/hob... Crack the eggs into the boiling water and let them cook.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man!! Just wait until the egg is white/cooked then get a spoon and splash the hot water into the yolk... That way it cook the top just enough to not let it all ooze out until you cut it... Love them

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Yeah man!! Just wait until the egg is white/cooked then get a spoon and splash the hot water into the yolk... That way it cook the top just enough to not let it all ooze out until you cut it... Love them
Confused majorly

jaces

jaces

Awards
poached eggs are not for everyone.. personaly i hate them and i eat my eggs a bit raw so