How to determine macros when adding size on a female?

kittykat07

kittykat07

Awards
I'm lost as to what numbers people refer to helping me bulk. I did a lean out and now I am ready to bulk but have no clue how to or where to begin!!!
My stats are 5'4, 130, age 34....
I'd love some help here. I have tried iifym and I don't have time to calculate to figure out every inch and detail of that... Plus I gained unnecessary fat from that...
Any help would be great!!

jaces

jaces

Awards
begin with 18 cals per pound,,so yours would be 2300cals per day.. and the get a good split for macros.. woman do great on a 35%prot 30%carbs and 35% fat diet

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
I would say try to figure out your maintainence calories and eat very close to that so you're almost in a permanent state of recomp.

Cutting=less calories than maintainence
Bulking=more calories than maintainence

So the trick is to figure out through trial and error how many calories you burn in a day (remember to factor in exercise) then eat slightly more than that to bulk.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
I think you'd do great with something like
195g protein
60g fats
250 carbs

jaces

jaces

Awards
remember you are a man.. woman have different needs then men

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kittykat07

kittykat07

Awards
Will those amounts make me gain fat??? Cause my fats right now are probably 45-50

jaces

jaces

Awards
Will those amounts make me gain fat??? Cause my fats right now are probably 45-50
its hard to say but in my experience woman dont realy need a lotnof carbs they can do with a lot less then men

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Fat gain is dependent upon a lot of factors. Look up insulin sensitivity and how to manipulate it, and you'll learn a lot :)