water retention

louis19

louis19

Awards
is it possible, with clean eating, to drop water retention even whilst consuming a calorie surplus?

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Define "clean eating"? A diet moderately high in carbs will increase your glycogen levels and glycogen draws water into the muscle. Hence why some people will look 'flat' on a low carb diet, vs looking 'full' or even 'soft' when they re-introduce them. When cutting carbs, it can certainly skew the perception of weight loss as you tend to lose that water weight quickly. If you want to reduce water retention in your muscles, you would tend to deplete your glycogen levels by reducing your carbs. If you're in a calorie surplus and eating lots of carbs, you WILL be storing more water in your muscles.... but ultimately I think it will depend on the individual how that manifests itself in terms of physical appearance on your body. Some people do get away with it better than others.

Inspiration44

Awards
Yes it is. For example if someone is constantly eating say 3000 calories which is a maintence and they are consuming 4000mg of sodium and start bulking with 3500 calories, but they are now only consuming 2000mg of sodium than they will drop water rentention.

I have done 8-10lb water cuts for my powerlifting meets. A key to remember is that water retention can be caused by carbs, water and sodium. Do not drop ur carbs, this will affect ur energy and ur lifts will drop in the gym, only do it if u know how to slowly dwindle off of them, as for the water u want a high water intake to stay hydrated, as for sodium, ur suppose to have around 2000mg a day, so if ur sodium is already at 2000mg keep it at that, but if its higher, drop it a bit, and u will see some water rendition gone bro.

Also if u could sub to my youtube channel I would really appreciate it:) My channel name is Dylan Berg Fitness, I have around 35 videos and I am flexing in my profile pic:)I also have around 53 subscribers, only been doing the channel seriously for 4 days though, here is the url:)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHeREzbfzJT-ulb_QcWNwQ

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GatoLoiro Anabolics 7
General Chat 0
Anabolics 6
ThaReal Big Weight Loss 10
Supplements 43