Hardcore bulk vs.short bulk and cut cycles

slenderman

Awards
So should i do a straight bulk or 4-8weeks bulk and 4-2 week cut cycles,my abs are just about visible ,im 6ft at 64kgs,i find it easier to bulk if i can see my abs just about and always stop when i cant see abs,opinions guys

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, at your weight:height, I would add some size first . I would go for a longer bulk (but not excessive in excess lol) and then cut.

Mini cycles works good, but if you've been doing that a while and still at 64kg, then it may be time to switch it up :D

slenderman

Awards
Thinking maybe gomad as its easy for me to do that everysay with food

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Omg... you are 64kg? I weight heavier than you!
I am not sure if that is a good thing lol.. I would EAT. Lots of food, figure out what your maintenance kcal is and go 250kcal/day over to 'bulk' up. Train hard so you can make most of that gain into muscle! Don't worry about getting fat build muscle first.

slenderman

Awards
I know its embarrassing,was worse i was 50 when i left school,believe it not im also just became a qualified personal trainer so tryiny to lead by example

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
slenderman; congrats on becoming a qualified trainer!!

But yea def eat lol - and record your kcals to stay accountable. The biggest looking trainers (and the ones I use lol) are the busiest ones at my gym, by far.

chrisishere

Awards
Im guessing at that weight you're around 5'5-58? If so you need too be eating ATLEAST 3100 calories a day, preferably 4000. I weighed 135lb and now up too 165lb, since i was soo= underweight the fat (which was miminal up too about 155lb) eating 4000 i was gaining about 2lb per week. (i noticed your in kg, know that im in lb).

Buy a digital scale, get friendly with high calorie foods (whole milk, bananas, peanut butter, oatmeal) if necessary, you might not have built the appetite to handle 4000 calories a day, get a good mass gaining like Serious Mass. Though i find it too be costly compared too buying my weight in food (high cal foods are pretty cheap) you can also blend them.
3 cups of whole mik = 450 calories
3 bananas = 360kc
6 eggs = 420kc
2tablespoons of peanut butter=200kc = delicious 1430 calorie shake.

Just the advice from someone who uses this strategy too bulk and continues too.

chrisishere

Awards
Though in retrospect i would start on the lighter end with 3200 calories a day. Bump this up by 100kc every week so you get progressively better at handling and find your sweet spot.

Aaron1981

Awards
Yeah find out your maintenance and add 250kcal per day do this for 2 weeks if no gain in weight or strength add another 250kcal and repeat

jerisonross

jerisonross

Awards
In my experience bulking over a long period of time is healthier and more effective. Most people who gain 5 to 10 lbs in their cycle in the first 3 or 4 weeks don't realize its just water. Muscle takes time to grow and mature.

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doing a straight bulk would be ideal. Get to a good frame and you could always cut back down. I'm sure you don't have to fight back and forth with fat gain because you don't sound like a endomorph so I say just pound the muscle on and get to the weight goal you want.

Eat like your already at 90kg+ and you'll grow and fill out.