Bulking: Diet Down First and then Bulk???

kittykat07

kittykat07

Awards
I'm trying to put on more muscle, but was wondering how this DIET DOWN, then BULK WORKS?? Or is that the best way???

elhosk

Awards
Depends how quickly you are trying to put on more muscle. If you want to be bigger by the end of the year cutting first will probably get you better results. If you want to add muscle immediately then don't cut first

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
The biggest factor to take into account is how lean you are now. Holding too much fat and starting to try to gain will be very problematic. It is important to be lean when seeking to add muscle

Inspiration44

Awards
It depends on your bodyweight. If you are really skinny, than yes you can bulk up, but if you are carrying a lot of fat on you, than you are going to need to cut weight, that's all it is.

Also if its not too much trouble could you subscribe to my youtube channel, I offer very good advice and post videos daily, thank you:)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHeREzbfzJT-ulb_QcWNwQ

kittykat07

kittykat07

Awards
Okay.
I have done the lean out part, now it's he bulk part I am stuck on!!!
Thanks for your help though....

Inspiration44

Awards
Bulking isn't hard at all. What people really screw up on is that they try to gain too much weight too quickly. Aim for a slow bulk, aim for 0.5lbs of muscle a week and make sure you are tracking ur calories very strictly even if its a bulk:) Aim to progressive overload in the weight room on all your lifts, and ya you should see results. Did this help ya out any more?

kittykat07

kittykat07

Awards
Well i do all of those and have been but my diet hasn't changed. I have low days and high days...not sure what to do next?
I've had coaches in the past but for now, I would love to figure out for myself....don't do good on iifym or any thing like that!!!

kittykat07

kittykat07

Awards
I'm below 10% and very vascular ...if that helps at all??

Inspiration44

Awards
So your problem is that you are having troubles gaining muscle?

kittykat07

kittykat07

Awards
Yes and no??? I don't see the gains and it just makes me frustrated and want to just go eat up all the protein in my frig!!

kittykat07

kittykat07

Awards
And I did subscribe to your page!!! Thanks for the invite

Inspiration44

Awards
For bulking to see the gains, it takes 2 things to build muscle

1. You must progressively overload
2. You must eat in a caloric surplus

Now if your gaining weight, but aren't seeing any muscle gains then the problem is 100 percent in your training, u must get stronger in some fashion to get more muscles. If you aren't gaining any weight at all than its 100 percent your diet

also I appreciate you subscribing to me:)

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
Eat more. I find not sweating macros helps. get your base needs for protien find out what you like for carb amounts. then add carbs. if still stuck add in milks cheese olive oil eggs for xtra cals. Your main meals should be sensible high protien meals with carbs and vegetables. By eating healthy real foods you can get away with whole milk cheese olive oil cottage cheese for xtra calories and not become an unhealthy slob.
far better IMOi than adding cheat foods for xtra call. Not that I wouldnt cheat occasionally just be sensible

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Bulking isn't hard at all. What people really screw up on is that they try to gain too much weight too quickly. Aim for a slow bulk, aim for 0.5lbs of muscle a week and make sure you are tracking ur calories very strictly even if its a bulk:) Aim to progressive overload in the weight room on all your lifts, and ya you should see results. Did this help ya out any more?
Solid post m8

jaces

jaces

Awards
just remember that woman dont need a lot of carbs so dont go all out on the apples and rice cakes.. try a split of 35%prot 30% carbs and 35% fat.... eat all of those carbs pre and post workout and stick with red and white meat