Lean bulk articles

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can anyone suggest some good articles that outline lean bulking macros? I've done some search in but can't find any that simply lay out a formula for calculating macros. Been using layne nortons cutting diet w great success so trying to start planning for the future lean bulk

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
for a lean bulk I would just increase calories by 500 from carbs/protein. I personally try to get 150-175g pro/day regardless of cutting or bulking and just manipulate carbs and fats.

although usually fats are kept around 20-30%(minimum) to maintain biological functions at an optimal state

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1433523944.402690.jpg

These are my lean bulk macros.

My question is if I want one "cheat" day, when / how should I utilize it?

I'm not taking about going over total macros per se (maybe slightly) but just kind of eating what I feel like that day to break up the monotony...

I can tell u it won't be sugary or fried soo..

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't have a whole day devoted to cheating. I would use one meal, enjoy it, limit it to 30-45 minutes and enjoy life. If you go out, you can keep macros for the day the same by checking out the menu before hand or make your own cheat meal and log it. If you go over macros or cals, you'll be fine. It is a single meal. Your body will thank you for it.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/cheat-meal-manifesto

Read that

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea I meant basically one meal Bc I follow IF... So first meal would be it.. Then second meal would be something smaller a few hours before bed per usual. Thanks I'll read that now

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't have a whole day devoted to cheating. I would use one meal, enjoy it, limit it to 30-45 minutes and enjoy life. If you go out, you can keep macros for the day the same by checking out the menu before hand or make your own cheat meal and log it. If you go over macros or cals, you'll be fine. It is a single meal. Your body will thank you for it.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/cheat-meal-manifesto

Read that
Thanks for the article man. Answered the remaining few questions I had! Much appreciated. Still haven't run into each other at the edge! Hope teaching is going well