How "If Possible" slow down Metabolism?

powers165

Awards
I hope this is the correct forum to post this if not my apologies. Im currently 165 and I eat like a horse. 4000-4500 calories a day, but I only gain 1-2 pounds a month... This is aggravating to say the least. im not sure if there is a way to slow down your metabolism but if there isn't could you all give me some tips on how to gain weight. I eat many calories on a daily basis with many cards. I drink mass gainers and protein shakes every day. mass gainer twice a day pre and post workout. Help a skinny guy out lol. im tired of looking like a pole. hell the pole is thicker than me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you can gain 2 lbs a month and it is muscle keep doing what you are doing, I would love to put on 24lbs of muscle in a year!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
If you can gain 2 lbs a month and it is muscle keep doing what you are doing, I would love to put on 24lbs of muscle in a year!
This ^^^^. You may need to evaluate your training program to help you reach your weight goals. I'm not the expert, but there are others that can help you figure it out. Good luck to you :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You could always eat more, or more nutrient dense foods.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could always get older. :)

But in reality, enjoy it. I am 40 and still have a furnace.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great advice above. Re-evaluate your expectations. It has been proposed that a genetically gifted individual will put on 20-30 pounds of muscle in their first year of lifting, then maybe 10-15 in the second year, 5-10 in the third year, and maybe 2-3 every year after that. That means, if you are the best of the best from the genetic pool, it will take you 4-5 years to gain 60 pounds of muscle. That is an INSANE amount of muscle, and that assumes they are starting from a completely untrained state. Also, that is assuming they hit 30 pounds the first year, 15 the second, 10 the third, etc. If you gain 24 pounds of muscle this year, it will be noticeable.

classic27

A fast metabolism is a blessing. It might take time but when you put on muscle you will look better than most. Train and eat right consistently and it will come.