Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Bulking start
1st September
166.1 lbs
7.4% (skinfold and parillo formula)

In between I had a mini-cut of 4 weeks and 1-2 weeks that I was sick.

Today
174.6 lbs
8.5% (skinfold and parillo formula)

If we look just at weight/bodyfat seems good results. Not great but fair enough.
I look at myself every day and I see no difference, that's why every 2 weeks I take body measurements and here comes the downside.

Chest: 41.2" -> 41.9"
Arms: 14.7" -> 15.1"
Thighs: 21.9" -> 22.4"
Calves: 14.8" -> 15.1"

Let's say it was just 16weeks of bulking (taking off the mini-cut and sickness), my measurements looks almost the same.. how come?
Of course I'm really stict with my diet and count every calorie, increasing them by 200 only when I hit a stuck point with my weight (usually every 2 weeks). Very stright with my training too going 4 times/week and working my ass off.

I'm afraid if I start cutting I'll back at September's size.. Already planning to have 10-12 weeks more of bulking but also don't want to become a fat ass (skin fold says 8.5% but in the mirror I think it's more an 11-12%).

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Why a "mini-cut" as you say when you decided you are bulking? All your measurements went up though so that's good. Getting sick always screws things up. Keep up the progress 8.5% is still low bf. bulk to bulk, cut to cut, just imho.

HJH

Awards
I would keep bulking. Maybe set a skinfold limit for when to stop, such as 12%.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Ok.. But how is it possible that I've gained 10lbs and measurements are changed that little?

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Ok.. But how is it possible that I've gained 10lbs and measurements are changed that little?
The human body is a large thing, man. 10lbs doesn't mean you're gonna blow up. You're getting results clearly, just keep riding it out.

I like HJH's recommendation.

HJH

Awards
Actually, your measurements sound about right for ten pounds. You put on half an inch everywhere, give or take a bit depending upon the size of the area.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Actually, your measurements sound about right for ten pounds. You put on half an inch everywhere, give or take a bit depending upon the size of the area.
Humm ok don't know where I've red as general rule every 10lbs arm size should increase by 1inch

HJH

Awards
Humm ok don't know where I've red as general rule every 10lbs arm size should increase by 1inch
In general, the people in this industry are idiots. You are also taller than the average person. If this were true, and you started at 166 with 14.7% arms, you would have 20 inch arms at 220. I don't know too many people that have 20 inch arms, let alone at such a low bodyweight.

mistermike79

mistermike79

Awards
10 pounds spread out over your body would yeild minimal size gains. especially 10 pounds of muscle. now losing ten pounds of fat would show more however your arem would still be around the same size.