GOMAD

zconners

zconners

Awards
Anyone try this and have success? Any workout I should follow when doing GOMAD? Trying to add 15-30 pounds for football D3.

zconners

zconners

Awards
And current maxes really trying to add 10-30 pounds on all max bench 285 max squat 375 max deadlift 415 max military press haven't done but I do 185 for 4sets of 6 max powerclean 200

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Won't be muscle, maybe a pound or two. Mostly fat man, and tons of bloat.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
I would not recommend it at all. I have not done it, but honestly you can make better gains just eating more real food.

I know it seems like a cool idea, and if you could get your hands on raw milk I would say go for it, but the state pasteurized milk is in it will just make you unhealthy and add mostly fat.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I was crazy skinny in high school man. I'm talking 5' 8" and 120lbs and on a bunch of ADD meds. I found real quick I wouldn't gain any muscle due to the calories. My coach would say "add 500 more". I got to 7000 calories and was bloated up and felt sick and everything tasted the same and gross. I just got a little pudgy around the waist and lost vascularity. I never got it down in high school. I've learned now I have to eat quality over quantity. I don't drink milk cause my stomach gets sour and I get bloated but you are most likely different than me. If anything try eating a bunch of meat every day. I go through so much meat, rice, and veggies now it's insane. You'll gain quick just eating quality man. Best of luck

zconners

zconners

Awards
I was crazy skinny in high school man. I'm talking 5' 8" and 120lbs and on a bunch of ADD meds. I found real quick I wouldn't gain any muscle due to the calories. My coach would say "add 500 more". I got to 7000 calories and was bloated up and felt sick and everything tasted the same and gross. I just got a little pudgy around the waist and lost vascularity. I never got it down in high school. I've learned now I have to eat quality over quantity. I don't drink milk cause my stomach gets sour and I get bloated but you are most likely different than me. If anything try eating a bunch of meat every day. I go through so much meat, rice, and veggies now it's insane. You'll gain quick just eating quality man. Best of luck
Ya I try to eat more more it's just so much to try keeping track of what I eat most of my friends say I eat a lot eventually when I get out of high school into college and get a steady job I'm going to try to eat 200 g of protein and lots of calories I'm at 160 right now 5'9 trying to add 20-30 more pounds for football I had gained 15 a year ago when I was taking a mass gainer haven't been on a gainer in awhile too expensive to keep buying one every two weeks just sticking with whey glutamine multi bcaas and fish oil nothing fancy looking to get serious once I start working making money any simple inexpensive meals? I'm doing a 5-3-1 workout now

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Inexpensive meals: go to Walmart or any store like that and get a bag of rice. Walk past the cute bright boxes of rice and go to the bags of bulk rice. $3-4 for 5lbs of rice. Now hit the chicken and tuna, if you buy it canned buy the kind that's in water. Beef is great but expect $5.50 per pound to $6.30 depending on the source and lean-ness. And not cheap but per serving it's not bad go and buy the mega sized container of peanut butter. For throughout the day snacks I make my own beef jerky and pack about 4 peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Then I'll add in 4 cans of tuna, breakfast is meats and eggs and cheese. I eat not much at a time but eat about every 90min. I get 220-260g of protein, 600 complex carbs, and 40-60 fat per day. On a bulk. On a cut 180-200 protein, 150 complex carbs, 60ish fat. Lunch meat sales at Walmart are rarely good meat but I'll catch a sale of $3ish bucks a pound and buy 6lbs at at time.

zconners

zconners

Awards
Inexpensive meals: go to Walmart or any store like that and get a bag of rice. Walk past the cute bright boxes of rice and go to the bags of bulk rice. $3-4 for 5lbs of rice. Now hit the chicken and tuna, if you buy it canned buy the kind that's in water. Beef is great but expect $5.50 per pound to $6.30 depending on the source and lean-ness. And not cheap but per serving it's not bad go and buy the mega sized container of peanut butter. For throughout the day snacks I make my own beef jerky and pack about 4 peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Then I'll add in 4 cans of tuna, breakfast is meats and eggs and cheese. I eat not much at a time but eat about every 90min. I get 220-260g of protein, 600 complex carbs, and 40-60 fat per day. On a bulk. On a cut 180-200 protein, 150 complex carbs, 60ish fat. Lunch meat sales at Walmart are rarely good meat but I'll catch a sale of $3ish bucks a pound and buy 6lbs at at time.
Okay cool so rice tuna pb I usually eat eggs in the morning do you mix your rice with anything? And is that you In your profile pic?

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Oh and when I was super broke and had junk pots and pans I found adding white vinegar to the water before you boil and simmer the rice will make it so that the rice won't stick to your pans at all. You can't taste the vinegar unless you go way over board. I'd use about 2-3tbs per batch of rice which was maybe 1.5-2 cups of dry rice.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your answer is just eatting way more calories and not milk. Milk is good in moderation but too much = too much fat. The rice will be a good add on because your upping your carbs for a cheap price. Eat more protein carbs and fat and overall more calories and you'll gain weight. Maybe throw in a mass gainer shake to up with upping the calories and you'll be good to go. Check out some weight gainers at Strong Supplement Shop.
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/weight-gainer-protein

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Your answer is just eatting way more calories and not milk. Milk is good in moderation but too much = too much fat. The rice will be a good add on because your upping your carbs for a cheap price. Eat more protein carbs and fat and overall more calories and you'll gain weight. Maybe throw in a mass gainer shake to up with upping the calories and you'll be good to go. Check out some weight gainers at Strong Supplement Shop.
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/weight-gainer-protein
No such thing as too much fat lol. Except if it puts you in a huge excess

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually about three weeks into GOMAD myself. What everyone is saying is absolutely true- a lot of bloat, a lot of fat gain. But in three weeks I've gained almost 30 pounds, which is what you were looking for, right? All in all, I consume at the very least 5000 calories a day. It's a drag, it's a pain, and it sucks day in and day out. But the strength gains are great, and if you're not afraid of losing your precious abs then go for it. Just lift heavy, eat a lot of food on top of your milk, and don't quit.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I've used GOMAD before. Need to remember to be eating food on top of it too. Like chicken, vegetables, etc.. I was getting in about 7000cals, training about 3hrs a day, ran a mile each day and swam about 1.5miles. Gains were fast and still dirty. If I would do it over again, I would of ran a cycle with it and used clen, t3, or some other burner.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
I've used GOMAD before. Need to remember to be eating food on top of it too. Like chicken, vegetables, etc.. I was getting in about 7000cals, training about 3hrs a day, ran a mile each day and swam about 1.5miles. Gains were fast and still dirty. If I would do it over again, I would of ran a cycle with it and used clen, t3, or some other burner.
This.

If you're just drinking a gallon of milk and that's all the food you consume in a day, that is completely wrong. Eat your normal good, whole meals every day, but add in the gallon of milk. It works well for a bulk. I don't do cardio like he said, but I'd probably recommend it for you since you'll be playing football. And don't be surprised if you start feeling old and lethargic!

zconners

zconners

Awards
Gotcha thanks everyone for their inputs I will put all in consideration I'm thinking starting 3.5 gallons for a couple weeks then go into 7 gallons another throw in a fat burner and cardio should be good I do a lil cross fit on the side for explosive work

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did the the GOMAD for about a month and a half some days not actually doing a whole gallon. I ate a lot of chicken with it every day on top of my regular meals and in about 45 days gains like 12-13 lbs.
I'm skinny to so I didn't really get fat but I did find out the hard way to eat lots of probiotics and veggies.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a hardgainer by any means but when I did the 20 rep squat program I drank a ton of milk. Not a whole gallon a day but I was constantly making huge weight gainer shakes and eating a ton. If you follow that program to a T you will be extremely hungry.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ethan_wilde Nutrition / Health 20
Supplements 3
Anabolics 2
Nutrition / Health 4
Anabolics 7