Fast food

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Be heard from several reliable sources that a fast food bulk isnt that bad . Of course it isnt to healthy. But i am willing to gain weight anyway possible. Gym routine is 6 days a week chest,back,legs,shoulders,arms,legs.. Taking in about 3500 calories a day right now but i feel as if if i took in fast food at night id be able to get more calories. Any one know if i do maybe a fast food meal a day consisting of maybe 3000 calories if itll help gain weight?

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol that will help you gain weight for sure and you could even gain some real muscle too. I mean look at CT Fletcher when he was competing in natural bench press everyday he would eat McDonald's. And a lot of it. It worked for him for some years but he did end up getting kinda fat and he almost died of a heart problem because of this. So plain and simple it will help you gain weight but it's really isn't healthy in the long run.

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Lol that will help you gain weight for sure and you could even gain some real muscle too. I mean look at CT Fletcher when he was competing in natural bench press everyday he would eat McDonald's. And a lot of it. It worked for him for some years but he did end up getting kinda fat and he almost died of a heart problem because of this. So plain and simple it will help you gain weight but it's really isn't healthy in the long run.
i love ct fletcher.. I follow him mike rashid all them. I love the way they train and carry themselves its sick ****.. And damn i didnt even know about that ..

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely not healthy in the long run at all! And yea I didn't know that about ct! Ha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Junk is Junk.....Quality Food to Build Quality Muscle !

ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff

Awards
If you want to get food quick, instead of going to get some junk food, stop into your local grocery store and buy a rotisserie chicken, theres a lot of good meat and you don't feel guilty eating a triple whopper with cheese and fries.

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
If you want to get food quick, instead of going to get some junk food, stop into your local grocery store and buy a rotisserie chicken, theres a lot of good meat and you don't feel guilty eating a triple whopper with cheese and fries.
i know but i want to eat large large meals with calories on calories and fast food is the only option for a middle class kid like me

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just remember you can not run a Race Car on crappy fuel, The same goes for building a Great Body!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Be heard from several reliable sources that a fast food bulk isnt that bad . Of course it isnt to healthy. But i am willing to gain weight anyway possible. Gym routine is 6 days a week chest,back,legs,shoulders,arms,legs.. Taking in about 3500 calories a day right now but i feel as if if i took in fast food at night id be able to get more calories. Any one know if i do maybe a fast food meal a day consisting of maybe 3000 calories if itll help gain weight?
Get a tub of peanut butter.
Make peanut butter and banana sandwiches on wheat bread.
Could also make your red meat & potatoes @ home in bulk.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Get a tub of peanut butter.
Make peanut butter and banana sandwiches on wheat bread.
Could also make your red meat & potatoes @ home in bulk.
You can make a Healthy Bulk meal at home for less money than junk fast food!!

And if you say you don't have time, I will just write this thread off as a "I am looking for an excuse to eat junk food thread"

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You can make a Healthy Bulk meal at home for less money than junk fast food!! And if you say you don't have time, I will just write this thread off as a "I am looking for an excuse to eat junk food thread"
Why are you quoting me telling me this?

:confused:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why are you quoting me telling me this?

:confused:
I agree with you, and was trying to help ethan_wilde make better decisions !! Sorry if it was confusing.

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
All helpful responses for a first. Most people on this try to bash on me just because im open to what i take and my age. Thanks though seriously

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with the advice here, but if you are going to go a fast food route from time to time, at least make smart decisions. None of it is actually "good" for you, but you can inflict the least amount of damage with better choices.

ladykilla907

Awards
1 lb 96/4 beef/lean turkey
1 box creamy four cheese rice a roni
Prepare each
Mix
Thank you Pete rubish

DonnellHensle

Awards
Fast food is not a good way to gain weight because that will invite many diseases which are very deadliest. It's better to take weight gainer supplements like steroid, creatine if you really want to gain weight, but you need to consult with a gym expert before taking it. You should aware of all the facts about the supplements prior to its use. Say bye bye to fast food!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
:-/

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Macros are macros.

I don't understand why people think baked chicken turns to muscle but the protein in a Big Mac turns to fat???

I eat 5 fast food meals a week.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah neither but health should be a priority in all cases. Often a diet high in Junk Food reduces the calorie allotment for 'healthier' food so you end up sacrificing health for junk. Not always and you CAN balance it, but most people simply cant

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Fast food is not a good way to gain weight because that will invite many diseases which are very deadliest. It's better to take weight gainer supplements like steroid, creatine if you really want to gain weight, but you need to consult with a gym expert before taking it. You should aware of all the facts about the supplements prior to its use. Say bye bye to fast food!
"Weight gainer supplements like steroid, creatine" haha.

I honestly destroy fast food places like Taco Bell and chick fil a whenever I'm super hungry. I don't eat it that often, maybe twice a week, but I'm sure it would be totally fine for you. Just remember to keep it in moderation, don't go super sizing every meal man

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
1 lb 96/4 beef/lean turkey
1 box creamy four cheese rice a roni
Prepare each
Mix
Thank you Pete rubish
This..cost you at most 7 bucks...depending on your carb intake, this could last a good 3 meals or so...if your a smaller guy, then 4...I eat this all the time..especially when I work...I'm a police officer so it's hard to eat good all the time..but I make it work.

papersteroid

Awards
Fast food is moored immovably in our quick paced world, furnishing us with the nourishment adjusted to the usual methodology for present day living - snappy, simple and shabby. The impacts on your body, be that as it may, are not as honest.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Fast food isn't always about the calories. Keep in mind the amount of sodium and sugar you'll put into your body. That's what makes most people sick.

That said, if i'm going to eat fast food it's usually Popeye's Chicken. Damn I have a weakness for fried chicken and mac n cheese.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Fast food isn't always about the calories. Keep in mind the amount of sodium and sugar you'll put into your body. That's what makes most people sick.

That said, if i'm going to eat fast food it's usually Popeye's Chicken. Damn I have a weakness for fried chicken and mac n cheese.
The best thing there are the Biscuits !!

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
Spicy go wraps from Wendys have a special place in my heart (a couple times a month) :food:

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
I broke 220 with abs for the first time eating fast food anytime I wasn't going to make my bulking total for the day. It made me feel like sh** in the gym, which kept me from doing it too much, but it definitely kept my weight moving in the right direction when done in conjunction with all other appropriate strategies.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
Well, in case you haven't gathered it yet, no, fast food isn't entirely, "bad" for you. As far as any diet should be structured (in my opinion), you should have a daily set macronutrient (carbs, fats and proteins) intake, and you should strive to hit that goal. This has personally worked well for me and many others that I know. I understand not everyone has the drive, need, or ability to do this. If you would rather not, I would say go ahead and blow the heck up on that fast food. You could easily add thousands of more calories by hitting McDonalds or Taco Bell. For a lot of people (as mentioned above), this hinders their training. I know personally, I just don't feel as good all around when I eat mass amounts of McChickens and McDoubles as opposed to not intaking McDonalds. In general, if calories in > calories out, you will gain weight. Just how it works. I know it has been a while since you have posted so I hope all is going well with you and your mass gaining! Good luck to you and I hope I at least somewhat helped!

Battossi

Awards
I take in 4100 calories. I however opt for a slow cooker. Turn on ,go to work/school and Come back to anywhere from 1000 to 2500 calories. Cheaper too!

I do eat fast food on rare occasions but it's not cost effective when I'm eating this much with my macros to do it with fast food. 650+carbs 220ish protein and 80 to 85g fats.

It's all personal preference though.

jaces

jaces

Awards
imo fast food is okay if you dont gain weight easily... just choose fast food with meat and not too much sugar .. and use it as an add on to your diet,almost like a supplement

Doomzday

Doomzday

Awards
Google : bodybuilding dot com Todd Blue

The above bodybuilding.com writer was my main "tutor" when I was bulking. I successfully bulked from 65kgs to around 78kgs , in under a year, with some fat, but mostly bulk.

note: I'm now back down to 72kg cus I'm no longer interested in being Lee Priest but I don't deny bodybuilding is badass

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
If you are not eating it all the time and using that as your main meals all the time, then I don't think its that bad.
As long as you get your micronutrient needs for the day, and macros obviously.
Of course they say its 'fast food' but by the time you drive there, order, eat, come back or whatever I could have made something nice at home already lol.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
If you are not eating it all the time and using that as your main meals all the time, then I don't think its that bad.
As long as you get your micronutrient needs for the day, and macros obviously.
Of course they say its 'fast food' but by the time you drive there, order, eat, come back or whatever I could have made something nice at home already lol.
Yea I think moderation is the key as well as what your trying to accomplish. If your looking to step on stage, I would shy away from it. You have to be honest with yourself and be conscious of what your consuming.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
crockpot for gains homie

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I say restaurant food is the worst for this? at least macdonalds have nutritional panels for their foods, a lot of restaurants don't. which is a little sucky because if you go to a fine dining restaurant the chefs make the food taste as good as possible, not as healthy as possible. these places make it so hard to log the macros and calories accurately.

Battossi

Awards
crockpot for gains homie
This. If you're serious about macros and nutrition.

Also can save you a **** ton of money. I'm a bbob (body builder on a budget ) and the crock pot was one of my best purchases. 30$ =2 to 3 years of use. Epic meals,lotsa calories, custom macros and gains city!

NEBinAK

NEBinAK

Awards
You can pack in a lot of calories pretty easy without fast food, don't get me wrong I'm not saying never eat it, just saying better in moderation.

I'd rather have a spoon of coconut oil and opt for full fat milk, yogurt, eat more cheese, nut butters, olive oil.... There are a lot of options for getting those cals in.

Ryangash

Ryangash

Awards
Fast food and bulking= chipotle, at least to me..you just aren't going to get quality calories out of the burger and fry places.

TexasGuy

Awards
You'll get your macros for sure.

As long as you're getting your veggies and less processed protein too a cheeseburger here and there won't kill you.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love a Good Cheeseburger!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Some sonic bacon doubles and fudge cake sundays met my macros nicely....