New Routine for Putting on Size

Robbie Balboa

Awards
I am trying a new routine to put on some size along with strength gains. Lots of protein and good fats
DAY1 - LOWER BODY - 60 sec. rest between sets and exercises on both workouts
Barbell Deadlifts 5x5
One-Legged Squats 5x5
Standing Ab Wheel Rollouts 5x5
Weighted Decline Russian Twists 5x5
Two-Arm KB Swings 5x10-15
One-legged Ankle raises 5x8-20 *Recovering from a pulled calf muscle
FINISHER-Tabata BW Squats
DAY 2
Upper Body
Incline One-Arm DB Bench Press 5x5
Chin-Ups 5x5
Double DB Military Press 5x5
One-Arm DB Rows 5x5
Assisted Heavy Gripper 5x5
FINISHER-Tabata Pushups
DAY 3-Rest then repeat
four week cycle
Any advice?

BrianFitness

BrianFitness

Awards
I prefer doing full body (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Bump up the calories and lift heavy!

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Used to have a split of upper/lower/accessory, rinse and repeat with high protein, medium carb, low fat diet... Depending on well carbs treat you.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can do any split you want, one is not better than the other. As long as you're eating. Coming from a guy who gained a lot of mass using PHAT but then gained about the same from doing a regular Bodybuilding Split (whatever that means lolz). Do what you want, eat a lot and train hard. You will put on size either way. Not one way is better than the other.

You ever see people who just come in the gym, kill it, and really had no plan but had a general idea on what to do? I feel like those guys are always the largest.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes those guys can be the smallest too haha like a gym noob, but there are more experienced lifters that I could see doing that..

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sometimes those guys can be the smallest too haha like a gym noob, but there are more experienced lifters that I could see doing that..
alright that was a bad analogy lol. I am just saying, if you go in and kill it you will grow with putting in large amounts of food. No one program is better than the other.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Ive never followed a routine... just tons of compound movements

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There's tons of programs out there for size and strength. If you type size and strength workout plan in google you will get so many programs. This program to me looks like more of a strength program because most exercises are 5x5. I would try just doing 5x5 on your main lifts like deadlift bench and squat and then accessory work you can shot for 3 or 4 sets of 6-12 reps depending on the exercises. Thats just my thought though.