Thoughts on my recomp diet/cycle

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Hi I just wanted to get opinions on my next blast cycle and my meal plan I have laid out. Always appreciate any input or advice.
So my cycle looks like this:
Weeks 1-16 equipoise 800mg a week
Weeks 1-16 Sus 270, 3 shots a week
Weeks 1-8 NPP 100mg eod
Armanin at .5 Ed

My meal plan:
Meal 1(pre workout) 1 cup of oats, 6 egg whites,2 scoops isoflex protein
Meal 2(intra workout) isopure mass shake
Meal 3 (post workout) 10-12ounces chicken, 1 cup of oats
Meal 4: 10-12 ounces of chicken, half cup brown rice, greens
Meal 5: same as 4
Meal 6: 10 egg whites
Meal 7(depending if I'm still hungry) more egg whites or lean meats

Supps:
Orange triad multi vitamin
Fish oils
NAC
Sam E
phosphatidylserine

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What do your macros break out to, and what is your training schedule like? Cals look a bit low, but I could be wrong.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Well I like to keep my protein very high since it is the building blocks to muscle and your muscles I think are made up of 90% protein. So I eat 2-3 grams of protein per pound of body weight. I keep my carbs at what My body weight is at and eat them all around my workout time. My fats I just like to get from animal protein. I find this is a good approach to recomp on since my gear will play a big roll as well. So my intake looks like this:
400-500 grams of protein per day
220 grams of carbs a day
Fats are at like 50 per day.
Calories come to around 4,000
I always like to make adjustments to my diet and training as plateaus come along too.

My training consists of weight training 6 days a week for 1 and a half to 2 hours a day, and cardio at low intensity at no more than 3 hours a week.
What's your thought ?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The way you broke it down in your post above looks great, but for some reason it doesn't seems like your initial post adds up to 4000 cals or the same macro breakdown you posted. If it does though, then everything looks fine man - in regards to nutrient timing, looks like you've thought it out well.

Nutrition wise, I would personally add some more healthy fats though because your HDL could take a big hit on this cycle/diet. Olive oil (evoo) and coconut oil come to mind. Maybe add a veggie into the mix on top of the greens, like asparagus for example. Some fruit around your workout could be a good idea as well, like pineapple, and/or berries (for the enzymes + anti-oxidants).

When you posted Armanin, did you mean Aromasin? Great choice for an AI.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
What are your stats

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Protein way to high, fats are low.... also you say if im hungry I eat a 7th meal meaning youre not exactly tracking cals, not the best approach for recomping... greens? As in veggies or a green supplement? Also not seeing 4000 cals

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Protein way to high, fats are low
Fats are definitely low, and if chicken is the only animal source - there will not be much fat here at all. Protein is very high, but then again there will be a greater protein turnaround/utilization due to being on a ton of gear - but I would only go high on protein if the majority of protein is coming from meat, not powders. Even still though, it is a bit much. Bringing protein down to ~300g max and upping fats would be ideal. Gear will take a big hit on HDL, really needs those healthy fats in there. HDL is also the building block of cell membranes.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I just recalculate my calories and it does only add up to a little over 3000 calories. Now I perfer csrbs over fats. Would it be okay to up my carbs and leave the fats where they are at? And yes I always use Aromasin as my ai

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Well when I'm restricting carbs around bed time and my appatite is just not satisfied I just eat more protein. Usually egg white or chicken or white fish. I

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yeah I just recalculate my calories and it does only add up to a little over 3000 calories. Now I perfer csrbs over fats. Would it be okay to up my carbs and leave the fats where they are at? And yes I always use Aromasin as my ai
Asong as you lower protein.... where is your fat coming from?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Well when I'm restricting carbs around bed time and my appatite is just not satisfied I just eat more protein. Usually egg white or chicken or white fish. I
Why are carbs restricted bed time

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Fats are coming from the 4-5 pounds of chicken I eat a day and indirectly from oats and my body doesn't respond well to carbs pre bed.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Fats are coming from the 4-5 pounds of chicken I eat a day and indirectly from oats and my body doesn't respond well to carbs pre bed.
I only count 3lbs assuming your 7th meal is 12oz chicken.... chicken has virtually no fat and isnt considered a good source to begin with....why not some olive oil, peanuts, avocado, mst, red meat, etc...?

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
The above meal plan layout was an example. Overall I eat around 4-5 pounds of chicken breast a day. For some reason I find u don't respond well to fats and animal meats always did me good. Maybe add some whole eggs to replace some egg whites with maybe a serving of some natty pb pre bed to make up for the lack of fats ?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
The above meal plan layout was an example. Overall I eat around 4-5 pounds of chicken breast a day. For some reason I find u don't respond well to fats and animal meats always did me good. Maybe add some whole eggs to replace some egg whites with maybe a serving of some natty pb pre bed to make up for the lack of fats ?
Now youre talking.... try almond butter

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Okay so final thoughts ?
Meal 1 (pre workout) cup of oats,6 egg whites, 2scoops of isoflex whey isolate protein
Meal 2( intra workout, about hour into weight training) isopure mass RTD protein drink
Meal 3(post workout) 12 ounces chicken, cup of oats
Meal 4 - 12 ounces chicken, half cup brown rice, greens
Meal 5 - same as 4
Meal 6(pre bed) 3 whole eggs, 7 egg whites, 2 tbsp almond butter

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Btw I should had posted my current stats from the very beginning.
My current weight is at 210 pounds, 10% body fat, at 5 foot 8.
My goal is to put on as many lean pounds as possible while maintaining body fat % or possible get leaner which is possible with the anabolics I am running.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Adding whole eggs is a good idea. Natty peanut butter too. A scoop of coconut oil before bed and preworkout is not a bad idea. You can keep carbs higher than fats for sure, but your body needs fats. As you lower your protein down from 500, simply increase your fats and you can easily keep your cals the same as you had intended.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Great advice guys. For some reason I was under the impression dietary fats were not that necessary if on cycle because I know fats for the natural bodybuilder helps boost hormones which if your on gear your boosting hormones already but after doing research I've learned how they are extremly important on or off cycle.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
So is it okay to get the majority of my fats for the day with my pre bed meal which is zero carbs? Or should it be spread throughout the day. Im not sure how I would respond to mixing fats and carbs together in one meal.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
So is it okay to get the majority of my fats for the day with my pre bed meal which is zero carbs? Or should it be spread throughout the day. Im not sure how I would respond to mixing fats and carbs together in one meal.
Meeting calorie and macro goals supersede nutrient timing...

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Okay so basically your saying it would be okay to get let's say 75% of my daily fat intake in one meal as long as I'm hitting my numbers ?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Okay so basically your saying it would be okay to get let's say 75% of my daily fat intake in one meal as long as I'm hitting my numbers ?
Yes.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
However of youre spot on everyday then I would start looking into timing... I usually carb back load and consume most fats through out the day

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
What times of the day is the best to get your fats in nutrition timing wise in your opinion ?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
What times of the day is the best to get your fats in nutrition timing wise in your opinion ?
At any time honestly... I dont handle high fats around physical exercise very well so I avoid them pre and post workout...

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking throwing in my fats with the meal after my preworkout meal since the carbs are low/moderate and my pre bed meal since there no carbs.