Been bulking for a year (pics) Oppinions please!

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
Hey all. This is my first post as a new member to this sight. I have been bulking for over a year now. About a year and four months. I went from 135lbs (coming off an illness) to 195lbs in that time. The last four months I have been lucky to gain a pound a month. I have proficient knowledge of nutrition and training so I am almost positive that I am not training incorrectly. But maybe I should switch up my program? I have been training one muscle group per day 5 days a week. Maybe I should switch to lower volume but hit each muscle group twice a week?

Up until this point I have only taken Kre-Alkaline and Beta Alanine for supplements. Any suggestions? I was honestly thinking of deer antler velvet.

Maybe I should stop bulking and start cutting?
Please help me out with suggestions guys, and also I welcome and constructive criticism on my physique.

pics in order of:

start 135lbs
6 months 155lbs
1 year 4 months 195lbs

Thanks guys

Attachments

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
I am also considering the GHRH and GHRP together route. Will the leaning out from this be very knowticeable? And will I continue to gain significant size from the GHRH and GHRP? I have also researched SARMS and am open to the possibility of trying it out.

hooah47

hooah47

Awards
Looking good bro. I would recommend making a simple adjustment in training, and see where that takes you. Maybe try some power work for a while, it should stimulate new growth and muscle density if you've been using volume protocols for a while.

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
I consume no less than 3,300 calories a day but am often at 3,700 calories a day.

I do one power lift per day, i.e. Power Cleans to start shoulder day. I give each large muscle group at least 16 sets per day at 8-12 reps per set. Once a month I drop down to 2-7 reps. Maybe I should hit each muscle group twice per week at 12 sets per day???

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
impressive brother! traps and shoulders really blew up

go ahead and try the twice a week scenario. imo, you'll never know if you like it unless you try it. worse comes to worse, if you don't like, switch back after 6-8 weeks.

hooah47

hooah47

Awards
Some will argue this with me, but I'm not a fan of hitting a muscle twice a week for hypertrophy personally. Dorian said if you're able to train a muscle group more than once a week, you didn't hit it hard enough the first time. That's always been my philosophy. Strength training is a different scenario. If you're set on training twice a week, do one hypertrophy day and one power day. Up your calories to around 4000 a day and see where that gets you bro. If all else fails, drink a half gallon of whole chocolate milk daily for a few weeks. You'll grow.

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
Some will argue this with me, but I'm not a fan of hitting a muscle twice a week for hypertrophy personally. Dorian said if you're able to train a muscle group more than once a week, you didn't hit it hard enough the first time. That's always been my philosophy. Strength training is a different scenario. If you're set on training twice a week, do one hypertrophy day and one power day. Up your calories to around 4000 a day and see where that gets you bro. If all else fails, drink a half gallon of whole chocolate milk daily for a few weeks. You'll grow.
Thank guys! I will try the twice a week while upping my calories! I've eaten 4,000 calories a day before and I gained a little body fat. The fat is easily lost for me though because I believe I'm and ecto-meso morph. My desired build would be about 210lbs at my current body fat %, or even a little less.

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
impressive brother! traps and shoulders really blew up

go ahead and try the twice a week scenario. imo, you'll never know if you like it unless you try it. worse comes to worse, if you don't like, switch back after 6-8 weeks.
Thanks for the compliment. I have a hard time bringing out my lats although I do MANY wide grip pullups with added 25lbs for 8-12 reps. Will try a neutral grip wide pullup this month to try and eliminate help from the biceps and radialis.

Considering getting Magnitropin!

hooah47

hooah47

Awards
Thanks for the compliment. I have a hard time bringing out my lats although I do MANY wide grip pullups with added 25lbs for 8-12 reps. Will try a neutral grip wide pullup this month to try and eliminate help from the biceps and radialis.

Considering getting Stack3d (trying to anyway)
Underhand, and narrow neutral grips actually activate the lats from the origin in the small of the back more efficiently, whereas wide grip pulldowns work the teres major more directly.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Great progress keep up the good work!

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
Underhand, and narrow neutral grips actually activate the lats from the origin in the small of the back more efficiently, whereas wide grip pulldowns work the teres major more directly.
OK ill throw in more narrow grip. Underhand I feel my biceps carry too much of the load. thanks for the advice

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What might help is doing some carb manipulation to try to improve insulin sensitivity. After bulking for so long (assuming you're eating serious carbs to fill all those cals) there's a good chance your insulin sensitivity has decreased. Maybe take a week or two of pretty low carbs and let your body reset itself and then get back to it.

Also, I just ran magnitropin about a month ago and loved it. Awesome body comp changes and gains while bumping cals up weekly.

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
What might help is doing some carb manipulation to try to improve insulin sensitivity. After bulking for so long (assuming you're eating serious carbs to fill all those cals) there's a good chance your insulin sensitivity has decreased. Maybe take a week or two of pretty low carbs and let your body reset itself and then get back to it.

Also, I just ran magnitropin about a month ago and loved it. Awesome body comp changes and gains while bumping cals up weekly.
OK ill try the week or so of low carbs to reset my insulin sensitivity. I'll up my coconut oil and other healthier fats to keep my calories high along with even more protein. And of course more veggies for my GI tract.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
OK ill try the week or so of low carbs to reset my insulin sensitivity. I'll up my coconut oil and other healthier fats to keep my calories high along with even more protein. And of course more veggies for my GI tract.
Yep that's a perfect plan. Your body will prob enjoy the higher fats to lube everything up too ;)

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Thank guys! I will try the twice a week while upping my calories! I've eaten 4,000 calories a day before and I gained a little body fat. The fat is easily lost for me though because I believe I'm and ecto-meso morph. My desired build would be about 210lbs at my current body fat %, or even a little less.
I like both these changes. I have had very good success with clients utilizing a somewhat "cycled" carb approach based on what is being trained day to day... ie higher carb on days where large muscle groups are trained, low carb on off days. Adjust fats to maintain caloric surplus

And low volume, high frequency is the only way to go when wanting to gain IMO

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great transformation man! If you're not gaining then you need to intake calories. And they should always be good calories. Not junk. Unless you're a hardgainer. haha. But i would definitely try the twice a week plan. If you've only been hitting each muscle group once a week and your not seeing progress with that then change. Change is always good and it will shock your system. If it doesnt work for you, you can always go back to your old plan. So i would give it a shot.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What might help is doing some carb manipulation to try to improve insulin sensitivity. After bulking for so long (assuming you're eating serious carbs to fill all those cals) there's a good chance your insulin sensitivity has decreased. Maybe take a week or two of pretty low carbs and let your body reset itself and then get back to it. Also, I just ran magnitropin about a month ago and loved it. Awesome body comp changes and gains while bumping cals up weekly.
Absolutely this^^^^

I dropped mine for 4 weeks and my insulin sensitivity now is ridiculous. I'm eating close to 1000 of carbs some days and have added minimal bf and a lot of size. Just gotta keep fats trace when you reboot the carbs.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Absolutely this^^^^

I dropped mine for 4 weeks and my insulin sensitivity now is ridiculous. I'm eating close to 1000 of carbs some days and have added minimal bf and a lot of size. Just gotta keep fats trace when you reboot the carbs.
Interested in what you consider "trace".