on cycle bulk please advise

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
I hit a sticking point at 200 lbs and have been at this weight for two weeks and currently just running 500 mg test E per week my macros at maintenance have been 298 prot 340 carb and 60 fat my question is I'm looking at adding around 600-700 calories to get the weight gain rolling again that being said I'm just going to add 1 more full serving of mass gainz by I force with 16 oz of milk bringing my totals to 362 prot 444 carb and 70 fat these numbers just blow my mind but what are your guys thoughts I need to add calories to gain but dang near 400g prot and 450 carb sounds ridiculous

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hit a sticking point at 200 lbs and have been at this weight for two weeks and currently just running 500 mg test E per week my macros at maintenance have been 298 prot 340 carb and 60 fat my question is I'm looking at adding around 600-700 calories to get the weight gain rolling again that being said I'm just going to add 1 more full serving of mass gainz by I force with 16 oz of milk bringing my totals to 362 prot 444 carb and 70 fat these numbers just blow my mind but what are your guys thoughts I need to add calories to gain but dang near 400g prot and 450 carb sounds ridiculous
Not ridiculous at all man, when you consider it as a percentage of total calories needed for you to gain weight it makes sense. Hows your body fat looking? I think 360g protein/450g carb with fat under 100g is a solid amount, usually my macros are right around where yours will be when I start bulking.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Not ridiculous at all man, when you consider it as a percentage of total calories needed for you to gain weight it makes sense. Hows your body fat looking? I think 360g protein/450g carb with fat under 100g is a solid amount, usually my macros are right around where yours will be when I start bulking.
Thanks for the reply! bodyfat is still in good shape abs still visible when flexed and I'm happy with where I am for a continued bulk. I just get worried about macros when it's time to gain due to being overweight my whole childhood. Like I said above I have hit a sticking point at 200 I was just looking to see what others thought about that carb level and if it would be better to raise the fat and lower some carbs or if 70g was sufficient. I feel while on Cycle I should limit fat due to not needing it for hormonal production and higher carbs for protein sparing effects with a high protein level to get more out of my gear in relation to protein synthesis

PILL

Awards
Sounds like you've figured it out. 9 times out of 10 not gaining weight or a plateau is just a lack of calories, IMO.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
I would recommend adding fats. Fats are terribly unappreciated by many in the bodybuilding world, with many benefits beyond just being an easy way to add calories. By adding fats instead of carbs, you keep your insulin levels lower, and cut down on bloat. Add a tbs of olive, coconut, or red palm oil to each meal. Not only will it get you gaining again, you may well find yourself feeling a lot better than if you add more carbs

WILL_I_AM

WILL_I_AM

Awards
Fats are going to be important as mentioned by others. Carbs will add the bloat and puffy bulk look which often times results in more lost weight on the following cut cycle. Fats help ensure a higher caloric intake because fats such as nuts or peanut butter are very dense in calories per serving. So you can eat less but still get the calories needed to fuel a workout because of the caloric density of fatty foods.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Fats are going to be important as mentioned by others. Carbs will add the bloat and puffy bulk look which often times results in more lost weight on the following cut cycle. Fats help ensure more of the muscle is legit and fed by calories.
I don't quite agree with you there.some of your post just doesn't make since for example your last sentence was almost idiotic. How do fat grams lead to more legit muscle and fed calories?! Lol sorry bro anyone have some science for me as to what would be more beneficial?

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
There is a lot of factors in creating an anabolic environment: diet, training, supps, super supps, etc. But what I have my clients do very often when they have stalled and I believe its because of a lack of calories, is to have them add a tbs of olive oil to a few meals a day. Try it brother, that should get you going

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
change up your workout routine and shock the muscles to growth. switch it up every few weeks or so. even every other workout in same area.
do you do that?

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
change up your workout routine and shock the muscles to growth. switch it up every few weeks or so. even every other workout in same area.
do you do that?
I usually switch routines based on progression I have been on the Same program during my whole cycle but I'm still progressing on my lifts. I feel switching programs to quickly doesn't allow you to achieve your absolute best on that program. Thoughts?

PILL

Awards
I usually switch routines based on progression I have been on the Same program during my whole cycle but I'm still progressing on my lifts. I feel switching programs to quickly doesn't allow you to achieve your absolute best on that program. Thoughts?
I've always felt similarly to this. Other than swapping out different lifts or modalities I tend to stay with the same program for around 6 months.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
I think in most cases, people switch up their routines WAY too much. To get muscle to grow, you have to push past the initial neural adaptations that give you quick improvements in new exercises. Its when you increase load more and more beyond what neural adaptation can account for, that you force hypertrophy

MikeSisco

Awards
Genthoseffect is completely right. The majority of strength gains made on a program are neural adaptations, meaning your body gets better and more efficient at recruiting motor units.
You don't need to switch programs nearly as often as many people tend to believe

wray98

wray98

Awards
Add healthy fats, coconut oil on your rice, sweet potatoes, chicken and eggs, plus they will all taste better in my opinion. I add olive oil into make shakes if I have a shake, I prefer liquid eggwhites over powders though. If you are bulking you can't go wrong with using healthy fats wisely! Hope it helps..