Recent cut, looking to bulk and need some help!

avenged43

Awards
Hello everyone, so just to start off I recently cut from 187 to 155 in the last 2 months. I feel great after spending the last 2 years caught up in college and work finally getting the time to focus on my health and cut the pounds. I used alphamine during the time and reacted to it well. Everyday I did intense HIIT jump roping and never lifted or anything. I lost the weight I was looking to lose but now.... its just begun. After losing the weight I started getting the urges I think we all get after an accomplishment to want more. I feel pretty small now and want to bulk up my muscles. I don't want the fat muscle look, I want the ripped muscle look. During my cut I was at about 1900 calories a day. As of today I looked into my meals and my macros are now
2650 calories
74 fat
175 carbs
300 protien

I am looking for advice for getting a generally ripped look. I am very dedicated in everything I do so if someone can help "adjust" my macros if necessary and help me to come up with a good workout plan for a monday-sunday schedule I would greatly appreciate it! :veryhappy:

Also dying to get rid of my tits guys.... :box: Keep that in mind if anyone is willing to help with a workout plan!

20140310_130810.jpg
20140310_130823.jpg
20140520_112534.jpg
20140520_113424.jpg

Threw in some before and afters to show you "size" as of now, just started upping my macros today so any positive input would be appreciated! Also dying to get rid of the tits guys.... keep that in mind .... :box:

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recommend you continue cutting if you want the lean muscle look. you did real well so far.. so keep at it for a couple more months. you might want to add some thermoxyn to the supplement regimine. it will help you maintain mass with both lemon verbeana and forskolin. combined with its other ingredients its a real powerhouse just like alphamine only different. once you get down to about 10-12% body fat that's when I think you should be thinking about bulking.
as far as the tits ... its just body fat I see. just lose more fat.. if it bothers you, you can always get a surgery performed to remove some of that fatty tissue. otherwise do work until your happy.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Always great advice ^^^^

Im not a fan of cutting then going straight into full bulk mode. I would slowly add calories while continuing with cardio

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Were you high body fat originally? You lost roughly 4lbs a week...

avenged43

Awards
Were you high body fat originally? You lost roughly 4lbs a week...
honestly I don't know, back when I was doing sports 2 years ago I was only 10%..... but now I have no idea haven't had a caliper test or anything along those lines in the last 2 years after getting caught up in college and work full time....

avenged43

Awards
I recommend you continue cutting if you want the lean muscle look. you did real well so far.. so keep at it for a couple more months. you might want to add some thermoxyn to the supplement regimine. it will help you maintain mass with both lemon verbeana and forskolin. combined with its other ingredients its a real powerhouse just like alphamine only different. once you get down to about 10-12% body fat that's when I think you should be thinking about bulking.
as far as the tits ... its just body fat I see. just lose more fat.. if it bothers you, you can always get a surgery performed to remove some of that fatty tissue. otherwise do work until your happy.
Should I focus 100% on cardio only? Or should I raise calories and also lift to maintain? Or should I focus on lifting and cardio on the side? When I was cutting it was 100% cardio every day of the week, I never lifted at all. As of this past month I kept my calories the same and have been lifting and put on about 6 pounds and have a more then noticeable size difference in my upper arms. Also took my 3 rep bench from 100 to 140 in the last month while maintaining my previous low calories. It wasnt until now I wanted to change the macros / calories but what should I do as far as lifting / cardio goes at this point?

Also can I stack alphamine with thermoxyn?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lift weights like there is no tomorrow.

Do cardio only to help aid in weight loss.

Keep diet tight.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would not take them together.. you could use 1 in the morning and the other in the afternoon.
lifting weights should be your priority. gaining mass will help you get leaner in the end so, always train with weights. to keep it simple you could do a full body routine on mon weds fri and fill in the openings with some HIIT.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I agree with everyone else, drop some more bf% before you bulk, just make sure your diet is right. Good work so far though.

avenged43

Awards
Lift weights like there is no tomorrow.

Do cardio only to help aid in weight loss.

Keep diet tight.
So if I lift hard, and do cardio on off days and to help "aid" in weight loss, should I be in calorie surplus or deficit?

avenged43

Awards
I would not take them together.. you could use 1 in the morning and the other in the afternoon.
lifting weights should be your priority. gaining mass will help you get leaner in the end so, always train with weights. to keep it simple you could do a full body routine on mon weds fri and fill in the openings with some HIIT.
Thanks so much for the help so far, if I am going to do Hiit on off days and lift hard should I be in a calorie deficit or surplus to lose body fat?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would be a maintenance for you're weight. With cardio and weights both your stool burn through maintenance into a deficit

avenged43

Awards
Would be a maintenance for you're weight. With cardio and weights both your stool burn through maintenance into a deficit
Sounds great! Thank you very much for the fast response appreciate it a lot. As far as me being pretty active every day with my job and all (I power walk all day at work about 30 hours a week) would my 2630 calories, 74 fat, 175 carbs, and 300 protein be adequate for my maintenance? When I did the math my maintenance calories was around 2500-2700 calories ?

Also is it okay on my lift days to do a morning fasted HIIT rope session before doing my weights like 5 hours later in the day? Or should I only do HIIT cardio after lifts?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems close yah

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would do HIIT on off days from lifting.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
by arranging the HIIT on off days you will actually help your muscles losen up and perhaps contribute to much less delayed onset muscle soreness from the prior days lifting. remember to keep a journal to keep track of your gym progress so you can maximize this "noob gains" period. meaning you will need to challenge yourself at each work out to illicit a response of muscle growth. if you begin to stall out on the weights you can drop a day of HIIT a week until your back to making strength gains. I cant stress enough that acquiring muscle mass is a slow process and you really wont be gaining mass while you are still cutting. but you can make strength gains if you pay attention to your body. if you watch your training journal u can chart the things that make you stronger vs weaker. try to be strong.. always. if your not strong on any given day you may have gotten too low in calorie intake or done too many HIIT sessions for the week. learn to identify those things that effect your progress.

avenged43

Awards
by arranging the HIIT on off days you will actually help your muscles losen up and perhaps contribute to much less delayed onset muscle soreness from the prior days lifting. remember to keep a journal to keep track of your gym progress so you can maximize this "noob gains" period. meaning you will need to challenge yourself at each work out to illicit a response of muscle growth. if you begin to stall out on the weights you can drop a day of HIIT a week until your back to making strength gains. I cant stress enough that acquiring muscle mass is a slow process and you really wont be gaining mass while you are still cutting. but you can make strength gains if you pay attention to your body. if you watch your training journal u can chart the things that make you stronger vs weaker. try to be strong.. always. if your not strong on any given day you may have gotten too low in calorie intake or done too many HIIT sessions for the week. learn to identify those things that effect your progress.
One of the best replies I have seen thus far on this forum, greatly appreciate all your help! Gonna get this **** on lock and stick with it and hopefully post up a thanks later on down the road :]

ReedSkin

ReedSkin

Awards
^^^ Ripper is hitting the nail on the head, I suggest a 8x8 training schedule, don't be afraid of the weights, they are your god now. My fiancé doesn't even do cardio anymore but twice a week. She likes 10sets10reps training and sprints with me when it's season.... If you don't have muscle to show, you can get all the fat off you want, you will never show something that's not there. Good luck and good work!

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
Don't go straight from 1900 calories to 2700 ... Lift weights like a mad man and increase calories 200 per week until you reach the number you stated.

Mickeyh34

Mickeyh34

Awards
Low carbs. High clean protein and a lot of it (grilled chicken tuna etc) STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR AND FRIED FOODS THEYRE YOUR ENEMY. DO CARDIO. work hard buddy and stay focused

Jeffsolo

Jeffsolo

Awards
Low carbs on a bulk? I wouldn't go down this route. Introduce them slowly after a cut, but carbs are your friend whilst bulking

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Low carbs on a bulk? I wouldn't go down this route. Introduce them slowly after a cut, but carbs are your friend whilst bulking
I totally agree

IronTitan41

IronTitan41

Awards
i wouldnt suggest bulking up unless you at least can see your abs

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wonderful post! I agree 100%.

I would keep cutting. While you are cutting, make sure to hit the weights HARD. Once fat is gone, you will be able to see muscle...that's when the fun starts. Clean bulk from there.