help!

louis19

louis19

Awards
im on a lean bulk but iv started losing weight again after putting it on! my macros are a 50/30/20 (c/p/f) split and im taking in 3600 cals a day. im currently running a cycle of 800mg test blend, 400mg tren and 400mg mast a week and im 5 weeks in. iv gained 6kg in my first month but now my weight is slowly dropping! why? what should i do? and how?

stats:

age 28
height 5'10"
weight 185lbs
bf 12%

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
With that much gear there should be almost no way to lose weight unless you're not eating anywhere near your maintenance kcals... with 125 test and 350 tren on a 500kcal deficit I was still gaining 1/4-1/2lb ew...

Are you tracking your foods or just guessing? You could be severely underestimating kcals if not actually weighing/tracking foods. The simple solution is just eat waaayyyyyy more then you are currently and keep adding food until you start putting on too much fat.

louis19

louis19

Awards
yeah im using a calorie tracker to follow my intake

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
double down foo! ... srs eat more food. lots more. your cycle is laughing at the tiny amount of food you are giving it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
how many cals would u suggest?
Add at least 500 kcals. 1000 would be even better. If you want to keep it lean, add 500 each week until you're gaining too much fat

louis19

louis19

Awards
so go upto about 4000 on a 50/30/20 (c/p/f) split?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
so go upto about 4000 on a 50/30/20 (c/p/f) split?
The split is really personal preference/ trial and error. Total kcals is more important in a bulk anyways as long as you're getting adequate protein and fats.

The easiest way to go is 1.5-2g/lb of protein, .4g/lb of fats and then whatever kcals remain you can eat in carbs.
So, for example a 200lb guy:
1.5 -2g/lb P = 300 to 400g *4kcal/g = 1200 to 1600kcal
.4g/lb F = 80g *9kcal/g = 720kcal
4000kcal - 720kcal(fat) - 1200 to 1600kcal(pro) = 2080 to 1680kcal (carbs) / 4kcal/g = 520 to 420g carbs

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What these fine fellas said, if you're dropping while watching religiously you're obviously not getting enough cals. 500 would be a good place to start and see if you at least stabilize with that.

louis19

louis19

Awards
thanks guys im gonna bump my calories up 500 a day n go from there. to be honest i was just unsure about the effects of the stack on my metabolism and as i want to remain a s lean as possible i dont want to over do the bulk but i guess if 500 is too much il drop it by 250 n start again

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
thanks guys im gonna bump my calories up 500 a day n go from there. to be honest i was just unsure about the effects of the stack on my metabolism and as i want to remain a s lean as possible i dont want to over do the bulk but i guess if 500 is too much il drop it by 250 n start again
Running a cycle won't increase your metabolism. It will increase your nutrient partitioning and uptake so it should basically build muscle even at what would normally be maintenance kcals or slightly below. All of your food is just used more efficiently so if you're losing weight it had to be due to diet, not the roids

louis19

louis19

Awards
been upto 4100cals a week now, dropped another 2lb :-( in weight.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Are you doing cardio?

Add more food?

Are you eating whole food?

Make a big A*S mass gainer shake right before bed and chill with that, or what I do is mass gainz with almond butter and whole milk with ice in a blender.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Veaderko, Have you tried a Mass Gainer such as Mass Gainz? Thats what I will be using for a lean bulk soon enough