macros/calories on cycle

louis19

louis19

Awards
how do you guys work out your calorie intake/macros when on a cycle as opposed to doing it natural?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Whats your goal?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tend to increase proteins and carbs and reduce fats. This is pretty common in bodybuilding I might add.

Ur muscle protein synthesis (MPS) increases with steroids so u can eat more protein more often and still be able to utilize it effectively. High amounts of GH also make MPS rise sharply.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
when on cycle your likely to be able to use 20 x Body weight with out gaining much fat. starting there and staying there for a couple weeks will tell you if your close or not.
frankly when your bulking, you should be taking two big sh!ts a day. other wise your not eating enough.

A

Akol

Awards
when on cycle your likely to be able to use 20 x Body weight with out gaining much fat. starting there and staying there for a couple weeks will tell you if your close or not.
frankly when your bulking, you should be taking two big sh!ts a day. other wise your not eating enough.
Man...if you're able to use 20x body weight without gaining much fat then you, my friend, are a BEAST!:scared1: Hahaha.

I start out my cycle at about 500-600 cal over maintenance, using ~1.5-1.6g/lb protein, ~90-110g fat and the rest carbs. Over the first few weeks I increase calories by about 100cal/week (25g protein/week) until I reach 2g/lb then continue increasing by 100cal/week mainly with carbs but also keeping protein about 2g/lb. After My last pin, I maintain my calorie intake throughout PCT. Once PCT is over I go back down to maintenance for a few weeks and then decide if I want to cut or bulk

I hope that makes sense. Its a lot less complicated than it sounds. It has worked extremely well for me.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
I'm going to be taking hdrol, so I plan on being like 400 over my maintenance. I want a lean bulk, but not a really lean bulk like epi or anything like that. I was loosing weight effectively -500 of my maintenance. I have increased my cal intake 100cal/day until I've reached 3000. Pretty pumped to get this sucker started in a week. Each day is passing so slow...

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Man...if you're able to use 20x body weight without gaining much fat then you, my friend, are a BEAST!:scared1: Hahaha.

I start out my cycle at about 500-600 cal over maintenance, using ~1.5-1.6g/lb protein, ~90-110g fat and the rest carbs. Over the first few weeks I increase calories by about 100cal/week (25g protein/week) until I reach 2g/lb then continue increasing by 100cal/week mainly with carbs but also keeping protein about 2g/lb. After My last pin, I maintain my calorie intake throughout PCT. Once PCT is over I go back down to maintenance for a few weeks and then decide if I want to cut or bulk

I hope that makes sense. Its a lot less complicated than it sounds. It has worked extremely well for me.
very solid advice man

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
My macros I keep the same. The only thing that changes is the total calories. During a bulk and on cycle, a lot of the time I will simply add a Mass Gainz shake. 500 easy calories. I also have an issue consuming a lot of extra food with my schedule so it works great for me.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
My macros I keep the same. The only thing that changes is the total calories. During a bulk and on cycle, a lot of the time I will simply add a Mass Gainz shake. 500 easy calories. I also have an issue consuming a lot of extra food with my schedule so it works great for me.
If your calories increase how does your macro breakdown stay the same?

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure he means he keeps his macro split the same. Like 40/40/20, then raises calories by say 500 while keeping the 40/40/20 split.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Most people I know will increase protein and carbs while reducing fats, as you have a direct increase in hormones now instead of needing the fats to produce the hormones. You want an overall increase in calories either way.

louis19

louis19

Awards
would you guys drop carbs/cals on rest days or keep them the same?

louis19

louis19

Awards
im pretty lean at 12% bf so il stick to the same for now

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
what compound are we talking?

louis19

louis19

Awards