Need some advice

a.beirnetulsk

a.beirnetulsk

Awards
I'm only new to this gym life and loving it so far

I've been in the gym for 3 months now just want to see what you guys have to say about my work out plan & diet. I'm not sure if I have gained any weight as I fluctuate between 74-76kg but I defiantly look as if I have put on a small bit of muscle.

This is the work out plan I do but I have changed the rest day mid week to a core workout day to build my abs
Sorry can't upload a link because I'm only a new-by but il give you a quick idea
Mon- chest + triceps
Tues- back + biceps
Wens- core abs workout
Thurs- shoulder + forearms
Friday-leg
Sat- rest
Sunday- rest
With my work out most excises I do 3 sets of 10 with a weight that pushes me to my limit so at the end of my day I'm fairly rattled especially after doing a 10 hours shift labouring

I work nights in construction so this is how my diet goes
5pm breakfast
-1 slice if whole meal toast with cheese and Afew slices of tomato + a bit of spread eg mayo or capsicum spread
-glass of orange juice
-3 boiled eggs (1 whole 2 whites)
-100g of low fat muslie cereal
-200g of natural Greek yogurt
-fish oil capsule + multi vit tab

Start work at 6.30pm

7.30pm
-natural peanut butter & jam sandwich on whole meal bread and some almonds

10pm
-grilled salmon + 125g of organic brown rice

1.30am
-2 scoops of natural gold standard whey protien + creatine shake with water

3.30-4.00am
-1 breast of chicken + mix veg(broccoli, carrot, pea, sweetcorn, cauliflower, potato) in a casserole or curry ect

-gym

7-7.30 post workout
-banana + 2 scoops of whey protein shake

a.beirnetulsk

a.beirnetulsk

Awards
Basically what I'm looking for is some1 to tell me is my diet good/bad what to change in eating times what to eat when ect

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
What is your TDEE? What is the macro split you have shown?

Why the banana? Are you looking for quick carbs? A banana is loaded with fructose which wont help you. If you want to do fruit, look into fruit that is high in sucrose and low in fructose. Google works great here. An even easier way would be to just make your own mass gaining shake, or look into Mass Gainz.

a.beirnetulsk

a.beirnetulsk

Awards
Haven't worked any of that out pal, all I know is I'm eating close to 3000 cals a day, I eat the banana because I use to take complex carbs in a shake with my protein post work out but I can't afford it so I replace it with the banana? Bad idea?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really would not be concerned about a banana messing anything up- diet looks pretty solid. I don't like your gym routine, though. It is random and does not look efficient. You are starting out and really want to concentrate on compound lifts as your primary and run a proven program. To this day, I feel that starting strength has remained as one of the most effective and easiest to follow programs for novices into lifting.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really would not be concerned about a banana messing anything up- diet looks pretty solid. I don't like your gym routine, though. It is random and does not look efficient. You are starting out and really want to concentrate on compound lifts as your primary and run a proven program. To this day, I feel that starting strength has remained as one of the most effective and easiest to follow programs for novices into lifting.
This is some good advice OP. Run something like 5x5 or Starting Strength (or anything similar) and reap those gains while you can. Building a strong (lol sorry for the pun) base will lead to better results in the long run too. Core doesn't really need its own whole day, you could easily tack on something quick and efficient to each day of your split, if you even felt the need on one of the suggested programs above. :)

I think the diet doesn't look to bad. If you like how it is set up currently I'd stick with that, with the only caveat being maybe slowly increase the serving sizes of some of those meals if you aren't gaining any weight (and would like to).

a.beirnetulsk

a.beirnetulsk

Awards
This is some good advice OP. Run something like 5x5 or Starting Strength (or anything similar) and reap those gains while you can. Building a strong (lol sorry for the pun) base will lead to better results in the long run too. Core doesn't really need its own whole day, you could easily tack on something quick and efficient to each day of your split, if you even felt the need on one of the suggested programs above. :) I think the diet doesn't look to bad. If you like how it is set up currently I'd stick with that, with the only caveat being maybe slowly increase the serving sizes of some of those meals if you aren't gaining any weight (and would like to).
Sorry mate what's a 5x5 or starting strength?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Its really about calories in vs. calories out and what those calories consist of (Fat, Protein, or Carbs). Rather than when you ingest them.

a.beirnetulsk

a.beirnetulsk

Awards
I calculated my TDEE and it is 3294 so think I may have to up my meal sizes il calculate it at the weekend.

a.beirnetulsk

a.beirnetulsk

Awards
Would it be okay to do swimming on my of days like a Tuesday and Thursday?to reduce my bodyfat %?

a.beirnetulsk

a.beirnetulsk

Awards
Would it be okay to swim on say a Tuesday and Thursday? I started the 5x5 today! Just would like to add cardio to it to take down my bodyfat %