Bulk eat every day or workout days?

avenged43

Awards
Hello everyone :) I just got done a 2 month cut on alphamine and dropped 180 down to 155 and now im starting a bulk phase, Im still on burn 24 atm and am looking to get a lean built look. Should I eat well and healthy on none workout days and more surplus like on workout days or just go HAM on the cals every day? Starting tommorow I will be intaking creatine everyday along with whey. Thank you everyone for your input.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Slow n Steady wins the race.

You cut fast, you lose muscle fast.
You bulk fast, you get fat fast.

Only my opinion bro.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I find it easier to stay consistent everyday

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
i used to follow the lean gains approach, and felt i was just spinning my wheels. switched to keeping ED the same macros and same cals daily, and i found my results to happen quicker, and easier to track since the massive weight fluctuations between low carb / high carb had my head going crazy if i was gaining or losing i like a small surplus so i'm gaining .5 lb a week. I believe lyle mcdonald wrote that 2-4 lbs of muscle is what one can expect in a month, assuming you've been training for awhile, as beginners will get gains much faster. for me the best surplus has been about 200-300 calories. limited fat gain, slow and steady results. although i really think an underrated part of "bulking" is the rest / recuperation factor and for training you really gotta push for pr's encourage that LBM growth. just as much as you gotta keep intensity to preserve lbm when cutting thats my .02
So basically what i said, except yours was Fancy! Lol

max d

Awards
  • Established
If your a beginer you can expect 2-4 lbs muscle a month but if you have been workingout for a couple years realistically its 5-10 lbs a year and if you get to 5 years of consistant lifting I wouldn't expect more than 5 lbs of muscle in a year. This all assumes you stick to being natural.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to bulk fast over the period of 7-8 weeks and would put on 10-12lbs every spring. IMO, it only works to do everyday and it is actually off days that are the most important. It can be difficult to just start adding in all the extra calories, so it can start with the addition of 500cal a day and start to ramp up. Now, depending on your normal walk around weight, that may just be a recomp level, but you need to get to your baseline first to properly calculate.

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
I've tried both approaches. I've done all out bulks and put on some serious mass (and body fat) and I've done "Clean" bulk and kept body fat under control and still put on lean muscle mass.

At the end of the day I found them BOTH equally effective. The all out bulk is a lot of fun, it's great to eat tons of food and gain some weight, but the down side is when it's time to cut, it's tougher and takes longer.

From now on, after experience and research (particularly Layne Norton's great info) I will be doing more steady "clean" gains and after this competition season I'll try some "reverse dieting" ... My goal is to stay within 6-8 weeks of competition ready, while putting on quality muscle mass (so obviously keeping body fat on the low end)

JJB1

JJB1

Awards
Keep calories high even on non training days as those are the days your muscle are repairing and healing so the extra nutrients are necessary.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or Carb Cycle

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
bulk eat every day if eating. but eat healthy. add extra fresh olive oil to everything you can, and eat lots of nuts.