Calorie estimation

mbaddy9

Awards
I'm trying to calculate the calories I need daily to achieve my goals by the end of the summer.
Stats: age 20 6'2'' 183lbs bench max 245lb. Tdee 5170
I would like to reach 200 lbs by the end of August before I go back to school. What do y'all think would be an optimal calorie intake estimation.

bowskie

bowskie

Awards
Find a good calorie calculator .calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html and fill in your stats. Increase your maintenance calories from 200-500 and monitor your progress. If you're gaining 1-2lbs per week and maintain muscle mass then you're all set!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
With that TDEE, eat until you're sick. Then eat some more. Then force a little bit more in. The simple formula for bulking is to add 500-1000kcal to your maintenance cals so you're looking at 5500-6000 minimum. I assume you're pretty lean/fast metabolism so you may be able to, and truly need to, go much higher (1500+). It's really trial and error though. If you eat for a week +500 and dont gain any weight, bump to 1000 and continue that process until you're gaining at a rate you're happy with or putting on too much fat (at which point back off a bit - 100-200 at a time)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Find a good calorie calculator .calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html and fill in your stats. Reduce your maintenance calories from 200-500 and monitor your progress. If you're losing 1-2lbs per week and maintain muscle mass then you're all set!
He's trying to bulk

Noutster

Noutster

Awards
All depends on your metabolism/workout/daily work
I have to eat about 4500 calories to gain some.. Try it out and see what sorts for you

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With that TDEE, eat until you're sick. Then eat some more. Then force a little bit more in. The simple formula for bulking is to add 500-1000kcal to your maintenance cals so you're looking at 5500-6000 minimum. I assume you're pretty lean/fast metabolism so you may be able to, and truly need to, go much higher (1500+). It's really trial and error though. If you eat for a week +500 and dont gain any weight, bump to 1000 and continue that process until you're gaining at a rate you're happy with or putting on too much fat (at which point back off a bit - 100-200 at a time)
I agree here... a good rule of thumb is, if your NOT taking two big ole dumps a day then you are not eating enough.. conversely you could also say that if your NOT full, uncomfortable, bloated, along with sore teeth (from all the chewing),you are still not eating enough. see were im going with this..? every single time someone says I cant gain weight... its always because they are not eating enough calories.
add some IFN Mass Gains to your shopping list for an easy and delicious 400 + calories per shake!