The Importance of Water Weight

fastballfire

Awards
Introduction

What's good everyone? Been a long time reader and thanks to you all I have been able to train hard and train right. The tips here are gold for someone who is serious about training. I love the no bulls*** mentality.

So long story short, I'm currently bulking and trying to add weight to my body to help my velocity (I'm a pitcher). I am throwing 88-91 mph and figured if I can add some nice weight to my legs and core I can hum that baby 95. Got an offer from the scouting dept saying if I can sit 90-93, they will ship my a** out to Puerto Rico for some winter league fun. Cue the calories.

During my college career, I never was a fan of creatine. It always made my joints, mainly my UCL, really tight and sore. After education, I concluded it was because I wasn't nearly taking in enough water to support my joints AND my muscles, organs, etc. Anyways, I'm back on the creatine and downing an easy gallon of water with around 3,500 calories a day. I'm about four weeks in. I got until October. No prisoners when tempted with the gold.

Question

Obviously, I'm starting to bloat from water retention and perpetually being filled to the brim with clean eats. I personally love it now, but it did get me thinking. A lot of AAS are known to increase water retention like your dbols, anadrols, and decas. Creatine also increases your water retention as well AND increases strength, although wayyyy less than your AAS do. My biggest question is: Scientifically speaking, why is there such a strong relationship between water retention and strength/increased muscle mass? What purpose does increased water retention have on the human body?

If I were to guess, I would say that increased water retention allows for increased solubility of nutrients from blood vessels into muscle. I kinda view muscles like plants. No soil (food) = no gains. No water = no gains. No hot ass to smash on weekends (sunlight) = no gains. Thanks for your input, I look forward to hearing from you all!

Peace,

Fastball

bowskie

bowskie

Awards
Water increases intracellular volume and stretches the fascia of the muscle fibers. In turn this leads to an increase in nutrients that can be shuttled in for strength and mass gains. The water in your muscle bellies also help to pull in these vital nutrients for a great nutrient partitioning effect.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Water increases intracellular volume and stretches the fascia of the muscle fibers. In turn this leads to an increase in nutrients that can be shuttled in for strength and mass gains. The water in your muscle bellies also help to pull in these vital nutrients for a great nutrient partitioning effect.

What he said..^^^^ 100%