Cardio with 5 3 1

Zekdawg

Awards
I'm currently running a 5 3 1 program, goign to be hitting wave D 4 weeks in. I was curious though, I'm an atrocious runner, and I have a navy PRT coming up, although i can still pass id like to score an excellent so i want to star running at least 2-3 times a week. I'm trying to bulk up at the moment and no running is a gainz killer, how would i accomodate this extra cardio? Just eat a little more carbs that particular day?

Thanks

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HIIT. 2 - 3 times a week. My wife is in the Army and scores a perfect every time now after I showed her how to do HIIT workouts. Best way to maintain size and build stronger cardio.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with HIIT. In the long run, it'll allow u to actually get bigger as it builds up ur arterial density. Not to mention get u leaner.

Zolelr

Awards
I'm doing 531 as well. I throw in 2 3 mile jogs/runs. I do my rougher run after my 531 squat day and the other lighter 3 mile run on the day after deadlifting. Recovery hasn't been a issue with me so far *knock on wood* :)

ODoyle99

Awards
HIIT would be best. Although I don't see anything wrong with long distance runs. Just up your calories that day