Lean Bulk Advice - AnabolicMinds.com

Lean Bulk Advice

1. New Member

Lean Bulk Advice

Hey guys it's been awhile since my last post and I'm just finishing up a cutting cycle and I've seen good results from it. But now it's time to add some weight and I want to do a lean bulk( last bulk was not even close to lean) and was just looking for some help or advice if any. I'm 5'7 at 148 and I have a diet my manager gave me and wanted to see what your thoughts were on it. It's as follows:

Meal 1
    2 whole eggs+ 8 egg whites (Raw)
    1 cup raw old fashioned rolled oats
    1/3 cup raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
    2 grams fish oil

Meal 2
    7 oz. (pre-cooked weight) top round steak
    1 cup broccoli, kale, or similar veggie
    1 cup raw almonds or pecans

Meal 3 (pre workout)
    7 oz. (pre-cooked weight) chicken breast
    7 oz. sweet potato
    1 cup broccoli, kale, green beans or similar veggie
    2 grams fish oil

Meal 4
    7 oz. (pre-cooked weight) chicken breast
    1 cup (cooked) quinoa
    1 cup kale, broccoli, or similar veggie
    1 oz. raw almonds or pecans

Meal 5
    7 oz. (pre-cooked weight) top round steak
    1 cup (cooked) quinoa
    1 cup kale, green beans, similar veggie

Meal 6
    2 whole eggs+ 8 egg whites (omelette)
    1 cup omelette veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.)

-Supplements- fish oil, M5, Cellucor N.O.3 chrome, Cellucor N.O. Extreme (pre-workout)

I use the my fitness pal app to track calls but this isn't tailored to my macros because it was made for my manager. Is it a necessity to follow macros on a bulk? And I currently have a 6 day gym split for training but may change to like a push, pull, legs routine if it'd suit a bulk better. Any advice, comments appreciated and thanks.

2. New Member

I'm not sure if it is a necessity to track macros while bulking but I always have. I would say that it's safe to do so.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soorma37 View Post
    I'm not sure if it is a necessity to track macros while bulking but I always have. I would say that it's safe to do so.
    To me, tracking macros is necessary on a "lean" bulk due to the fact that you are concerned with quality over quantity. If you do not track it will be difficult to know what and when to adjust your nutrient intake.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I would have to agree that you must track macros, after all being a lean bulk and not a dirty bulk this is a controlled diet, for controlled results. I like what you have outlined, however you can do well with 4-5 meals instead of the 6. Also, the one cup of almonds is a bit much, try half a cup. You should shoot for 175g protein a day, with minimal carbs and fats. Keep an eye on bodyfat with calipers every week or two and adjust your diet according to goals/progress.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.

Remember as your lean mass increases your calories need to as well
  6. New Member

So I'll track my macros then. But like I said it was made by a trainer for my boss he's into bb. But i was considering making into less meals at the same among of food. The problem is I take a medication for ADD that really suppresses my appetite so it's a real challenge to eat large portions. It's easy to cut because I made up my diet mostly of protein. That's why I was thinking about starting it at the end of April because I'll be out of school and can go without taking my rx. Why does the almond/pecans seem a bit much? Jw for future reference
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.

I get those containers of 100% egg whites since they are pasteurized and blend them with fat free Greek yogurt and raspberries and coconut water. Easy high protein drink. The thing about tracking your macros is, you know what you need and with a little creativity you can make meals that you enjoy and are easy to drink like the shake above and still provide your body with the nutrients it needs to achieve your goals.
  8. New Member

I personally do not track, and don't really feel the need to. If you know all the food you're eating in a day is good, then you should be secure in the knowledge that it's a lean bulk, but remember I'm not one that cares so much about physique, I'm more interested in function and athleticism.
  9. New Member

I would continue to track your macros to help you stay on track. However, if you have a bad day and over eat in one area or in all areas don't sweat it. Bulking is more forgiving in the long run than cutting. It also comes down to how disciplined you are; some need a stricter, written out plan while others don't so much. Everyone is different.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

seeing as how you have a hard time eating large portions try iForce Mass Gains.
    it contains only 6 whole food ingredients and makes you a tastey 500 cal shake.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  11. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would add more types of meats to ur diet. At least one type of fish and perhaps occasionally pork loin.

There is value in having a variety to each day's meal schedule. Also, be sure to include a broad range of amino acid profiles in ur diet. You've got eggs, chicken and beef. Perhaps adding fish, pork, deer and a timed release protein powder would do well in adding quality muscle mass.

Supplementing each meal with an amino acid complex is also an option.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice on my lean bulk diet plan
    By Bolicnewb in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 08:10 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 03:23 PM
  4. My new Lean/Bulk Diet**Ideas/advice plz
    By ssor1005 in forum Weight Loss