100g Carbs Preworkout in one meal....

LB_Patriot

Awards
Im currently bulking, at 176lbs right now, have a faster than normal metabolism, and my insulin levels and fluctuations are at a normal level. I train in the morning exclusively and usually train within and hour or 2 of waking. This prevents me from getting meals in before my wo.

A buddy of mine was trying to tell me that 100+ carbs at one meal cannot possibly all be absorbed and digested for use as fuel, and guaranteed some will be stored as fat. I personally dont know if hes right or wrong so I wanted to ask some people on the boards. He knows his $hit when it comes to training and nutrition and I take his word for it usually, but this one I need some more opinions. Today was leg day, highest body demanding day, so I would think if any training day could use a lot of carbs its legs.

BTW, pre wo I had 100g carbs and post about 60g (20 in the form of candy/simple sugar, and 40g from a white potato).

Thanks all,

MiKe

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recommend you take a potent GDA like burn 24, slin sane , or other about 30-40 mins prior to slaming all those carbs.
also if your metabolism is so fast depositing a little fat during a bulk is a good thing. it means youre moving in the right direction for muscle growth.
for smaller guys with fast metabolisms (bro speak: hard gainers) putting on any weight is hard enough, but its gonna be real hard to do for you if youre trying to not gain fat at the same time.
a glucose disposal agent will help push as many carbs into the muscles as possible/ and so what if you store a little fat.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I feel sleepy just thinking about having 100g of carbs pre