Gain muscle but keep weight the same?! - AnabolicMinds.com

Gain muscle but keep weight the same?!

1. New Member

Gain muscle but keep weight the same?!

Ok so I've been doing the PHAT routine for 4 weeks now and have noticed some nice gains in strength and more definition but not so much "size" change. I know size doesn't happen over night and I am in this for the long haul. I am going to start doing high carb days on my power upper day and Chest and arms day. I will be ingesting on high days Carbs 400g, Pro 260 and and keeping fat low. Does this sound right? I have a formula i am using to get these numbers. Should I use a Mass gainer to help or proportion out with real food? I really want to stay at my 210 for now, I am 6'1". I also still have 18% bf, so i have a lot of improvement to make. Any suggestions?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

At 18% BF and weighing 210 you definitely don't need any mass gainer shakes. Whole foods are your best bet for sure but can use protein powder to help you reach your daily goals. What are you doing for calories currently?
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    At 18% BF and weighing 210 you definitely don't need any mass gainer shakes. Whole foods are your best bet for sure but can use protein powder to help you reach your daily goals. What are you doing for calories currently?
    I was sitting at 2100 but hadn't noticed and gains so I upped it to 3000.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Are you currently trying to bulk at that weight and bf% I don't know that I would up it so much unless you are. 4 weeks isn't much time to notice big size differences, stick with it and keep working hard.
  5. New Member

Are you currently trying to bulk at that weight and bf% I don't know that I would up it so much unless you are. 4 weeks isn't much time to notice big size differences, stick with it and keep working hard.
    A trainer told me I couldn't gain any more muscle if I didn't up it. I want to loose more fat before I really bulk but I'm new to all this and wasn't sure what I should do. What do you suggest?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

I would start by firing your trainer, lol. At 210 and 18% bodyfat you have alot of muscle to gain! It sounds like you're looking to recomp, which is slowly lose bodyfat while putting on muscle. To do that eat slightly above maintenance cals and work your butt off in the gym. This route definitely takes time but is doable. How long have you been lifting before starting PHAT 4 weeks ago?
  7. New Member

I would start by firing your trainer, lol. At 210 and 18% bodyfat you have alot of muscle to gain! It sounds like you're looking to recomp, which is slowly lose bodyfat while putting on muscle. To do that eat slightly above maintenance cals and work your butt off in the gym. This route definitely takes time but is doable. How long have you been lifting before starting PHAT 4 weeks ago?
    Ok I can do that! I have been lifting for around a year. I've lost 40 lbs since December of 2012 by doing light weights and cardio. About 6 months ago I started lifting heavy.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Congrats on the weight loss man! And you have plenty of growing ahead of you, 6 months of lifting heavy is but a drop in the bucket. Keep at it and you'll definitely see yourself get bigger (the good kind)
  9. New Member

Congrats on the weight loss man! And you have plenty of growing ahead of you, 6 months of lifting heavy is but a drop in the bucket. Keep at it and you'll definitely see yourself get bigger (the good kind)
    Awesome! Thanks I appreciate your help!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I recommend you recalculate your total daily energy needs and find your maintenance calorie amount and adjust the calories to about 300 over that.
    also you might want to use something like tt-33 or forskolin to help keep you leaner in the presence or extra calories.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. looking for a good diet to follow to gain muscle but keep fat off
    By mikethebeast in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 11:59 PM
  2. Gain muscle, but not fat?
    By someguy1984 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:35 AM
  3. Gaining muscle, but can't do as many pushups?
    By someguy1984 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 10:55 AM
  4. Help with bulking!! (gaining fat but not weight)
    By Chief7607 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 12:05 AM
  5. is my weight staying the same because im adding muscle?
    By iwinulose2981 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:23 AM