Need help with weight gaining.

lilbill

lilbill

Banned
Awards
I Weigh 184.5
Im 6'3 in half.
I used too weigh 145 last year an i had terrible posture now i don't but i'm still a twig. I eat everything i can get my hands on plus i take iso mass extreme weight gainer once a day. Ive almost gained 10 pounds from my first tub of isomass. So im pretty happy if anyone knows anywhere too get iso mass cheaper please pm me or quote back. Also what are some of your favorite high cal snacks?

W

Wonderbread3

Awards
I would rely on whole foods rather than massgainers to gain weight bro. Plus you can make your own "mass gainer" and save tons of money. An example of my own shake involves 2 scoops of whey, 1 cup of oats, 1 whole banana, 1 cup of whole milk and if im feeling saucy ill throw in some PB and ice cream.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I would rely on whole foods rather than massgainers to gain weight bro. Plus you can make your own "mass gainer" and save tons of money. An example of my own shake involves 2 scoops of whey, 1 cup of oats, 1 whole banana, 1 cup of whole milk and if im feeling saucy ill throw in some PB and ice cream.
This,
I'm a bigger fan of taking a quality powder and making it a higher calorie option by adding your own "clean" foods. Oats, fruits, whole milk, honey, oils/nut butters, etc.

Then you know you are getting quality fats/carbs and you can control the amounts to fit your macros.
+ a chocolate shake with banana and PB is just delicious.

lilbill

lilbill

Banned
Awards
how many cals an carbs you get out of this?

lilbill

lilbill

Banned
Awards
This, I'm a bigger fan of taking a quality powder and making it a higher calorie option by adding your own "clean" foods. Oats, fruits, whole milk, honey, oils/nut butters, etc. Then you know you are getting quality fats/carbs and you can control the amounts to fit your macros. + a chocolate shake with banana and PB is just delicious.
whats macros. Im a noob :(

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you want the best laymans way to gain weight??
easy... eat enough to make you take two big heapin steamer craps a day. srs.. if u aint poopin a couple times a day u need to eat even more food than u are.
also don't be afraid to eat some foot longs and bigmacs
look into iForces all new mass gains its loaded with serious nutrition to get it calories up, instead of sugars.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Cut out the mass gainer, your just wasting your money. There way over priced for what your getting. If you want to gain weight follow what everyone else is saying eat whole foods supps are for the more advanced.

If you want to put on some really mass just start eating (clean) like crazy. A good example diet of what I used to do when I was younger is this.

Meal 1: 6-8 whole eggs cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz meat: sausage, bacon, etc.
1/2 cup sautéed spinach (half cup after it cooks down)
300g potato cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil.

Meal 2: 6-8 oz chicken cooked in 1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup veg
100 g carbs

Meal 3: 6-8 oz chicken cooked in 1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup veg
100 g carbs

Meal 4:6-8 oz chicken cooked in 1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup veg
100 g carbs

And drink a gallon of milk over the course of the day, that's 4 cups at every meal.

That's 362g protein just from animal sources that doesn't include the other 20-30 grams your gonna get from plants and crabs.

This diet is a little extreme and you are gonna gain some fat but depending on your goals it will get you big, if you want to gain less fat throw in a little bit of cardio but only a little bit like 5-10min at most otherwise it's going to be counter productive.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
I was a hard gainer myself, I'm only 6'1" though. When I graduated high school I was 170, now about ten years later I'm 235, I trained my body to crave a meal every 2.5hrs, it takes time, but eventually you get used to eating this often. I do 7-8 meals a day that are the caloric equivalence of an 8oz chicken breast and 2 cups brown rice. I agree with what a lot of the guys are saying about the mass gainer, better to get a good quality whey and mix in ur own ingredients. Personally I do a different shake depending on when I'm having it. After the gym I do 10oz apple juice, 30 grams waxy maize, 2 scoops optimum whey and a scoop of bcaa's. Other times I usually go with 5 oz water, 5oz egg whites, a handful of kale, a handful of spinach, a banana, a scoop of whey, half cup of dry cut oats and a scoop of bcaa's. What's ur lifting schedule look like?

lilbill

lilbill

Banned
Awards
I was a hard gainer myself, I'm only 6'1" though. When I graduated high school I was 170, now about ten years later I'm 235, I trained my body to crave a meal every 2.5hrs, it takes time, but eventually you get used to eating this often. I do 7-8 meals a day that are the caloric equivalence of an 8oz chicken breast and 2 cups brown rice. I agree with what a lot of the guys are saying about the mass gainer, better to get a good quality whey and mix in ur own ingredients. Personally I do a different shake depending on when I'm having it. After the gym I do 10oz apple juice, 30 grams waxy maize, 2 scoops optimum whey and a scoop of bcaa's. Other times I usually go with 5 oz water, 5oz egg whites, a handful of kale, a handful of spinach, a banana, a scoop of whey, half cup of dry cut oats and a scoop of bcaa's. What's ur lifting schedule look like?
Ive been eating like crazy. For lunch today im eating salmon and im eating oats atm lol im a noob at all this but one day ill get it down.
Im on
17 an ive been training for almost 2 years. I did say i stared at 145 now im 184.7 so im doing good i think :,)

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Eat at a caloric surplus. Try to get most of it from whole foods, and supplement with Protean shakes. My favorite snacks are almonds personally.

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Put 1 cup of oats in blender.. Blend until powdered.

Add 1.5-2 cups of milk (adjust to desired consistency)

Add 1 banana

Add scoop of protein powder

* Optional: add natural PB
* Optional: add ground cinnamon

Blend ingredients until mixed well. And there you go. Adjust ingredients and amounts to suit yourself. Makes a fast and easy breakfast. Can drink a bigger shake for breakfasts and later in the day make smaller ones for a snack. Or whatever you want. You can literally drink an 800 calorie meal in 10 seconds.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just remember that your digestive system can only handle so much. So if your daily calorie intake is really high, space it out into at least 5-6 meals. I try to eat something every 2 hours if I can.

And work hard in the gym to create demand.

M

Markos4

Awards
This has help me alot, i used to buy mass gainers before but a guy told me to mix pb,oats with my normal protein shake and now i wont be wasting my money buying mass gainers which also have alot of sugar in it.

soorma37

soorma37

Awards
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but mass gainers are straight empty calories. I suggest that you rely on whole foods and eat, eat, eat!!

S

subz3r0

Awards
Milk is your friend if your lactose in tolerant then go for lactaid milk.

merph

merph

Awards
Some easy calorie snack ideas for ya.

Deviled/hardboiled eggs and egg salad - cook in an oven in muffin trays 350. 30 minutes later you got 2-3 dozen hardboiled eggs. For the deviled eggs I like to chop up some bacon and mix it with the yolks and mayo. I could eat these all day.

Nuts- Remember their high in fat but a handful of almonds is aprox. 1oz and about 160 calories. Handful here handful there adds up fast.

Peanut butter- I like to stick in a spoon stir it up and have a giant spoon full. Wash it down with whole milk and even more calories.

Ground beef- Cook a bunch up and put it in tupperwear containers. Top with shredded cheese and a quick microwave you have cheeseburger scramble.

If your trying to add calories mass gainers work they just cost more usually. I like to use whole foods as much as possible plus I just love to eat.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I Weigh 184.5
Im 6'3 in half.
I used too weigh 145 last year an i had terrible posture now i don't but i'm still a twig. I eat everything i can get my hands on plus i take iso mass extreme weight gainer once a day. Ive almost gained 10 pounds from my first tub of isomass. So im pretty happy if anyone knows anywhere too get iso mass cheaper please pm me or quote back. Also what are some of your favorite high cal snacks?
have you checked your thyroid function recently by blood test? if not you should.
I would highly rec a smoothy a day over a cheap gainer.
here is smoothy i like for bulking:
2 servings:
In blender:
1 banana
handfull frozen berries
2-3tbs peanutbutter or almond butter
1-2oz ( shots) of olive oil
25g raw oatmeal
75g protein powder
2tbl of crushed hemp and/or flax seeds
Blend up and drink

LOVE it. sometimes ill add an extra banana and maybe a scoop of icecream in the blender :- P

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
You said you love to eat, here's my favorite meal post workout. Realize though that this recipe is for a whole day (3 servings)

1 lb pasta (I don't bother with anything fancy)
.5 lb beef
.5 lb chicken
1 loaf of Italian bread (I add garlic butter)
Also I think the loaf is between 12 and 16 inches, not positive though. It's the one sold at Safeway if you're east coast, and Von's for the west coasters.

Tons of calories
Lots of protein
Lots of fat
Lots of carbs
And deliciousness

lilbill

lilbill

Banned
Awards
have you checked your thyroid function recently by blood test? if not you should. I would highly rec a smoothy a day over a cheap gainer. here is smoothy i like for bulking: 2 servings: In blender: 1 banana handfull frozen berries 2-3tbs peanutbutter or almond butter 1-2oz ( shots) of olive oil 25g raw oatmeal 75g protein powder 2tbl of crushed hemp and/or flax seeds Blend up and drink LOVE it. sometimes ill add an extra banana and maybe a scoop of icecream in the blender :- P
Mkay :)
I haven't ever checked my thyroid so what would that have too do with it an i have a doc appointment coming up ill get all the looked at for sure.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cut out the mass gainer, your just wasting your money. There way over priced for what your getting. If you want to gain weight follow what everyone else is saying eat whole foods supps are for the more advanced.

If you want to put on some really mass just start eating (clean) like crazy. A good example diet of what I used to do when I was younger is this.

Meal 1: 6-8 whole eggs cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz meat: sausage, bacon, etc.
1/2 cup sautéed spinach (half cup after it cooks down)
300g potato cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil.

Meal 2: 6-8 oz chicken cooked in 1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup veg
100 g carbs

Meal 3: 6-8 oz chicken cooked in 1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup veg
100 g carbs

Meal 4:6-8 oz chicken cooked in 1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup veg
100 g carbs

And drink a gallon of milk over the course of the day, that's 4 cups at every meal.

That's 362g protein just from animal sources that doesn't include the other 20-30 grams your gonna get from plants and crabs.

This diet is a little extreme and you are gonna gain some fat but depending on your goals it will get you big, if you want to gain less fat throw in a little bit of cardio but only a little bit like 5-10min at most otherwise it's going to be counter productive.
Gallon of milk every day = retarded

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
I did almost a gallon of fat free milk a day for a little while (a couple months), it makes u retain a lot of water under the skin. Now I just do a few glasses a day and 7-8 meals spaced about 2.5hrs apart

lilbill

lilbill

Banned
Awards
I did almost a gallon of fat free milk a day for a little while (a couple months), it makes u retain a lot of water under the skin. Now I just do a few glasses a day and 7-8 meals spaced about 2.5hrs apart
i can't eat 7 meals a day lol :/

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
I feel your pain. I can't eat 7 meals a day either. I have to work and I have college. Between the 8 or 9 hours at work, by the time I get home it's around 1 am and i can't eat at work

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Damn, that's the only excuse I accept, haha, when u have a job that doesn't allow you to eat, I've quit multiple jobs over them not letting me eat when I need lol. Can you do shakes while at work? Better than nothing

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
I can't do shakes at work. I have to be on the floor talking to customers or doing side work. I'm a waiter. The money makes it worth it don't get me wrong. I have no problem eating tons of good clean food in a single sitting. It just means I get off work and need to eat lol. And I can't quit this job, it pays far too much

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
I can't do shakes at work. I have to be on the floor talking to customers or doing side work. I'm a waiter. The money makes it worth it don't get me wrong. I have no problem eating tons of good clean food in a single sitting. It just means I get off work and need to eat lol. And I can't quit this job, it pays far too much
i served fine dining for four years. I was by far the highest grossing server so they gave me leniency. I didn't abuse it tho, it only takes 30 seconds to shake a shake and chug it. I wouldn't eat when it got busy but I would before and after the rush for sure and sneak in a shake during. Pre packed meals, a can of tuna, getting one of my buddies that were the chef's to make me something really quick, eating an app that was mis-ordered, I did what I had to. Plus when we would have groups of bachelorette parties or something like that I would always end up serving them shirtless in the private room, so my being more jacked actually helped the restaurant haha

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Hahahaha, yeah I just started this job so leniency isn't an option yet, but I will say, they definitely like, I do chow down on the misfired entrees, but the shifts are only 4 to 4.5 hours, and there's no side work, so I generally just eat a 1200 calorie meal before work (my usual meal is roughly 1000 cals, the extra 200 probably sounds like nothing to some of you but it really does account for the lost time) and then I eat a 1500 calorie meal after work. My daytime eating usually accounts for roughly 3000 calories before 5 pm. Then 5-10 is nothing when you factor in that opener gets cut early.