Whats better? Olive or coconut oil?

  1. Whats better? Olive or coconut oil?


    Any suggestions and why you like one over the other. Thanks.


  2. I should add that it's for my protein shakes.

  3. I just got some coconut oil yesterday and tastes great! Little pricey though.
    •   
       


  4. Olive oil have more benefit . The reason why coco oil is preferred by athletes that it doesnot cause gain fat .
    Chechen Bratva

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Noxchi View Post
    Olive oil have more benefit . The reason why coco oil is preferred by athletes that it doesnot cause gain fat .
    I dont think that entire statement is completely correct.

    Coconut oil is liked because its got mcts in it and its anti fungal iirc.

    Olive does have great benefits just dont use it to cook on high heat or it could turn into a carcinogen.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  6. Quote Originally Posted by cainb96 View Post
    I should add that it's for my protein shakes.
    Olive oil in shakes is pretty tough to drink. Like, really tough. Maybe you are different, in general I would say olive oil is "better" but in shakes it is a definite no-go to many people.
    Just try what you have available and see if it works. If not, try the other.

  7. Coconut ftw
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  8. NOW MCTs or extra virgin coconut oil (has a higher % of MCTs in it)
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

  9. They each have their benefits. Coconut oil can be used directly for energy, has fewer calories per gram, and may help fat loss if it is the crux of your dietary fat intake.

    Olive oil promotes health, thermogenesis/uncoupling expression, blood pressure support, and much more
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  10. I like to cook with coconut oil in the morning and olive oil at night to make the foods taste more robust. C-O has no flavor and a high flash point so its great for whipping into eggs and other stuff
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  11. in terms of protein shakes....i'd recommend coconut oil, i used to add coconut oil all the time to my shakes, i'm also a big fan of using coconut oil in my coffee in the morning too

  12. Quote Originally Posted by cainb96 View Post
    Any suggestions and why you like one over the other. Thanks.
    I prefer olive oil. Reason? So many health and fitness benefits its a no brainer. Way under hyped.

    Coconut oil is great too! Although you asked me which one I prefer.

    Olive oil is cheap,effective as hell and frankly has more studied benefits .

    Coconut oil is healthy too! Its very over hyped on how much of a difference it makes though. Much due to dr quack..er...oz ,media and supplement companies.

    I will use both.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  13. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    NOW MCTs or extra virgin coconut oil (has a higher % of MCTs in it)
    I use NOW's MCT oil along with coconut oil.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    I use NOW's MCT oil along with coconut oil.
    THIS!!!!

  15. I like to put coconut oil in the fridge and then break chunks of it off and eat it solid - it's like a rich white chocolate!
    Genki-Do: Because the Road to Success is Always Under Construction - genki-do.blogspot.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    They each have their benefits. Coconut oil can be used directly for energy, has fewer calories per gram, and may help fat loss if it is the crux of your dietary fat intake.

    Olive oil promotes health, thermogenesis/uncoupling expression, blood pressure support, and much more
    Yes sir!!!

    Lots of things fatty acids can do as ther are lignands for ppar

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    They each have their benefits. Coconut oil can be used directly for energy, has fewer calories per gram, and may help fat loss if it is the crux of your dietary fat intake.

    Olive oil promotes health, thermogenesis/uncoupling expression, blood pressure support, and much more
    Coconut Oil MCT's have been found to boost diet induced thermogenesis by up to 50% as well!
    Genki-Do: Because the Road to Success is Always Under Construction - genki-do.blogspot.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by ilia_p View Post

    Coconut Oil MCT's have been found to boost diet induced thermogenesis by up to 50% as well!
    It seems your new here, very good posts man. And welcome.

    Coconut oil is awesome. And yes the studies show that

  19. I use them both.

    I add olive oil to my salads (admittedly) and take it in my protein shake before bed and I add coconut oil to my post-workout shake.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  20. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    It seems your new here, very good posts man. And welcome.

    Coconut oil is awesome. And yes the studies show that
    Indeed I am, I'm looking forward to being a part of the Anabolic Minds community!
    Genki-Do: Because the Road to Success is Always Under Construction - genki-do.blogspot.com

  21. I think coconut oil would go better with Protean than olive oil would. Although I drink shots of olive oil for additional calories, I would not recommend using it in a shake.

  22. Since every coco oil I use hardens when cool I prefer heavy whipping cream or extra light olive oil. Evoo is too strong to drink.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  23. Quote Originally Posted by cainb96 View Post
    Any suggestions and why you like one over the other. Thanks.
    I like them both but you can't mix coconut oil with cold water or milk and mix it with your Protean shake. It clumps up on ya. I do cook a lot with it though

  24. I always have a spoonfull of coconut oil with my prebed shake been doing this for 6 months now
    On high fat days I normaly have 4-5 spoonfulls coconut oil then cook with olive oil

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    I always have a spoonfull of coconut oil with my prebed shake been doing this for 6 months now On high fat days I normaly have 4-5 spoonfulls coconut oil then cook with olive oil
    How? Is there a brand that doesn't solidify? Even my test is suspended in coconut oil and I have to heat it to inject otherwise it's lumpy
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  26. I just grab a spoon and eat it. You get used to it after a few days doesn't even bother me anymore if I can I do try to mix it with something makes a great replacement for butter so say tonight I may eat steak I mite put some on that since I used to use butter which there is nothing wrong with organic butter ether

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    I just grab a spoon and eat it. You get used to it after a few days doesn't even bother me anymore if I can I do try to mix it with something makes a great replacement for butter so say tonight I may eat steak I mite put some on that since I used to use butter which there is nothing wrong with organic butter ether
    Fair nuff... I love organic grass fed butter. Tastes so much better.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  28. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

    Fair nuff... I love organic grass fed butter. Tastes so much better.
    I agree I was raised on that other crap not till I got my diet in check I'd I discover that real butter is so much better

  29. Quote Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    I think coconut oil would go better with Protean than olive oil would. Although I drink shots of olive oil for additional calories, I would not recommend using it in a shake.
    Do you ever make a post without mentioning Protean? Serious..
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/261146-workout-log-2-a.html

  30. Quote Originally Posted by dkgreene88 View Post

    I like them both but you can't mix coconut oil with cold water or milk and mix it with your Protean shake. It clumps up on ya. I do cook a lot with it though
    Do you just follow layne around and mimic his posts?

    You're worse than a parrot
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Do you just follow layne around and mimic his posts? You're worse than a parrot
    I just state from my personal experience

  32. Quote Originally Posted by dkgreene88 View Post
    I just state from my personal experience
    Cmon man. People down here just want unbiased opinions..
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Cmon man. People down here just want unbiased opinions..
    In my unbiased opinion Protean is all you ever need to eat. Oils and greens are just taking money away from what you could be spending on Protean.












    Edit: The previous statement was not meant to be taken literally or as a factual statement.
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/261146-workout-log-2-a.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Whats better AS or ASGT
    By jtnba24 in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. whats better Powerfull or Restore?
    By ohiostate2827 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 07:26 PM
  3. FiniGenX Magnum or mega-trn whats better??
    By mercedesdd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 01:34 AM
  4. New and need help. What's better M14ADD or M1T?
    By TonsKGB in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:21 PM
  5. whats better OMNADREN 250 or SUSTANON 250
    By JohnnyGotJacked in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Log in
Log in