Preferred weight gain supplement

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23%

Preferred weight gain supplement

Alright, first off, I took a break from fitness when I was in the middle of relocating from Maryland to California. Got here three weeks ago and found a job about a week after I got here. I work 11 hours a day, with a lunch break thrown in there. Nutrition wise, my diet is pretty damn good, with the exception that my cheat meal is usually just that. Anyway, looking to pack it on, and I've used weight gainers in the past, as an ectomorph I started my fitness journey at 135, eventually (2 years) I got to 182-185 somewhere in that range. Looking to get back to that first (current weight is 163-165 at 6' 1"). Right now I just need sheer ****ing calories. Currently using optimum nutrition Serious Mass. However is there a product that you all here would rank higher or better quality even if less calories. The ON line has always been a staple in my supplement stack. I'm using the GNC strength vitapak (though I omit the test booster) and my diet is mainly chicken, beef, sea food, brown rice, pasta, a little bit of yogurt thrown in for the probiotics, and some ice cream every now and then.

My workout routine is the muscle and strength fast start A/B program, a full body 3x/week routine. Happy with it so far, I've successfully gained about 2 pounds this week.

Currently my caloric intake is 3040-3400
    Breakdowns are as follows:
    Protein: 170 grams
    Carbs: 340 grams
    Fats: 113 grams

Any and all comments as well as critiquing is accepted and appreciated.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.87%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Those weight gainers are loaded with a lot of simple sugars that you probably don't need. To gain, think slow and steady. Get 500 extra calories a day from whole foods so your weight gain won't all be fat. That's assuming you know what your total daily caloric expenditure is; figure that out and eat 500 calories above baseline. That will translate to an extra pound per week.

If you feel you must drink your calories, make your own shake with some ground oats, bananas, whey protein, etc. Know what you're putting in your body!
    BOARD TYRANT
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Pizza. Pasta. Eggs. Steak.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.85%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Piston nailed it pretty well here. Not a lot of supplements actually exist that will be capable of adding weight to you. The only thing I've ever experienced increased appetite from was various T boosters, such as Tropinol XP or Intimidate SRT. Aside from those, not a lot of stuff will actually help you eat more or ingest more calories. I tend to drink 2 Protean shakes a day and drink a shot of olive oil, and the rest of my calories come from whole foods as often as possible. Although I have the occasional protein bar if I need it.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Hot pockets, skittles, mcflurrys
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23%

Appetite isn't the problem, it's work, that's the problem, and I'm really just looking to get back to the 182-185 that I was before before I start looking to slow and steady
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm actually using bsn true mass right now only cause I got a great deal on a bunch of tub
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.26%

have a look into VPX moster gains or you can check out iForces new offering should be in the NP store by the end of the month.
    promo link below
    iForce Presents Mass Gains™! The Whole Foods Mass Gainer!
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Make your own shake.

Protein, oats, pb, eggs.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    have a look into VPX moster gains or you can check out iForces new offering should be in the NP store by the end of the month.
    promo link below
    iForce Presents Mass Gains™! The Whole Foods Mass Gainer!
    this^ it's not your typical weight gainer formula, mass gainz has 20g's of protein per scoop and doesn't have all the sugars and crap that a lot of weight gainers have

i also recommend a serving of PB with each of your 5 meals a day, it's 1000 easy extra calories
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dmmcclair View Post
    Alright, first off, I took a break from fitness when I was in the middle of relocating from Maryland to California. Got here three weeks ago and found a job about a week after I got here. I work 11 hours a day, with a lunch break thrown in there. Nutrition wise, my diet is pretty damn good, with the exception that my cheat meal is usually just that. Anyway, looking to pack it on, and I've used weight gainers in the past, as an ectomorph I started my fitness journey at 135, eventually (2 years) I got to 182-185 somewhere in that range. Looking to get back to that first (current weight is 163-165 at 6' 1"). Right now I just need sheer ****ing calories. Currently using optimum nutrition Serious Mass. However is there a product that you all here would rank higher or better quality even if less calories. The ON line has always been a staple in my supplement stack. I'm using the GNC strength vitapak (though I omit the test booster) and my diet is mainly chicken, beef, sea food, brown rice, pasta, a little bit of yogurt thrown in for the probiotics, and some ice cream every now and then.

My workout routine is the muscle and strength fast start A/B program, a full body 3x/week routine. Happy with it so far, I've successfully gained about 2 pounds this week.

Currently my caloric intake is 3040-3400
    Breakdowns are as follows:
    Protein: 170 grams
    Carbs: 340 grams
    Fats: 113 grams

Any and all comments as well as critiquing is accepted and appreciated.
    Food is the best thing for you.
    Food option wise I can make suggestions.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.75%

I've used Serious Mass and love it, very handy on a bulk. I'm currently on 5k/day and it's tough considering my busy lifestyle. That mass gainz from iForce looks awesome tho. I'd suggest upping your cals to atleast 4k. Here are some easy ways I've found to add calories:

1 cup of Trail Mix (I use great value pb trail mix)- 640 cal

Add 1/2 cup of oats to your shake (I divided my SM shakes into 2 so it'd add 2 1/2 cups = 1 cup) 1/2 cup = 150 cal

Peanut butter- 2tbsp = 190 (8tbsp = 760 + glass of milk 120-150 depending on what long of milk you use)

7oz yoplait yogurt (170 cal) + 1/2 cup bare naked granola (240 cal) = 410 cal

Pop tarts- 2 pastries = 400 cal

Friendly's No fat frozen yogurt (comes in a container like ice cream) 1/2 cup = 110 cal (w/ 0g fat)

Throw in 2 bananas a day (maybe with shake) = 200

Many ways to get in quick cals and a lot of what I listed isn't too bad nutritionally either. Another suggestion I'd give is to prep your meals. Makes life so easy. I'll usually eat about 20oz of chicken a day (~650 cal) 2 cups of noodles (870 cal) and a cup or so of broccoli (~100 cal) and two baked potatoes (~300 cal) and ill divide all that into 3 meals. (Pre, post, and "dinner") that all adds to ~2000. And you just make it all at once then divide it up into 3 meals. Add that plus shakes 2000 + 1400 = 3400 and you already hit your cals, if you do up your cals add in something I suggested (as long as you stay in your macros) and BAM
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVitamin View Post
    I've used Serious Mass and love it, very handy on a bulk. I'm currently on 5k/day and it's tough considering my busy lifestyle. That mass gainz from iForce looks awesome tho. I'd suggest upping your cals to atleast 4k. Here are some easy ways I've found to add calories:

1 cup of Trail Mix (I use great value pb trail mix)- 640 cal

Add 1/2 cup of oats to your shake (I divided my SM shakes into 2 so it'd add 2 1/2 cups = 1 cup) 1/2 cup = 150 cal

Peanut butter- 2tbsp = 190 (8tbsp = 760 + glass of milk 120-150 depending on what long of milk you use)

7oz yoplait yogurt (170 cal) + 1/2 cup bare naked granola (240 cal) = 410 cal

Pop tarts- 2 pastries = 400 cal

Friendly's No fat frozen yogurt (comes in a container like ice cream) 1/2 cup = 110 cal (w/ 0g fat)

Throw in 2 bananas a day (maybe with shake) = 200

Many ways to get in quick cals and a lot of what I listed isn't too bad nutritionally either. Another suggestion I'd give is to prep your meals. Makes life so easy. I'll usually eat about 20oz of chicken a day (~650 cal) 2 cups of noodles (870 cal) and a cup or so of broccoli (~100 cal) and two baked potatoes (~300 cal) and ill divide all that into 3 meals. (Pre, post, and "dinner") that all adds to ~2000. And you just make it all at once then divide it up into 3 meals. Add that plus shakes 2000 + 1400 = 3400 and you already hit your cals, if you do up your cals add in something I suggested (as long as you stay in your macros) and BAM
    Another suggestion here!

Hamburger helper prepared with 1lb 93 7 lean beef or 85 15 and 1 and 2/3rd almond milk or whole milk.

Tastey,cheap,great carb,protein and calorie source*1470 the way I make mine. Its my post workout *

You can increase the calories even more by adding 1 to 2 cups of chocolate milk to drink with it or melting a ton of cheese on it or tomato sauce bake. Or..layer the bottom with crushed tortilla chips,cover that with cheese,then add a layer or the hamburger helper,then repeat. Top off with a layer of cheese and bake for 20 mins. Thats over 2500 calories.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.93%

Whole food will be your best bet as often as possible. When you cant for whatever reason the case is (full, time, ect...) have a look into Mass Gainz.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.02%

1. Eat more real food.
    2. Make your own weight gainer which you can find above
    3. Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex <--- Bananna Cream Pie is very good.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Russian bear russian bear russian bear! Crazy ! 5000 calorie drink! Have one scoop in a shake about 3 times a day youll gain 10 lbs within two weeks.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.33%

Quote Originally Posted by ethan_wilde View Post
    Russian bear russian bear russian bear! Crazy ! 5000 calorie drink! Have one scoop in a shake about 3 times a day youll gain 10 lbs within two weeks.
    That's not even a full serving.

That stuff IS delicious though.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Make your own shake.

Protein, oats, pb, eggs.
    Agreed. I like to add frozen blueberries ^
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/239758-bodybuilding-log-mikeyjd.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best weight gain supplement
    By NKE69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
  2. football weight gaining supplement
    By cbcowan13 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 01:53 AM
  4. weight gaining supplements