Raw eggs?

  1. Raw eggs?


    Is blending up 5 eggs and a protein shake with a banana a good breakfast? I ask about the raw eggs because it's much quicker and I can drink 5 eggs no problem but struggle to eat 2 in the mornings what I'm asking is weather or not it's affective


  2. Quote Originally Posted by william247 View Post
    Is blending up 5 eggs and a protein shake with a banana a good breakfast? I ask about the raw eggs because it's much quicker and I can drink 5 eggs no problem but struggle to eat 2 in the mornings what I'm asking is weather or not it's affective
    Yeah I've done it often but for me I only use the egg whites.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  3. Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    Yeah I've done it often but for me I only use the egg whites.
    Is that because of the cholesterol?
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by william247 View Post
    Is blending up 5 eggs and a protein shake with a banana a good breakfast? I ask about the raw eggs because it's much quicker and I can drink 5 eggs no problem but struggle to eat 2 in the mornings what I'm asking is weather or not it's affective
    This is just a recommendation and although it's rare getting salmonella from raw eggs why not use the cartons if pasteurized egg whites just to be on the safe side? Plus you can make up for the fat missing from the egg yolks with peanut butter or something and it would taste even better.
    www.farrisintensitytraining.co m

  5. Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    Yeah I've done it often but for me I only use the egg whites.
    .
    Is that because of the Cholesterol?

  6. I've used both the cartons and regular eggs. Probably safer to go with the pasteurized eggs but I never had a problem...
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  7. Ok thank you

  8. Your going to be loosing protein ingesting eggs raw.

    http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

    The protein in egg because more digestible when cooked - 94% vs 54%
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Your going to be loosing protein ingesting eggs raw.

    http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

    The protein in egg because more digestible when cooked - 94% vs 54%
    That is a good point, in my case if i eat cooked eggs i get very bad gas...no clue why but raw eggs i have no issue? Maybe placebo...but it happens.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  10. Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    That is a good point, in my case if i eat cooked eggs i get very bad gas...no clue why but raw eggs i have no issue? Maybe placebo...but it happens.
    I'm not seeing what the problem is here. The gas is the fun part :-)

  11. Quote Originally Posted by william247 View Post
    . Is that because of the Cholesterol?
    I'm not answering for the person you asked, but no most people stay away from yolks because of fat content. My daily macro rotation limits fat big time at the moment. Whites are an excellent low cal source of protein.

    The cholesterol in yokes is actually good for you. The only time they should be avoided is when dieting down and they don't fit your macros.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  12. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    I'm not answering for the person you asked, but no most people stay away from yolks because of fat content. My daily macro rotation limits fat big time at the moment. Whites are an excellent low cal source of protein. The cholesterol in yokes is actually good for you. The only time they should be avoided is when dieting down and they don't fit your macros.
    Perfect thanks man

  13. You are better off substituting additional Protean in lieu of uncooked eggs. You will lose a good portion of the protein from the raw egg.

  14. I would just use egg whites, but thats my preference. Either that or personally I think it'd be easier to add another scoop of protean into the shake

  15. The point is because it's quicker. Ya you get less but reALISTICALLY IT PROBABLY ENDS UP BEING MUCH CHEAPER JUST TO USE WHEY.

    Cap loicks stuck, not gonna change it
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Your going to be loosing protein ingesting eggs raw.

    http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

    The protein in egg because more digestible when cooked - 94% vs 54%

    But, then how will I look like Rocky?. Obviously he is buff because he eats raw eggs. Duh.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    The point is because it's quicker. Ya you get less but reALISTICALLY IT PROBABLY ENDS UP BEING MUCH CHEAPER JUST TO USE WHEY. Cap loicks stuck, not gonna change it
    So basically your saying just drink the shake for breakfast ?

  18. Egg Whites!!! Throw 1 full egg in their for some extra fluff

  19. S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by william247 View Post
    So basically your saying just drink the shake for breakfast ?
    I'm saying the reason people did it was they'd rather drink 12 eggs at once then cook them and eat them. Ya you end up getting a bit less but if it meant not having eggs at all, it was worth the sacrifice.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    Ya you end up getting a bit less
    40% less protein is quite a bit

    If its the convenience of drinking that is appealing that why not just drink whey?
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  22. The egg is a valuable protein supplement. There are no other foods that your body can ingest almost all of the protein, and it has a complete essential Amino Acid profile.
    Now, this info is based on what an Army MD told me, but he is legit.
    I will see if I can find some supporting documentation.


    Game Day samples available, if you haven't tried it shoot me a PM and we can make this happen.

  23. Another fun fact about eggs-
    The cholesterol in eggs is high, but in otherwise healthy adults without lipid issues, they will NOT cause any negative effects to your lipids.

    I do my best to eat at least 4 WHOLE eggs everyday, and my lipids are as healthy as can be.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    40% less protein is quite a bit

    If its the convenience of drinking that is appealing that why not just drink whey?
    Think back 20 years. That's when it was more prevalent.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    40% less protein is quite a bit

    If its the convenience of drinking that is appealing that why not just drink whey?
    You can poach them for 2-3 minutes then blend them up. Convenience meets Digestibility
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/261146-workout-log-2-a.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. raw egg whites
    By massmonster in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 12:32 AM
  2. Raw Eggs for your Health
    By BOHICA in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 04:38 PM
  3. Diet change: no more milk but raw eggs
    By Aeternitatis in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 07:49 PM
  4. what is wrong with eating raw egg whites?
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 01:04 PM
  5. Raw eggs
    By MaDmaN in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Log in
Log in