Chocolate milk: superior for bulking? - AnabolicMinds.com

Chocolate milk: superior for bulking?

  1. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    33429

    Reputation

    Chocolate milk: superior for bulking?


    Yes it's high in sugar but I need 5,000 calories and 500+ grams of carbs a day anyway.

    It has adequate protein and fats when made with whole milk. So, I'm getting all 3 macros at once, without cooking or having to choke down chicken breast and rice.

    Thinking of getting at least 2000 cals a day from chocolate milk, and 3000 from other sources.

    Thoughts?

  2. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234818

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Prolly have some GI issues
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  3. Senior Member
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389584

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    Prolly have some GI issues
    Agree!

    Maybe two glasses a day to help add to your macros. All that milk would mess my stomach up. Me and the bath room would have a date 50% of the day.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    Godstrength's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    326531

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    That much dairy could also cause bloating. Food is better!
  5. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    195206

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I hate being lactose intolerant but love me some chocolate milk
    The Swole Stoner
  6. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,447
    Rep Power
    1188224

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    Yes it's high in sugar but I need 5,000 calories and 500+ grams of carbs a day anyway.

    It has adequate protein and fats when made with whole milk. So, I'm getting all 3 macros at once, without cooking or having to choke down chicken breast and rice.

    Thinking of getting at least 2000 cals a day from chocolate milk, and 3000 from other sources.

    Thoughts?
    Why not opt for chocolate milk plus 600 to 900g of baked potatos plus 2 tbs of butter *real butter* 4 tbs of sour cream,garlic and cayanne pepper and alfredo sauce with 2 cups of regular noodles on top?

    1500+ right there.

    Fiber sources for that can be home made chocolate high protien honey oatmeal cookies. 350 +a cookie the way I make them.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  7. Senior Member
    nicksox15's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,190
    Rep Power
    1435637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Lol, how many gallons of chocolate milk would that be in a day? I love me some chocolate milk but would never want to touch it after trying that for a day or two.
  8. Advanced Member
    laneanders's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    198649

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Yeah that's a lot of milk. Try some Protean + milk it even comes in milk chocolate flavor. Much more calorie dense.
  9. Senior Member
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    409377

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'd just use regular milk... Use honey if you want the extra cals from sugars.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  10. Advanced Member
    tcslick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    864
    Rep Power
    166797

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    Prolly have some GI issues
    Definitely. I worked at a convenient store way back and I used to drink a half gallon ED because it was cheap, fast and filling. And everyday I was ripping, all day.
  11. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,432
    Rep Power
    1235248

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Superior for deliciousness! I drink about a 1/4 gallon a day and have for almost 20 years.
  12. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    195206

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Might have to grab some chocolate lactaid when I go grocery shopping
    The Swole Stoner
  13. Senior Member
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    409377

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Might have to grab some chocolate lactaid when I go grocery shopping
    That exists?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  14. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    195206

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Yes it does
    The Swole Stoner
  15. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,449
    Rep Power
    2612252

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    2 cups Tru moo post ftw
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  16. Advanced Member
    BigKrabbe's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    75991

    Reputation Reputation

    Chocolate milk used to be a staple of mine, but it definitely tore up my guts. I think adding a quarter gallon of whole chocolate milk is a great and easy way to add calories to ones diet though.
  17. Senior Member
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    409377

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Yes it does
    Why not just drink lactose-free milk?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  18. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    195206

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Because its lactose free chocolate milk
    The Swole Stoner
  19. New Member
    hooah47's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    144

    Reputation

    Go for it man, I kill a half gallon of whole chocolate milk a day when bulking. Great source of carbs, fats, protein, and calories. Just spread it out throughout the entire day, you'll be g2g
  20. New Member
    sheepdog.tx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    9742

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    Prolly have some GI issues
    Thats an understatement.

    If you want more dairy in with less cals might look at non-fat dry milk, its the original weightgainer before whey (but again Gi issues). Heavy whipping cream is also boatloads of cals if you dont mind the fat. For sneaking in low cal dairy i recommend non fat sour cream, not huge but it adds up.

    But overall you need a well rounded mix of protiens, not just from dairy but meats, beans, legumes, peas, etc. These give a blend of higher animos here vs there so youre not lacking in one versus another, minerals, and fiber. Not a fan of drinking calories but when I do its a minimum with a speciflc reason in mind like rushing leucine and fast digestion whey post workout. Remember whole foods with less isolation of its parts its almost always better for you. Some people think most if not all the health issues we have are due to either parasites from poor quality handling/frankenfarming or from foods we once ate whole now so over processed they no longer meet our nutritonal needs. Thats what we get for trying to put smart nature. Supplementation is just that, supplementing your diet, more than likely to a level on par with out ancestors.
  21. New Member
    Mikeyjd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    70305

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog.tx View Post
    Thats an understatement.

    If you want more dairy in with less cals might look at non-fat dry milk, its the original weightgainer before whey (but again Gi issues). Heavy whipping cream is also boatloads of cals if you dont mind the fat. For sneaking in low cal dairy i recommend non fat sour cream, not huge but it adds up.

    But overall you need a well rounded mix of protiens, not just from dairy but meats, beans, legumes, peas, etc. These give a blend of higher animos here vs there so youre not lacking in one versus another, minerals, and fiber. Not a fan of drinking calories but when I do its a minimum with a speciflc reason in mind like rushing leucine and fast digestion whey post workout. Remember whole foods with less isolation of its parts its almost always better for you. Some people think most if not all the health issues we have are due to either parasites from poor quality handling/frankenfarming or from foods we once ate whole now so over processed they no longer meet our nutritonal needs. Thats what we get for trying to put smart nature. Supplementation is just that, supplementing your diet, more than likely to a level on par with out ancestors.
    Non-fat greek yogurt ftw!
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/239758-bodybuilding-log-mikeyjd.html
  22. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,432
    Rep Power
    1235248

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Keep an eye on the labels because the low or non fat versions usually have more sugar in them or artificial sweeteners. Fat ftw.
  23. New Member
    Mikeyjd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    70305

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Keep an eye on the labels because the low or non fat versions usually have more sugar in them or artificial sweeteners. Fat ftw.
    Ingredients list: Cultured grade A non-fat milk* 9 grams of lactose 22grams of protein. Taste's comparable to sour cream imo.
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/239758-bodybuilding-log-mikeyjd.html
  24. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,432
    Rep Power
    1235248

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Cool, my comment was more general in nature because everyone is on a greek yogurt kick right now and I happened to start comparing them.
  25. New Member
    Mikeyjd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    70305

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Cool, my comment was more general in nature because everyone is on a greek yogurt kick right now and I happened to start comparing them.
    Right on. It's probably the best way I can think of to get quality casein in your diet along with the other benefits of dairy.
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/239758-bodybuilding-log-mikeyjd.html
  26. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,432
    Rep Power
    1235248

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Oh trust me, I pound through 7-8 a week. lol
  27. New Member
    Mikeyjd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    70305

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Oh trust me, I pound through 7-8 a week. lol
    You got me beat. I'm only doing 2-3 (32oz tubs)/ week.
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/239758-bodybuilding-log-mikeyjd.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Chocolate Milk: The best choice for PWO?
    By tattoopierced1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 06:33 PM
  2. The ultimate milk for bulking
    By tattoopierced1 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:00 PM
  3. Chocolate milk for recovery?
    By motiv8er in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 05:31 PM
  4. Dosing for bulk milk thistle
    By mghoodlum in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 06:12 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in