Chocolate milk: superior for bulking?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Yes it's high in sugar but I need 5,000 calories and 500+ grams of carbs a day anyway.

It has adequate protein and fats when made with whole milk. So, I'm getting all 3 macros at once, without cooking or having to choke down chicken breast and rice.

Thinking of getting at least 2000 cals a day from chocolate milk, and 3000 from other sources.

Thoughts?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Prolly have some GI issues

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Agree!

Maybe two glasses a day to help add to your macros. All that milk would mess my stomach up. Me and the bath room would have a date 50% of the day.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That much dairy could also cause bloating. Food is better!

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I hate being lactose intolerant but love me some chocolate milk

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes it's high in sugar but I need 5,000 calories and 500+ grams of carbs a day anyway.

It has adequate protein and fats when made with whole milk. So, I'm getting all 3 macros at once, without cooking or having to choke down chicken breast and rice.

Thinking of getting at least 2000 cals a day from chocolate milk, and 3000 from other sources.

Thoughts?
Why not opt for chocolate milk plus 600 to 900g of baked potatos plus 2 tbs of butter *real butter* 4 tbs of sour cream,garlic and cayanne pepper and alfredo sauce with 2 cups of regular noodles on top?

1500+ right there.

Fiber sources for that can be home made chocolate high protien honey oatmeal cookies. 350 +a cookie the way I make them.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, how many gallons of chocolate milk would that be in a day? I love me some chocolate milk but would never want to touch it after trying that for a day or two.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Yeah that's a lot of milk. Try some Protean + milk it even comes in milk chocolate flavor. Much more calorie dense.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I'd just use regular milk... Use honey if you want the extra cals from sugars.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
Definitely. I worked at a convenient store way back and I used to drink a half gallon ED because it was cheap, fast and filling. And everyday I was ripping, all day.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Superior for deliciousness! I drink about a 1/4 gallon a day and have for almost 20 years.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Might have to grab some chocolate lactaid when I go grocery shopping

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
2 cups Tru moo post ftw

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate milk used to be a staple of mine, but it definitely tore up my guts. I think adding a quarter gallon of whole chocolate milk is a great and easy way to add calories to ones diet though.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Because its lactose free chocolate milk

hooah47

hooah47

Awards
Go for it man, I kill a half gallon of whole chocolate milk a day when bulking. Great source of carbs, fats, protein, and calories. Just spread it out throughout the entire day, you'll be g2g

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Thats an understatement.

If you want more dairy in with less cals might look at non-fat dry milk, its the original weightgainer before whey (but again Gi issues). Heavy whipping cream is also boatloads of cals if you dont mind the fat. For sneaking in low cal dairy i recommend non fat sour cream, not huge but it adds up.

But overall you need a well rounded mix of protiens, not just from dairy but meats, beans, legumes, peas, etc. These give a blend of higher animos here vs there so youre not lacking in one versus another, minerals, and fiber. Not a fan of drinking calories but when I do its a minimum with a speciflc reason in mind like rushing leucine and fast digestion whey post workout. Remember whole foods with less isolation of its parts its almost always better for you. Some people think most if not all the health issues we have are due to either parasites from poor quality handling/frankenfarming or from foods we once ate whole now so over processed they no longer meet our nutritonal needs. Thats what we get for trying to put smart nature. Supplementation is just that, supplementing your diet, more than likely to a level on par with out ancestors.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Thats an understatement.

If you want more dairy in with less cals might look at non-fat dry milk, its the original weightgainer before whey (but again Gi issues). Heavy whipping cream is also boatloads of cals if you dont mind the fat. For sneaking in low cal dairy i recommend non fat sour cream, not huge but it adds up.

But overall you need a well rounded mix of protiens, not just from dairy but meats, beans, legumes, peas, etc. These give a blend of higher animos here vs there so youre not lacking in one versus another, minerals, and fiber. Not a fan of drinking calories but when I do its a minimum with a speciflc reason in mind like rushing leucine and fast digestion whey post workout. Remember whole foods with less isolation of its parts its almost always better for you. Some people think most if not all the health issues we have are due to either parasites from poor quality handling/frankenfarming or from foods we once ate whole now so over processed they no longer meet our nutritonal needs. Thats what we get for trying to put smart nature. Supplementation is just that, supplementing your diet, more than likely to a level on par with out ancestors.
Non-fat greek yogurt ftw!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep an eye on the labels because the low or non fat versions usually have more sugar in them or artificial sweeteners. Fat ftw.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Keep an eye on the labels because the low or non fat versions usually have more sugar in them or artificial sweeteners. Fat ftw.
Ingredients list: Cultured grade A non-fat milk* 9 grams of lactose 22grams of protein. Taste's comparable to sour cream imo.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool, my comment was more general in nature because everyone is on a greek yogurt kick right now and I happened to start comparing them.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Cool, my comment was more general in nature because everyone is on a greek yogurt kick right now and I happened to start comparing them.
Right on. It's probably the best way I can think of to get quality casein in your diet along with the other benefits of dairy.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards