Beanpole on a bulk

Musclestaddon

Musclestaddon

Awards
HI guys

Will cut to the chase....

Im 6'7'', weigh in at 182 pounds, about 8% bodyfat and looking to add mass.

I have spent most of life doing MMA, karate, boxing etc and so am quite strong and athletic, but definitely lack muscle size.

I am about to start a bulking phase.

my calories are about 4100. (4600 on training days)

protein is around 300g

carbs are around 380g (rest days), 460g (training days)

fats are around (130g)

My protein is pretty much just coming from eggs, chicken, tuna and beef.

My carbs are coming from oats, potato and the fast acting carbs in my post workout shake. (im not great at consuming rice, bread or pasta as i just cant seem to digest much of them. However im great with potato).

fats solely come from the meat, fish, eggs and avocado.

Veg is green and fibrous and with pretty much every time i eat, bar breakfast perhaps.

How does this sound? Do you guys think that this will add muscle if i train correctly? I know the fats are quite high, but i wanted to keep testosterone at optimal levels, and fats can help with that.

cheers

PS.

if people were curious as to my training schedule with this diet....

monday= chest and triceps
tuesday= Rest
wednesday= back and biceps
thursday= Rest
friday= Shoulders and traps
saturday= Rest
Sunday= Legs

mainly heavyish weight, 8-12 reps per set, 3-4 sets per exercise, 3-4 exercises per bodypart (leg and back upto 5-6 exercises)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you still training mma and all? I would add more carbs and drop protein. Drink plenty of water. Creatine mono will help.

Musclestaddon

Musclestaddon

Awards
Are you still training mma and all? I would add more carbs and drop protein. Drink plenty of water. Creatine mono will help.

No i have stopped all MMA etc. Not doing any cardio except for 15 mins warmup before weights, and a warmdown after.

Already have a few supplements going and creatine mono is one of them. Along with a multivit, aminos, zma and test booster.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok wanted to check.

I would suggest with your build to start with a full body routine. Personally I am doing High Intensity Training and love it. Other options would be mad cow, Starting Strength (Mark Rippetoe), Bill Starr 5*5.

Those sound like some solid basic supps. I would also suggest a carb supplement to make it easier to get them in especially since you said you have a hard time digesting certain carbs.

Edit: also what weight class were you fighting? Haha

Musclestaddon

Musclestaddon

Awards
Ok wanted to check.

I would suggest with your build to start with a full body routine. Personally I am doing High Intensity Training and love it. Other options would be mad cow, Starting Strength (Mark Rippetoe), Bill Starr 5*5.

Those sound like some solid basic supps. I would also suggest a carb supplement to make it easier to get them in especially since you said you have a hard time digesting certain carbs.

Edit: also what weight class were you fighting? Haha

Oh forgot that my postworkout shake is Mutant Mass (1/2 a serving). But now you say I should up my carbs, perhaps i should do the full serving? gives a sold 174g extra carbs.

I was fighting between middle and light heavy. Though it depended on the gym at the time.

A bit embarassing being my height and walking into the cage with a similar weighted person who was a foot shorter lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That would be quite a bit. Maybe have an intra shake with carbs and aminos.
I would definitely eat more carbs. More of a fan of eating my calories. But I'm on the other end of the spectrum.
Well if I fought I would be walking into a cage/ring with someone a foot taller than me haha. I am 5'7" and 250 pounds.

Musclestaddon

Musclestaddon

Awards
That would be quite a bit. Maybe have an intra shake with carbs and aminos.
I would definitely eat more carbs. More of a fan of eating my calories. But I'm on the other end of the spectrum.
Well if I fought I would be walking into a cage/ring with someone a foot taller than me haha. I am 5'7" and 250 pounds.

screw fighting someone at 250 pounds if im only 180. Even if i was an exceptional fighter, the weight difference would be a massive issue for me.

If i add a full serving of mutant mass though, my daily carb intake goes up to about 520-530g. Wouldnt this be enough? otherwise, if i had to up it more then im heading for the 600g plus which seems a tad high.

Cheers for the tips btw, a big help.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya that seems odd to me. Not sure why you wouldn't be fighting at welterweight or at most middleweight.
I'm just more of a fan of eating. Plus I know weight gainers are never cheap. Feel like I get more out of eating.
Not a problem.

Musclestaddon

Musclestaddon

Awards
Ya that seems odd to me. Not sure why you wouldn't be fighting at welterweight or at most middleweight.
I'm just more of a fan of eating. Plus I know weight gainers are never cheap. Feel like I get more out of eating.
Not a problem.

Ah ok.

Well mutant mass tastes amazing and i can drink it all day so its the easy way for me to add carbs, as i have an issue with consuming heavy whole food carbs. PLus i can get mutant mass cheap so thats not a factor.

So if i was on about 300g protein, 500 or so grams of carbs and 120-130g fats, that would get some quality weight on right?

I mean even though im very tall and slim, when i have eaten well for a few weeks and trained, i seem to fill out quite quickly so i think, even though i would be classed as an ectomorph, i have a few mesomorph traits too.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I might have missed it, but you taking an intraWO? Easy place to get some fast digesting carbs in that you will be using for your workout and help keep you pushing through the session. I use G2 powder and Compete. Right around 100g of carbs.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
You said you were running a test booster, which one was it? You might want to look at Tropinol XP and Intimidate SRT.

Musclestaddon

Musclestaddon

Awards
You said you were running a test booster, which one was it? You might want to look at Tropinol XP and Intimidate SRT.

Am just about to finish a tub of Universal Sterol Complex. Aside from the ridiculously large pills, it is a great booster. Get a good alpha feel off it and good focus in my workouts.

I have heard a fair bit about tropinol, so i think i may try that.