bulking macros

python93

python93

Awards
Watsup bros! So I'm bulking and my macros are the following 3000 cals 300 carbs 187 protein 116 fats. I'm 20 and weigh 185...I in know I have to experiment and look at my maintenance calories. But Do these macros look ok? Is it OK to have the fats so high? Feel free to share your macros with me and your opinion!!

Chimaera

Chimaera

Awards
What is your LBM? Profile says you weigh 205 and your post says 185. Really need an accurate LBM to set a template.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
What is your LBM? Profile says you weigh 205 and your post says 185. Really need an accurate LBM to set a template.
Not necessarily, anywhere between 160-180 should be more than sufficient.

Chimaera

Chimaera

Awards
Not necessarily, anywhere between 160-180 should be more than sufficient.
Sufficient for calculating? Wouldn't that leave room for upwards of 400 calories a day difference? I think that would make a difference in the long run. If you have serious goals, accuracy counts and can make your job much easier in the long haul IMO

python93

python93

Awards
Sorry guys I currently weigh 185 I used to weigh 205 but that's when I was pretty fat lol

Chimaera

Chimaera

Awards
Go ahead and run those macros. If you start putting on to much fat, adjust your carbs down on off days. Just pay attention to your body. I don't think the fat is too high. your body will fight for homeostasis nutritionally as it will chemically, hormonally so if carbs are to high and glycogen is full, it stores as fat.

christhetic

christhetic

Awards
The ratio between macros are relative to your genetics, insulin sensitivity specifically. I personally will bulk at 350 carbs 320 protein and 80 fat. In saying that I have experimented with a higher fat diet, composed of 200 carb 120 fat 300 pro. I was definitely drier due to the lower carbs, thereby reducing my water retention. There is definitely a more efficient way to bulk with regards to macros, that however can not be taught and you must trial different methods for yourself. Generally speaking its the total calories however which will determine the rate at which you gain weight.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Sufficient for calculating? Wouldn't that leave room for upwards of 400 calories a day difference? I think that would make a difference in the long run. If you have serious goals, accuracy counts and can make your job much easier in the long haul IMO
For his weight of 185 ya they'd be enough.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bulking 10
big_pete Bulking 20
u_e_s_i Nutrition / Health 7
Bulking 1
Bulking 20