ive had it with carbohydrates

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Good rule for adjusting macro's. Figure protein needed for your LBM then divide that by .75. That is your carb intake. Depending on your calorie needs, multiply your protein by.21 and no more than .41. This is your fat gram intake. Hope that helps

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    Good rule for adjusting macro's. Figure protein needed for your LBM then divide that by .75. That is your carb intake. Depending on your calorie needs, multiply your protein by.21 and no more than .41. This is your fat gram intake. Hope that helps
    Can you explain that a little more plz. What rule/law/methods do you use for determining LBM protein req?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by wrathman10 View Post

Can you explain that a little more plz. What rule/law/methods do you use for determining LBM protein req?
    There is no cookie cutter approach. Every one differs slightly. Generally speaking, people agree thT 1 - 1.5g protein per lb of mass is enough for anyone. If doing extreme cutting, that number may need to be higher..

4. depending on how active you are daily your body needs X amount of protein to function. If your LBM(lean body mass) is 185lbs and you are not a pro athlete or extremely active all day every day then multiply that by .7 up to.9(use your judgment on activity level). This is your protein intake. The reason I put this equation in here is because you were having trouble with your stomach and you were readjusting your macros and I thought this would help. As far as needing more than a gram of protein per pound of mass, I think you will find the timing of consumption more important. Everybody is different and that is what makes it so tricky to find the balance.

5. Something else to consider is the tendency of each macro to be stored as fat, glycogen or used in muscle-building processes.

Protein has a tendency to be used inside the cell for building.

Carbs have a tendency to be used as glycogenic energy in an on-going basis.

Fats have a tendency to be stored as body fat and later used when carbs are not present or you are in a caloric deficit of some sort.

The only reason I mention this is because there are other reasons to eat protein beyond the reason of "what your body needs". That really depends. Protein doesn't like to be stored as fat, and generally speaking as long as you aren't in a deficit, protein will likely be used to help construct and rebuild fibers. You'd get faster fat burning effects if you were eating 50% of your diet from protein and the other 50% made up of fats/carbs vs. eating 50% carbs, and the fats/proteins make up the rest.

I tend to eat more protein when cutting than bulking. You don't need as much protein when you have tons of carbs/fats for energy during bulk season. Cutting fat, you'll want to lower carbs and make up the difference in protein if possible since protein is way less efficient in the body and will be used up as energy long before it gets stored as fat.
    •   

6. if I don't eat 250-350 grams of carbs I cant function lmao

hit that protein man
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's it with white blood?
    By ZoMbSta in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 11:25 AM
  2. Primo! What to stack it with?
    By Wallsy72 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12