Creatine and bulking

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
My goals is to gain 10-12lbs in the next 4-5 months. I'm in my 3rd week of bulking as of now. I only supplement with whey (only when i dont get enough protein from food) and vitamins/minerals. I upped the calories to as much as I can eat cleanly (around 3000 at this time).
I'm already seeing strenght increase on all my lifts and I'm planning to add creatine also.

Will it provide any real help in reaching my goal ?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need some more info, how long have you been training? What type of training are you currently doing? What is your weight currently?

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
First walked into a gym 2 years ago, but training consistently for 1 year, weight is 166lbs, bodyfat is around 12-13%. I'm training 4 times a week, following the lean gains protocol 5 times a week.

Training looks like this:
monday: chest / biceps
tuesday: legs / abs
wednesday: rest day
thursday: shoulders / traps
friday: back / triceps
weekend - rest

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
You might want to look at a natty test booster to increase appetite so you can increase caloric intake in order to meet your goals. Tropinol XP and Intimidate SRT are good options.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
well if you look like your profile pic, beetlejuice, you need some real help lol. no but really Tropinol XP and Intimidate SRT would boost that test up and maybe stimulate some growth

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
well if you look like your profile pic, beetlejuice, you need some real help lol. no but really Tropinol XP and Intimidate SRT would boost that test up and maybe stimulate some growth
I stumbled upon that one a week ago and it was so funny i had to make it my profile pic :)
This is how I was looking a while ago, my BF is lower now and got stronger also.
http://images-cdn.anabolicminds.com/image404.jpg 83111d1371732186-skinnyfat-ectomorph-slow-gympic.png .att

I would love some test boosters that really work, I tried tribulus in the past, but did nothing else than hardening the morning wood.

My question was if creatine would help me achieve the goal.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine can certainly aid you in your journey but your diet and workouts will be far more beneficial than creatine. It's not a wonder drug that helps you pack on mass, it aids in recovery helps you workout harder. If test boosters are a route you want to go check out some of the logs we have going on right now for Alphamax, will definitely help you get after it at the gym! Also you posted your split, but how are you lifting on those days? High weight low reps or the opposite?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How old? Can't see on mobile app.

Creatine will surely help of course. It's cheap and should be used year round IMO.

But calorie surplus and heavy lifting will be your main keys to gaining size. Only a year into lifting hard you still have a LOT you could to gain even without the use of a test booster especially if you are young.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Creatine helped me break through many plateaus and achieve new PR's, I think mainly because of the extra water helping to cushion my joints. Every time I used creatine I could just feel the power, and my muscles would stay pumped all day. I'm an extreme responder to creatine, but the downside is that it constipates the f--- out of me. I would drink twice my normal amount of water, and still not be able to take a sh-t. Absolutely miserable, so a few years later I said f- it and haven't used it since. If you respond well to it, it will help you in a lot of areas. Only used creapure.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
How old? Can't see on mobile app.

Creatine will surely help of course. It's cheap and should be used year round IMO.

But calorie surplus and heavy lifting will be your main keys to gaining size. Only a year into lifting hard you still have a LOT you could to gain even without the use of a test booster especially if you are young.
I'm 29. Last time I checked (months ago) my T level it was 792 ng/Dl. Should I use test boosters along with creatine then ?

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Creatine helped me break through many plateaus and achieve new PR's, I think mainly because of the extra water helping to cushion my joints. Every time I used creatine I could just feel the power, and my muscles would stay pumped all day. I'm an extreme responder to creatine, but the downside is that it constipates the f--- out of me. I would drink twice my normal amount of water, and still not be able to take a sh-t. Absolutely miserable, so a few years later I said f- it and haven't used it since. If you respond well to it, it will help you in a lot of areas. Only used creapure.
I do respond well to creatine, water retention is pretty high in my case, but after I stop taking it, the water goes away along with the increased strength. Are there any side effects if I stay on it for the bulk duration ?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
DAA / X gels / bulbine? those are pretty cheap supplements you can use other than creatine.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm 29. Last time I checked (months ago) my T level it was 792 ng/Dl. Should I use test boosters along with creatine then ?
That would work. Yep. For a simple test boost stack daa would be my first suggestion. 3g a day split in two doses works well for most. No reason to go any higher then 3g.

Pure Test is FINAFLEX DAA product. Can get two bottles for about twenty bucks in NutraPlanet.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Might I also suggest IGNITE2.....CREA-TRONA, DAA as well a large assortment of goodies added in to help you kill it in the gym. All in a handy dandy pre workout.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Thanks for your replies and supplement suggestions. The only problem is that I cannot find any of these supps here in Romania ....

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
First walked into a gym 2 years ago, but training consistently for 1 year, weight is 166lbs, bodyfat is around 12-13%. I'm training 4 times a week, following the lean gains protocol 5 times a week.

Training looks like this:
monday: chest / biceps
tuesday: legs / abs
wednesday: rest day
thursday: shoulders / traps
friday: back / triceps
weekend - rest
Personally, I would forget this split for now and focus on the big lifts for the big muscles... especially for someone fairly 'new' to lifting, you will benefit greatly from this IMHO.

Pick you main lift and do 5 x 5 heavy as hell. Then do your supports at 3 x 8-12 reps.

What I would suggest, and how I structure my current workout, is something like this;

Lower 1;
Squats - main lift

Supports;
Romanian deads
Unilateral leg work - single leg deadlifts for example
Leg curls / extensions superset maybe.
Calf raises
ABS/CORE.

Upper 1;
Bench - main lift

Supports;
Bent over rows
Tricep extensions
Facepulls
Bicep curls

Lower 2;
Deadlifts - main lift

Supports;
Unilateral leg work - single leg squats (rear leg elevated)
Walking Lunges
Calf raises
Straight arm pulldowns / rows (optional)
ABS/Core.

Upper 2;
Overhead press - main lift

Supports;
Pull ups
Close grip bench
Rear delt raises
DB shrugs