Cant seem to lose body fat!

RooneyLFC96

Awards
I originally posted this on the weight loss section but realized it's probably bed posting on this as there might be more info!

About one month ago I started a new diet and exercise routine to try and lose some body fat but if anything I seem to have put on more weight! My diet is breakfast (3eggs) and a protein shake! Lunch (chicken and white rice, then my workout followed by a protein shake and then usually 2 chicken breast and rice with egg! I go to the gym 5 days a week mostly weights but do about 1 hours cardio within them days! Any advice would be greatly appreciated as my belly seems the be getting bigger, not smaller nor toned!

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Its more about how much of what you eat..
You're in the bulking section too you probably want to post in the other section..
When you eat your eggs make sure its the egg whites only since you're looking to lose weight..
Plus switch that white rice to brown rice.. Complex carbs are better than the simple carbs for your purpse..
Calories in vs calories out.. Make sure you eat less than what your body uses aka run a calorie deficit..

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
We're missing some info. How much do you weigh? How many calories do you burn in 1 hour of cardio? You may also be achieving some results but since we look at our body every day we may not notice it as much as people who haven't seen us in months, that's happened to me before

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
add a nice thermogenic sup to the mix..
some can help with hunger as well as burning fat.
I like Dexaprine, Alphamine, OeP, Redline UHC, Clenbutrx

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Its more about how much of what you eat..
You're in the bulking section too you probably want to post in the other section..
When you eat your eggs make sure its the egg whites only since you're looking to lose weight..
Plus switch that white rice to brown rice.. Complex carbs are better than the simple carbs for your purpse..
Calories in vs calories out.. Make sure you eat less than what your body uses aka run a calorie deficit..
Why will egg whites vs whole eggs allow me to lose weight faster/more effectively

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Why will egg whites vs whole eggs allow me to lose weight faster/more effectively
Fats are good for you, help increase testosterone and therefore cut better.

RooneyLFC96

Awards
Iron warrior I weigh 9,1/2 stone and burn around approx 600 cals an hour or cardio!
I'll try eating only the egg white!

But one thing, might sound stupid, if I go on a card deficit diet will I not put on as much muscle? I might loose the weight but would it in return effect my ability to put on muscle or would I still gain a good amount by taking in protein aswell via shakes?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yeah I know, just curious on that post

john A.

john A.

Awards
Hello hvactec, Well, Any good weight loss diet should always incorporate some degree of fat, carbs and protein as we all know. The reason why is Whole eggs are healthy sources of fats since the majority of eggs’ calories come from fat versus from protein or carbohydrate. I recommend mixing egg whites with whole eggs to even out the ratio of protein and fat. You can always get sufficient lean protein from other sources and take in non-starchy vegetables necessary which are to optimize heath and weight, then whole eggs are fine. More simply, if someone eats eggs as a source of fat, whole eggs are fine. If someone eats eggs as a source of protein, then you would need to mix egg whites with whole eggs to ensure your consume mostly protein.

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Most cutting diets I've seen use only egg whites..
That's what I did on my cutting journey and it worked pretty well..
So I could've eaten the whole eggs!?!?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Most cutting diets I've seen use only egg whites..
That's what I did on my cutting journey and it worked pretty well..
So I could've eaten the whole eggs!?!?
If you account for the calories that go along with the egg, yes.

Also, keto, carb cycling, ckd, carb backloading, etc are all diets that can lead to good fat loss and a good cut. My personal best results came from high fat diet, it's all about macros and meal timing.

john A.

john A.

Awards
Yes, you could've eaten the whole eggs or as I mentioned in my post do half & half. Another reason why you can do whole eggs is that when your just eating egg whites alone it voids vitamins B2, B12, vitamin D, and iron. Of course their are other sources to obtain these vitamins as well. But, if you didn't know, now you know. :)

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
It has been said a lot but this might be cortisol related. If not then you just need to burn more calories. Add a themorgenic like Dexaprine XR and Ephedrine for the ECY stack.

john A.

john A.

Awards
Hello Rooney, I can tell you right now that instead of white rice, eat brown rice instead. The reason is that brown rice is a whole grain starch, compared to white rice which is basically a processed carb. Also, brown rice doesn't raise your blood glucose levels unlike white rice which leads to, the way insulin gets extra sugar out of your blood is by stimulating the liver to turn the sugar into fat and store it in your adipose fat tissue. My question to you is what type of protein shake are you taking currently? Are you taking a whey hydrolyzed, whey isolate, or whey+casein protein? It can also interfere due to how many calories are consumed in the protein & you may also want to mix it up in the gym doing different workouts & may want to consider looking into taking a thermogenic for yourself as well.

RooneyLFC96

Awards
Alright john! I use Undenatured Whey Protein Concentrate, or as it's market as impact whey protein! It's just kind of annoying as I can notice a small increase in muscle but can also notice fat being put on aswell! I feel as if I wouldn't gain any fat I could appreciate the results a lot more!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hello Rooney, I can tell you right now that instead of white rice, eat brown rice instead. The reason is that brown rice is a whole grain starch, compared to white rice which is basically a processed carb. Also, brown rice doesn't raise your blood glucose levels unlike white rice which leads to, the way insulin gets extra sugar out of your blood is by stimulating the liver to turn the sugar into fat and store it in your adipose fat tissue. My question to you is what type of protein shake are you taking currently? Are you taking a whey hydrolyzed, whey isolate, or whey+casein protein? It can also interfere due to how many calories are consumed in the protein & you may also want to mix it up in the gym doing different workouts & may want to consider looking into taking a thermogenic for yourself as well.
I would recommend anyone against going to brown rice... it won't necessarily help anyone shed weight. It's all about the macronutrients in your diet and what your caloric goals are at the end of the day. If you are able to maintain yourself in that range and in a deficit, you will lose wieght.

Brown rice is the recommendation for people who need to feel fuller for longer, if someone is in a cut like this it won't really add much at all to the weight loss program and may even cause elevated glucose level for longer which may be detrimental.

john A.

john A.

Awards
Of course it all comes down to calories Bla55. I understand what your saying in regards to making you feel full, well if you feel more full the less food you'll actually eat as which will help in reduction in calories & let's not forget that brown rice is relatively low in energy density because of the fiber and water it contains. Foods which are low in energy density fill you up with fewer calories than those with high energy density, making it easier to lose weight. But, he's still doing well with the lean protein in his diet. He may want to also look into taking some omega 3's that contain CLA on top of a thermogenic formula.

john A.

john A.

Awards
Ok, that's a good start, Your macronutrients should be around 50% protein 30% fat and 20% carbohydrate. Let's say your instance you workout Tues,Wed,Thurs,Fri and rest day on Sat. I'm just using this as an example and I'll try to break this down to best of my knowledge for you. For Tuesday you can do some cardio to in the evening. The evening is best because our metabolism begins to slow down. Since the body is most responsive to carbohydrate consumption following activity try to get more carbs in postworkout. You still want to lean meats, veggies and quality fats (omega 3's, avocados, olive oil) every 3 hours. Wednesdays you can try doing 40 minutes of walking on an inclined treadmill after that consume your protein shake, I'll use 10 am for example. By 3pm have a preworkout & after workout either some BCAA'S or whey. Having high insulin levels coupled with fat intake will drive fat directly into storage. I would suggest continue with whey protein, add some BCAA's as well. I like Usplabs Modern BCAA, a pre-workout (No2), Omega 3 with CLA, and thermogenic fat burner. Just make sure if you plan on doing a thermo and preworkout is days that your doing cardio or on abs machine use the thermo then, days when your weight lifting take the preworkout.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Hello hvactec, Well, Any good weight loss diet should always incorporate some degree of fat, carbs and protein as we all know. The reason why is Whole eggs are healthy sources of fats since the majority of eggs' calories come from fat versus from protein or carbohydrate. I recommend mixing egg whites with whole eggs to even out the ratio of protein and fat. You can always get sufficient lean protein from other sources and take in non-starchy vegetables necessary which are to optimize heath and weight, then whole eggs are fine. More simply, if someone eats eggs as a source of fat, whole eggs are fine. If someone eats eggs as a source of protein, then you would need to mix egg whites with whole eggs to ensure your consume mostly protein.
Right, however the post I referred to mentioned "if fat loss is your goal then only eat egg whites" I was asking the poster to explain his statement....are we back to the eating every 3 hour non sense

john A.

john A.

Awards
Ok, for fat loss id go half egg whites, and half whole. You'll benefit with those additional nutrients and vitamins with whole eggs and your body gets more protein one would still be able to lose weight as long as their macronutrients are set well.